The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299475 - 07/24/21 11:12 AM Designer Body
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
This thread is a creative exercise. If you could design your physical body in any way, how would you describe it?

I would choose a petite body with minimum curvature. As for outward age, thirty or younger.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299476 - 07/24/21 03:19 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

I'm not sure of the purpose of the discussion. To me it would be wonderful if we could all have good health -- nobody wants to be genetically prone to this or that. That includes physical, mental, dental, and ophthalmologic health. It's crazy that these areas are often insured differently.

Good health is more than enough. But I guess if we want more, we could be smarter, faster, stronger, more perceptive in our senses, etc. Sure, hard work counts, but Olympic athletes, great musicians, scientists, etc. all have a natural advantage to begin with.

#299477 - 07/24/21 03:48 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
No fantasy. I am comfortable with the body I have I've invested a fair amount of time in its maintenance and improvement, although I could do with a little less belly fat....

Agree with Bingley about the purpose of this thread. overall, good health is supreme, as opposed to mere shape. I would say, looking back, that the gaining of good lifestyle habits (no smoking, good diet, regular exercise) now is really paying off.

#299480 - 07/24/21 04:04 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Bingley]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Bingley
I'm not sure of the purpose of the discussion.

Life can't just be about prepping. It's good to let our minds explore.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299481 - 07/24/21 04:10 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: hikermor
overall, good health is supreme, as opposed to mere shape. I would say, looking back, that the gaining of good lifestyle habits (no smoking, good diet, regular exercise) now is really paying off.

All the good habits a person can practice would not give me the petite body I would like to have.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299482 - 07/24/21 06:01 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
Could you define 'petite' jeanette?
Qjs

#299483 - 07/24/21 06:36 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: quick_joey_small]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
Could you define 'petite' jeanette?

Petite as in approximately 152cm, small bone structure, and no curves.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299484 - 07/24/21 07:40 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Don't worry. All things come to those who wait. When old age arrives, your height will shrink, as Mrs. Hikermor and i are finding out to our chagrin.

As a youngster, Iwas quit tall for my age in 5th grade, and I aspired to be 6 feet tall, and a huge basketball star. I topped out at 5' ll 1/2" (179 cm) nd th world lost a basketball player.

Today I have shrunk to 5'7" (maybe 8 if I cheat a little).

Just bee patient; your time is coming...

#299485 - 07/24/21 08:50 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Like hikermor, I feel we should value functionality over appearance, and we should maintain our body because it does a lot of things for us, not because we want our body to conform to some arbitrary standard imposed by society. It feels good to exercise, eat well, and live a healthy life. That's plenty.

It doesn't make sense to chase after impossible images. Jeanette is right that we have genetic dispositions that can prevent us from achieving movie star bods. It's a bit of a lottery. Our society's taste in beauty changes. Why chase after a moving goal post that may not have been designed for your game?

Some people may want a slim, petite body. But be careful of what you wish for. I know a number of slim, petite women whose genetics is such that it is really hard for them to gain weight. Some wish they were curvy and could fill out a bikini better. Some have to gain weight for health reasons, and they have a hard time doing it. Some get bullied and have unflattering, objectifying adjectives thrown at them. I'm not asking for sympathy for them. I'm pointing out that dissatisfaction with one's own body image is common, even with the body type that one idealizes.

#299486 - 07/24/21 09:15 PM Re: Designer Body [Re: Bingley]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Bingley
and we should maintain our body because it does a lot of things for us, not because we want our body to conform to some arbitrary standard imposed by society.

Jeanette is right that we have genetic dispositions that can prevent us from achieving movie star bods.

What I described is not a standard imposed by society, nor is it a movie star body. The social standard and movie star image is height.

I'm tall but want to be petite. I don't know why you believe I want to follow the herd mentality.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.