Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#299136 - 06/16/21 12:40 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
You would probably have to have the slide custom-milled and refinished. Alternatively, there are picatinny rail mounted gizmos like this (https://www.amazon.com/Mako-Universal-Picatinny-Mount-Pistols/dp/B004O6CDV0) that can provide you a place to install a red dot sight. However, it may be very difficult to find a holster that would fit a pistol with one of those. I’d also wonder how well it would hold zero.

#299137 - 06/16/21 02:19 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
before I ventured into a new slide and later actual slide milling for a red dot mounted on a pistol, I used one of these DPP Titanium Corp dovetail adapter plates for one of my Glock pistols... the adapter is 7075-T6 and very tough... an inexpensive trial to help you make your decision...

https://www.amazon.com/DPP-Titanium-Mounting-Fastfire-anodizing/dp/B07SPT21CC/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=27ZNMTKAILGYZ&dchild=1&keywords=dpp+titanium+mounting+kit+glock&qid=1623852875&sprefix=dpp+titanium%2Caps%2C192&sr=8-4-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQTlZQVRMVVZCQzZRJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjk0NTg2VEc2T1VFR1pMNFdUJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1MTA3MjdBR1RPUzdWRVFERTUmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

#299142 - 06/16/21 08:42 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: LesSnyder]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
before I ventured into a new slide and later actual slide milling for a red dot mounted on a pistol, I used one of these DPP Titanium Corp dovetail adapter plates for one of my Glock pistols... the adapter is 7075-T6 and very tough... an inexpensive trial to help you make your decision...

https://www.amazon.com/DPP-Titanium-Mounting-Fastfire-anodizing/dp/B07SPT21CC

Interesting! I was hoping some sort of dovetail plate would be available.
-Blast, who likes things that go bang
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#299157 - 06/18/21 01:06 AM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: Blast]
Tony_D Offline
Stranger

Originally Posted By: Blast
I'm trying to decide on a Holosun or a Vortex Optics RDS on my hunting pistol. Any recommendations on which brand to get?
-Blast
I think they talk about RDS in this podcast (amongst other things).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=95V40_7ZIdk&list=PLqVeYh6rUDSsOFty1YULxhVVb4V9ect1s&index=5

#299244 - 07/04/21 10:04 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
amper Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: US
I just logged in for the first time in years, I think, but this past week, I finally got around to purchasing a new EDC flashlight, a Fenix E12 v2.0, to replace the Inova X1 I bought several years ago that is terrible.

The Inova X1 replaced my venerable Leatherman Serac S3, because I got tired of spending a fortune on CR123A batteries, and the only semi-reasonable ones available near me were the Rayovacs at Walmart. Walmart stopped carrying them.

I also got a Fenix HM23 headlamp, but that’s not for EDC.

My EDC has not really changed that much, otherwise, at least in terms of actual survival tools. I still carry in my handbag:

a flashlight, the Fenix E12 v2.0, with a spare battery
a small knife, a Victorinox Rambler
a larger knife, a Gerber Harsey AirFrame fine edge
a pen, a Fisher Bullet Space Pen, gold titanium nitride
a lighter, a Bic mini Bic
a sharpener, a DiaSharp fine credit card
a pair of tweezers, Tweezerman Slant
a couple of jelly type hair elastics
a small towel, a PackTowl Personal face size
a small spray bottle of isopropanol
a small spray can of Lysol
a pocket pack of Kleenex tissues
a small ziplock bag with 16 ea. 200 mg ibuprofen, 500 mg acetaminophen, and 25 mg diphenhydramine
a roll of antacid tablets, Rolaids
and for the past 16 months, a spare face mask, from Columbia (the clothing company)

I reality, I carry a lot more stuff on a daily basis, but the rest isn’t “survival” gear, primarily. For instance, I always carry a Buck Diamondback fixed blade for food, primarily for cutting crusty baguettes and slicing apples for lunch. That knife only gets used for food. And usually, I carry a 40 oz Klean Kanteen filled with water, or a 1L Nalgene.

I also carry a full set of Snow Peak titanium flatware (SCT-001 fork, spoon, knife, plus SCT-004 spork), and a pair of Keith solid titanium travel chopsticks (the older 171 mm model, they are now 190 mm). And my iPhone, now a 2020 SE model, replacing my 2015 6S model, and its related charging accessories, along with an Anker 5Ah backup battery.

I’m not currently wearing my Breitling Seawolf Avenger, because I’ve put on a little bit of weight the last few years, and I need to have a link added back into the bracelet. When I bought it in 2002, I had to have several links taken out to fit my skinny wrists, but now it’s a bit uncomfortable even with the clasp on the widest setting, even in Winter, when my wrists are their skinniest. I have to travel a very long way to find a Breitling dealer, now, so it may be some time before I get around to it. So, in the meantime, when I need/want to wear a watch, it’s a Timex Expedition Scout with a black one-piece band.

Edited by amper (07/04/21 10:10 PM)

#299245 - 07/04/21 10:16 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: amper]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Welcome back, Amper! grin

#299271 - 07/06/21 06:54 AM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
Burncycle Offline
Addict

Keys (Resqme Escape Tool and Tweezers)
Wallet (Mini ink pen in the crease of the wallet)
Phone
Knife (Benchmade Mini Grip 555BK)
Pepper Spray (Sabre red baton)
Lighter (Bic Mini)
Flashlight (Klarus XT1A (normal) or Streamlight Microstream + 10440 (minimal)
Sidearm (P365 + Spare Magazine (Normal) or P3AT (Minimal))

Wazoo Cache Belt
-Signal mirror
-1L whirlpak bag + 4 micropur tablets
-Brass sparker + tinder quik in tiny ziplock bag
-Short microUSB cable
-Lightning and USB-C adapter tips in baby ziplock bag
-MicroSD card + USB adapter in tiny ziplock bag
-Countycomm SERE Compass in tiny ziplock bag
-1 pair nitrile gloves in tiny ziplock bag
-emergency cash

May add some fishing hooks + leaders taped under the signal mirror. I wish Wazoo would come out with the same design but with 1.75" width instead of 1.5", would be a lot easier to have some first aid stuff in there like BZK wipes.

Normally I wear Tru Spec 24/7 khakis which include cargo pockets, so I will typically carry a vacuum sealed IFAK in the right cargo pocket. If I'm wearing jeans, I'll just have some nitrile gloves, but looking into an ankle setup.

Left cargo pocket is usually free to stuff misc items in depending on what I'm doing, for instance if I'm on a call out on the water I'll usually carry a palmer furnace hypothermia shelter in there for spring / fall / winter, cliff bar, etc. If I were just hiking in the woods, would probably also slip my PSK in there. If for some reason I wasn't wearing the cargo pants outdoors I'd grab the waist pack for this.

Holosun is G2G IMO.

Edited by Burncycle (07/06/21 07:05 AM)

#299272 - 07/06/21 07:59 AM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: Phaedrus]
amper Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
Welcome back, Amper! grin

Thank you!

#299556 - 07/31/21 08:04 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
Plainsman Offline
Stranger

Loc: Grand Forks, ND, USA
My EDC:
Kimber Micro9 with two spare mags
Benchmade Contego
Victorinox OHT
Ear plugs
Tourniquet
Cell Phone
Wallet
Bic lighter wrapped with duct tape

I need to find a good, small flashlight as I rely on my cell phone light too much and it wont work if needed in a tactical situation.

#299564 - 08/01/21 02:30 PM Re: What's your current EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Generally speaking I carry two flashlights plus my phone’s capability. My primary flashlights alternate between the Surefire Stiletto Pro and Klarus E1. They each have their pros and cons — one less obvious challenge for the E1 is that while the included cell is 18650 in size, the E1 only takes Klarus’ proprietary cell, and as far as I can tell the cell doesn’t work with anything other than the E1 and E2.

On my keyring is a Prometheus Lights Beta QRv2. For a single-AAA twisty it’s freaking amazing. Great CRI, L/M/H mode order with well spaced modes and a true low mode. The EN finish version I carry is lightweight and looks brand new after years of carry. If the included NiMH rechargeable runs out it will take AAA primary cells. In my opinion it is the Platonic Ideal of a AAA keyring light.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.