Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#297779 - 12/15/20 10:52 PM Our local hospital started vaccinations today!
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Very cool! Local ER personnel began getting the Covid-19 vaccine today! They say the Moderna vaccine will be delivered next week with shipments arriving each week. Good news indeed! There has been some talk of restaurant staff getting bumped up the list, and I would like to see grocery store cashiers added to 'high priority' list since they interact with so many people in the course of a day/week/month. smile

Not sure when the general public will be able to get it. I am definitely planning to get it as soon as it's available. Since I work for as the Chef of a nonprofit, the sooner I can get it the better it will be for our operation. That really applies to everyone in the organization. With luck the general population can be mostly immunized by the end of the 1st Q 2021 or 2nd Q at the latest. But of course, we'll see how it goes.

#297780 - 12/15/20 11:34 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
My wife is in the 1st tier (hospital providers working with covid patients). She will be getting her vaccine this week or next. They are staggering groups. e.g., She has been recruited into Internal Medicine now (she is normally Ortho/Hospital). They had to recruit from other specialties because they ran out of physicians to treat all the covid patients. They are only doing 25% of any given specialty or similar-function group at the same time, since the vaccine can cause you to get sick. They don't want to wipe out an entire department/group at the same time.

I am in the 2nd tier group - so about 2, maybe 3, months out until I can get into line.

#297782 - 12/15/20 11:50 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

That makes sense, don't want everyone down at once. Hopefully she'll have a mild reaction to the vaccine.

#297789 - 12/16/20 01:03 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: haertig]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: haertig
My wife is in the 1st tier (hospital providers working with covid patients).

I am in awe of your wife. If you would, please, thank her from me.

Many of us, I'm sure, would be interested in a first-hand account of her experience with the vaccine.

#297790 - 12/16/20 01:24 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Second that...Bravo!!

#297791 - 12/16/20 10:08 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
Ren Offline
Addict

Loc: Wales, UK
Seems our (UK) Army has been busy too.

Army's 99.99pc effective disinfectant spray kills coronavirus in less than a minute
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/army-develops-spray-to-kill-coronavirus

Soon to go on sale to the general public.

#297816 - 12/20/20 06:46 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

My wife got the vaccine yesterday (almost exactly 24 hours ago). No ill effects. Nothing at all. All her coworkers who got it also report zero adverse affects. Not even pain at the injection site.

A big fat zero in the "reaction" and "side effect" arena. This is exactly as we expected, despite the news media trying their hardest to drum up a hysterical reaction from the general population.

#297817 - 12/20/20 07:06 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
We are probably watching different media platforms, but I woul describe our coverage as restrained and matter of fact. They quote the affected vaccine recipients as saying it was worth it and that they would do it again, which they have to do in order to complete the immunization.

Adverse reactions to medication are not rare. I reacted adversely to aspirin when a teenager....

#297818 - 12/20/20 08:48 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Same here. The media ooverage I've seen has been positive. There do seem to be a couple of allergic reactions but that's the case with every vaccine.

Another vaccine was approved a couple days ago! So we'll have even more doses entering the pipeline soon.

#297819 - 12/20/20 09:33 PM Re: Our local hospital started vaccinations today! [Re: Phaedrus]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Quote:
We are probably watching different media platforms, but I woul describe our coverage as restrained and matter of fact.

There was breathless coverage about the one person who fainted. Fainting is almost always psychological, rarely physical. And the two or three people who reported "tingling"? That sounds psychological too. And the reports of the one or two that had Bell's Palsy weeks/months after the vaccine? Except the incidence of Bell's Palsy for vaccine recipients was actually LOWER than the incidence of Bell's Palsy expected in the general population. And people who have such severe allergic reactions normally (they have to carry EpiPens with them) having an allergic reaction. That is surprising?

These are the news media sensationalism's that I am talking about.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 301 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.