Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#297745 - 12/11/20 03:36 AM Re: Musical Instruments and Survival Situations? [Re: dougwalkabout]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

I travel with small scissors in my carry-on all the time. Except for this year, annually over 100K miles domestic USA. Blades less than 4-inches pivot to tip is the TSA rule (3.5 is what I carry, just to be sure don't run into any stretchy rulers). Only once has any TSA agent even pulled them out to look at them.

TSA rules would also seem to cover small pliers: Tools 7 inches or shorter (measured from end to end when assembled) are allowed in carry-on baggage.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#298459 - 02/22/21 03:16 PM Re: Musical Instruments and Survival Situations? [Re: dougwalkabout]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Just curious -- has anybody been pulling out musical instruments during the snowpocalypse?

#298460 - 02/22/21 04:47 PM Re: Musical Instruments and Survival Situations? [Re: dougwalkabout]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
We did not have an actual snowcalypse in my neck of the woods. It was more like a thin coat of snow.
I still played my instruments. Itīs fun and good for the mood.
I have a few blues harps in reach on my desk. The guitar and the banjo are less than 6 feet away.

#301866 - 07/04/23 02:25 AM Re: Musical Instruments and Survival Situations? [Re: dougwalkabout]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Thread bump.

Anybody strummin', blowin', drummin' after we survived Covid etc.?

#301950 - 08/20/23 07:31 AM Re: Musical Instruments and Survival Situations? [Re: dougwalkabout]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Maybe psychological experts can understand this, but really music irritates me. Instead, I may relax better listening to "natural" sounds like seashore waves or rain ..etc.

The thing is, not so much what my taste or other people taste. I think a survival situation is a bad time for experimenting. And is a group of people are squeezed together is SHTF-like conditions, any elements introduced in the equation may add negative consequences.

A few weeks ago, I was facing multiple bad situations, in addition to some remaining symptoms of bad flu and other health issues, and trying to manage construction/rennovation projects around the house with one stubborn bulldozer-headed worker refusing to cooperate with another worker.

All in all, I guess it was showing on me that I was depressed and stressed. I went to a food store to buy sandwiches and other foods for the workers. Their chief cook always tries to be funny. So that day, he tries to cheer me up repeating his half/joking suggestion that I marry a young wife and that would change my spirit.

I know he is trying to do marketing for his business, but I hated his attempt. Just couln't wait there as he prepared my order. So I told him I am going to next store and come back

Morale of the story.
People can be in messy moods. And "the usual" may become counter-peroductive.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.