Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#297406 - 11/01/20 01:28 AM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: chisel
Trust me, you don't want to have a narcissist in your inner circle any time in your life, and if it is a survival situation, it is much much worse.

The Magnet family is going through this right now and while there’s no survival situation it continues to be colossally not fun.

Outside of blood relations I’ve spent the last ten years going on what I call a toxic a*****e purge diet, and there isn’t a person I’ve stopped talking to that I miss. The blood relations are a different story.

#297407 - 11/01/20 05:26 AM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: chaosmagnet]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Blood-related narcissists are a nightmare.
Surviving them is a skill that all of us should learn.
Yep. If you have a narcissist in your life, every minute is SHTF.

#297408 - 11/01/20 05:34 AM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: chaosmagnet]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
and while there’s no survival situation it continues to be colossally not fun

Just imagine being in a survival situation, with a blindly self-centered narcissist who doesn't care about the group, and cannot comprehend the dangers and problems around that need everyone's cooperation, dedication, and ahem... selflessness. I don't want to even imagine how it will be like.

#297412 - 11/01/20 03:48 PM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: TeacherRO]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
I must be lucky - I don't know any narcissists, not that I can readily identify anyway. I can't think of a single family member or friend that I would not want to have with me in a survival situation. I have one or two that might need a little extra training because they're a bit on the "less knowledgeable" side regarding some things, but they're not that way because of narcissism or other negative personality traits. I don't mind training someone how to sharpen a knife if they've never done it before. Or how to safely handle a firearm. Some may have never started a fire without the help of charcoal lighter fluid or a tank of propane. But those experience deficiencies could be easily remedied, and they would be valuable members of the team.

#297414 - 11/02/20 11:41 AM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: haertig]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Indeed you are lucky. A narcissist is not a person who only lacks the knowledge of starting a fire, but a person who wants EVERYTHING to be done their way. They do not take NO for an answer. They will not allow you to focus on survival, because they want everyone to focus on them.

Their existence in a group, IMO, is worse that SHTF.

#297415 - 11/02/20 11:45 AM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: TeacherRO]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Sorry guys
I may have derailed the thread. Apologies.

I just feel this subject hasn't been covered enough in many forums; from prepper forums to family forums. Narcissists have destroyed families and relations, yet the subject seems to be invisible to alot of people.

#297426 - 11/03/20 07:25 PM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: TeacherRO]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
Difficult to believe it could happen I know, but imagine if a narcissist became president.
Qjs

#297430 - 11/03/20 08:26 PM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: quick_joey_small]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
Difficult to believe it could happen I know, but imagine if a narcissist became president.

That would be bad if it were to ever happen.

Jeanette Isabelle

#297433 - 11/03/20 09:55 PM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Even weirder, imagine if a narcissist wasn't president! There's an old saying that anyone crazy enough to want to be president isn't fit for the job. grin

#297448 - 11/04/20 11:48 AM Re: Who do you follow online? (youtube, etc.) [Re: Phaedrus]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
There was one American president who didn't seek the job, or want it and reacted when he was told the state governors had unanimously chosen him to be president, as he would a death sentence (there was a good chance it was one):
Jeff Davis.

Wikipedia on Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
'People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are characterized by the personality traits of persistent grandiosity, an excessive need for admiration, and a personal disdain and lack of empathy for other people.[7][8] As such, the person with NPD usually displays arrogance and a distorted sense of personal superiority, and seeks to establish abusive power and control over others.... people with NPD typically value themselves over others, to the extent of openly disregarding the wishes and feelings of anyone else, and expect to be treated as superior, regardless of their actual status or achievements.[7][10] Socially, the person with narcissistic personality disorder usually exhibits a fragile ego (self-concept), intolerance of criticism, and a tendency to belittle other people, in order to validate their own superiority.'

We can all be thankful no one like that has ever been president.
qjs

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (NAro), 170 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
Yesterday at 06:35 PM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/13/24 10:09 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by brandtb
04/03/24 08:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.