Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#29652 - 07/31/04 03:28 AM Tryin to Change my Password!
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
I've gone to FAQ, My Home, and Main Configuration. The Password Box, as well as it's Verification Box, -was Filled up with Dots, -19 or 20 of them to each box, I think.

A Password must be between 4 and 20 Characters.

The New Password I'm Trying for, -is of 12 Letters. Certainly between such 4 and 20.

Yet after hitting Submit, Logging Off, -Trying to Re-Log On with my New Password, -I get a Message saying that my Password must be between those 4 and 20 Characters! Well it of course Already Is! What Gives here!

For the Time Being of course, -I've Gone Back to my Great and Special Password I've been using All Along!

For Security and Personal Reasons, -I'm now Looking for Another!

How do I Get Around this Quandary I've now Run Into?! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

#29653 - 08/08/04 01:01 AM Re: Tryin to Change my Password!
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

I'm Serious Folks! My Box is Full of Dots to start with! I am Trying to get a New 12 Letter Password, -to Replace my Current 6 Letter One. And All I Get for a Message is the Required Number of Characters Range!

It's since Occurred to me, -that 6 Plus 12 is 18, -Two or Three More than the Max Number of Characters. Maybe my Attempt at a 12 Placed one, -is Being Added to my Present 6 Character One!?

But What might Possibly Be Up here?! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

#29654 - 08/08/04 05:31 AM Re: Tryin to Change my Password!
leemann Offline
Soylent Green
Addict

Loc: At the soylent green plant.
Ask Chris or Doug mabee they can help.

Lee
http://datacore.sciflicks.com/soylent_green/sounds/soylent_green_people.wav
RIP OBG

#29655 - 08/09/04 05:31 AM Re: Tryin to Change my Password!
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Thanks. I do think that sooner or later, -they will Readily See it. [color:"black"] [/color] [email]leemann[/email]

#29656 - 08/09/04 06:34 PM Re: Tryin to Change my Password!
aardwolfe Offline
Old Hand

Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland
I just changed mine - twice - without any problems.

Are you deleting the old password before trying to enter the new one? You can't just add letters on to the existing password.

I just tried this - if you don't delete the old password, and just type a new password in front of it, then you get the error message you describe, even if the combined length of the two passwords is between 4 and 20 characters. For example, if your old password is "drunk" and your new password is "sober", and you don't delete the old password, you would think your new password would be "soberdrunk" which is between 4 and 20 characters, but it gives you the error message anyway.)

#29657 - 08/10/04 12:10 AM Re: Tryin to Change my Password!
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Thanks Aardwolfe, -I have the Feeling that is probably it! I'll just have to now come across the Delete Option that i earlier Missed! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]aardwolfe[/email]

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
Yesterday at 06:35 PM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/13/24 10:09 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by brandtb
04/03/24 08:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.