The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#296628 - 07/18/20 02:52 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: hikermor]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

It is too early to be sure of anything.
Only rumors and "people saying" at this stage.

But it is scary howsoever way it turns out.

#296629 - 07/18/20 02:57 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I wonder if the year 2020 has tested us enough !!!

In February and March I saw a few jokes and black humour about 2020
One of them said :

FOR SALE.
Almost new, only two months old
And has a unique number.

That was before Corona decided to get serious

#296630 - 07/18/20 03:00 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Chisel
I wonder if the year 2020 has tested us enough !!!

Mom and I are prepping for September.

Jeanette Isabelle

#296632 - 07/18/20 03:03 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Chisel
In February and March I saw a few jokes and black humour about 2020
One of them said :

FOR SALE.
Almost new, only two months old
And has a unique number.

That was before Corona decided to get serious

#297601 - 11/17/20 09:19 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I was going through some natural views here and there; mountains, valleys, deserts ..etc. And I saw a rock divided into two. I mean really divided , like it has been done with a ruler and a saw.

Looks like some really old people were trying to cut the rock for some reason. Cannot be natural.

https://www.facebook.com/1806428873014320/posts/2281209465536256/

#297602 - 11/17/20 09:22 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

#297603 - 11/17/20 09:23 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

It is fascinating indeed.

#297604 - 11/17/20 09:28 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

LOL, Jeanette_Isabelle

It was only January then. Now we know what 2020 was hiding for us.
Let's hope 2021 is , well, a less challenging year.

#298586 - 03/09/21 10:55 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Today's post is about young guys, and not-so-young guys.

In our youth, we take things for granted and may abuse our selves with junk food, unhealthy life style, modern comforts, and the clock keeps ticking. Until one day we realize we have a health issue, then another, then another. And we are trapped.

During my career years I was occupied with with running family life , just like any husband/father. While I was no fan of junk food restaurants, I was big consumer of instant tea and instant coffee, in addition to working in a hectic manner that dictated I ate more processed and packaged snacks and much less natural foods. The years crawled, and my weight built up slowly but steadily. But in those years, I only cared about paying the house loan before retiring, plus other similar issues.

Then one day, I was diagnosed with diabetes. Fast forward, I had cholesterol. My medicine drawer became more crowded. Later, I got a few joint problems followed by osteoarthritis in the knee. Last but not least. Prostate.

Searching You tube channels, I stumbled over a few that gave great info for a layman like me. Dr. Berg, among a few others explained that current medical practice often focuses on resolving issues without digging deep enough for the causes and eliminating them. He said , for example, that cholesterol is a natural chemical in the body and lowering it with Astatene medication will cause Testosterone hormone to be lowered also, which in turn will exaggerate prostate problem or contribute to it. Then again, instead of finding the root causes of prostate enlargement, we just take medications and spend the rest of our lives dependent on them. You just skip a pill or two and the urinary tract is closed again.

Dr. Berg suggested to take more zinc and magnesium in the form of pumpkin seeds. That will help boost testosterone and mitigate the prostate gland enlargement.

He also said that the central cause of all these problems (cholestrol and prostate) are actually insulin resistance which should be addressed by keto diet (or low carb) and intermittent fasting.

OK. I was desperate enough to take his advice, among other doctors. So since mid December, I stopped taking anything that tasted sweet, including fruit. I bought a heap of pumkin seeds (which I love by the way) and start eating daily. I stopped the Astatene medication ( will definitely have cholestrerol tests later, but now I am focused on the prostate). Can't spend the rest of my life so dependent on medication even to pee normally

A few weeks down the road, (good/bad) luck struck to test what I was doing. One of my prostate medications was not available, so I was taking one only. This was great for testing if I was still dependent on pills for the frequent bathroom visits. Well, turned out they were not that bad. Not completely normal, but not restricted like before. It was encouraging. "luck" struck again. This month both medications came a few days late. And I managed being without medications for 2 days. Seems to be working.

I will continue this treatment, along with zinc and magnesium supplements , and next move will be to fight my weight and lose as much of it as I can. Losing weight will surely tip the scale against diabetes and cholesterol. I have already moved from diabetic to pre-diabetic

THIS POST IS NOT FOR GIVING MEDICAL ADVICE.

The purpose of this post is an advice for younger folks to be careful about their lifestyles. You will not remain young. And the better you treat your body in your younger years, your body will remain healthier in your senior years.

Do not wait until it is too late , or very late.
Believe me, I felt trapped. For example, to lose weight, I had to walk and exercise. But osteoarthritis made walking painful. Also, many workouts (like squats) are not knee-friendly.

So, do not wait until health issues surround you from all directions. Eat healthy food; as much unprocessed, natural food as you can. If you are fit, stay fit. If you are overweight, do not wait until you are both overweight AND OLD. The more health issues you allow, the more bitter the battle will be.

Stay safe, stay healthy
Make your senior years as healthy as your younger ones.

#299818 - 08/26/21 09:55 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

When prepping is not a good idea

As per prepping protocols , we should have extra food, extra batteries ..etc. However, sometimes we may find out it was not a good idea to store these extras.

A few years back, I almost lived in my home office (man cave) in the first floor of our house. Health issues like knee problems forced me to stay down in the ground floor and utilize a corner as my office. That kept me away from my smaller workshop (in the office), medium workshop (another room upstairs) , main workshop (second floor) and all the prepping stuff scattered in them : from batteries , office supplies, stoves, tools, and anything in between.

Last week, my son had something broken in his car, and I suggested he go up and take some epoxy glue to fix it. He brought it but the glue was spoiled. Summer heat has turned the deserted office room into an oven. I went up there the next morning to collect (recue?) a few things like batteries, pens, glue ..etc. I just couldn't stay there for long enough. At 5 am, the temp was 50 C (120 F).

The result : pens' ink dried. Glue oozed out of tube and turned into a hardened mass (mess). Batteries oozed out and were useless.

This was not the first time. And I decided not to give in to 'good deals', rather I should buy items as need dictates.

Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.