Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#295748 - 04/14/20 11:56 PM Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod?
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
For fun, I was thinking of having characters, real or fictional, answer the age-old question, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" Pick any character and answer in his or her particular style.

Yukino Houjou from Gate Keepers and Gatekeepers 21:

Until now, I have told of it tens and hundreds of times
but every chicken disappears.
As like I am watching cherry blossoms bloom and fall
I wonder why chickens cross the road only to die.
Every chicken disappears. . . .
They can go nowhere.

Jeanette Isabelle

#295749 - 04/15/20 12:16 AM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Klingon: Because it did not have the courage to face us in honorable battle!

Romulan: Clearly, the chicken is up to something.

Ferengi: Because someone forgot to put up fencing to direct it to the toll crossing, which I will be happy to erect in exchange for a 50% share of the tolls collected from it.

Lantean: The sole purpose of a chicken is to one day cross the road.

Jeanette Isabelle

#295750 - 04/15/20 12:32 AM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Malcolm X: The chicken did not cross the road. The road crossed the chicken.

MLK: I have a dream that one day every chicken can cross the road.

Jeanette Isabelle

#295751 - 04/15/20 12:38 AM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Morpheus: Chicken, here you must decide which road to cross: The Left Road or the Right Road? Cross the Left Road and the story ends, you wake up in your nest in the coop and believe whatever you want to believe. Cross the Right Road, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Dr. Brown: Where the chicken is going, there are no roads.

Gadget, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers: Well, there are a variety of options. Presumably, it either wished to reach a goal on the opposite side of the road, such as a large quantity of corn, or maybe someone it had to talk to, or evade something on the side it started on, which is actually a lot more likely because few goals are worth the danger of crossing a road, unless its the middle of the night or something and there are no cars around, something like a large and aggressive cat or dog, or maybe a fox, I mean, the common response of a chicken threatened in such a manner would be to flee, although a road also presents a certain amount of danger to a chicken so it would either have to be pretty overwhelming danger or a chicken who wasn't chicken, I mean, he'd still be a chicken, but, he wouldn't be as chicken, while still, of course, remaining a chicken.

Jeanette Isabelle

#295752 - 04/15/20 12:43 AM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Myth Busters

Adam: Today, we have an excellent myth to bust!
Jamie: And what would that be?
Adam: Why did the chicken cross the road!
Jamie: I think that is more of a rhetorical question than an actual myth.
Adam: First, we get 100 chickens, and then we find a road for them to cross. Hmmm. I-80 sounds like a good road to bust this myth on.
Jamie: Uhm.
Adam: Yes, and we can get Torry, Carrie, and Grant and help out on this one!
Jamie: That's it. I'm out of here. I'm not going to be responsible for the slaughter of 100 live chickens.

Jamie walks out, eating a chicken breast sandwich he had with him.

Jeanette Isabelle

#295753 - 04/15/20 02:23 AM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Hanscom Offline
Journeyman

I was told that the reason the chicken crossed the road was because it couldn't go around it.

Edited by Hanscom (04/15/20 02:24 AM)

#295763 - 04/17/20 01:54 PM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
CJK Offline
Addict

Loc: FL, USA
I look forward to the day when a chickens motives are no longer questioned.....

#295765 - 04/17/20 04:48 PM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: CJK]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: CJK
I look forward to the day when a chickens motives are no longer questioned.....

Who said that?

Jeanette Isabelle

#295771 - 04/17/20 07:12 PM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
He didn't cross the road, because he chickened out.

#295774 - 04/18/20 12:09 AM Re: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Raod? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
CJK Offline
Addict

Loc: FL, USA
Seen on a sign in a Fried Chicken place locally to me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.