Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 20 of 20 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20
Topic Options
#301568 - 04/07/23 12:19 AM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
A very thorough kit!

#302474 - 08/12/24 05:49 PM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
While I take pride in our efforts to address the potential lack of medical facilities, the first aid kit I, you, the members of this forum, and others put together pales compared to the comprehensive FIRST AID KIT STOMP PLUS GRAB N GO™ or FIRST AID KIT FAMILY SIZE GRAB N GO™ designed by Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy. In hindsight, I regret not choosing either of their kits.

Modifying our customized kit was proposed to include the following items from their smaller GRAB N GO kits, like the FIRST AID KIT CAR GRAB N GO™ or FIRST AID KIT MEDIUM GRAB N GO™ while ensuring that our kit's focus on bleeding, chest, and airway is not compromised.

(1) Hand sanitizer, 2 oz.
(1) Insect Repellent
(2) Honey Packets
(5) Extra Large Bandaids 2" x 4"
(1) Super Glue
(1) Glow Stick
(1) Sam Splint, finger size
(2) Eye Pads
(1) Sterile Suture Instrument Pack
(1) Silk suture, 2-0 or 3-0
(1) Cold Pack
(1) ABD dressing, large size
(1) Kerlix 6" roller gauze dressing
(1) Gold Bond
(5) Tongue Depressors

Since the custom kit is tightly packed, we may need to leave out certain items. For instance, the safety glasses, glucose (the honey packets replace them anyhow), blood pressure kit and stethoscope, headlamp, and knife are being considered for removal due to space constraints.

Before finalizing the modifications, we must piece everything together to be sure. However, the glucose, blood pressure kit, and stethoscope may be the only things to remove. All the new items, except the cold pack and gold bond, can be included in the final version of the kit.

Should we leave the blood pressure kit and stethoscope in and take something else instead?

#302475 - 08/12/24 09:57 PM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Upon revisiting the entire conversation, I'm struck by the significance of the blood pressure kit and stethoscope. These items play a crucial role. Moving forward, our challenge will be incorporating new items into the existing setup without removing any old essentials.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302476 - 08/13/24 02:19 AM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Sounds like a good plan.

#302477 - 08/13/24 02:02 PM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

We created more space in the personal protection pocket by removing the CPR kit, which is in a separate bag, and attaching it by its clip to the exterior of the medical bag.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302478 - 08/13/24 04:31 PM Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Some of you mentioned that I need plenty of 4" x 4" gauze pads for bleeding scenarios. Has anyone used compressed gauze instead in the same situation? How did it work out? Were there any situations where you didn't have compressed gauze but wished you did?

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 20 of 20 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 253 Guests and 49 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
Today at 02:57 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 12:29 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
08/24/24 11:08 PM
Alaskan attacked by a bear and shot
by Phaedrus
08/23/24 07:43 AM
Woman Lost 4 Days in Colorado Mountains Is Rescued
by dougwalkabout
08/22/24 10:13 PM
Customizing Your Medical Kit
by Jeanette_Isabelle
08/13/24 04:31 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.