The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#294962 - 03/01/20 02:20 PM How the Magnet family is prepping for Coronavirus
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Our youngest, perhaps best called dramamagnet, asked what we’re doing to get ready for COVID-19.

We have a range of possible responses, but mostly what we’ve done is lay in a modest supply of extra OTC meds, herbal teas, and fixings for electrolyte replacement, I responded. We may get to the point where I work from home for a few weeks and keep you and the other little Magnets out of school, but we’re not there yet and it doesn’t seem likely based on what we know now. Please maintain appropriate social distancing and wash your hands frequently.

Our biggest potential issue would be if we had extended utilities outages, but I explained that I’m not doing anything unusual about that (we do own a good generator with a small amount of fuel on hand). Young dramamagnet doesn’t have the context so I didn’t say that this is our approximate equivalent of wildman800’s HURCON 5.

#294969 - 03/01/20 05:39 PM Re: How the Magnet family is prepping for Coronavirus [Re: chaosmagnet]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Lest we think it’s going to pass us by, my gut says that a local quarantine is virtually inevitable. Cases have shown up across the west coast. Yes, they are being downplayed, but reports I’m reading of the CDC refusing testing until days after admission tell me they are either short test kits or their protocols need a serious review. Authorities in the medical community responsible for major events (hello, CDC) reacted late and seemed to be just going through the motions but weren’t really serious.
UC Davis treated coronavirus patient for week; workers sent home — The Sacramento Bee

Quote:
...The patient, whom the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed has tested positive the COVID-19 strain, was moved to the Sacramento teaching hospital on Feb. 19...“We requested COVID-19 testing by the CDC, since neither Sacramento County nor CDPH is doing testing for coronavirus at this time,” the memo says. “Since the patient did not fit the existing CDC criteria for COVID-19, a test was not immediately administered. UC Davis Health does not control the testing process.”

On Sunday, the CDC ordered a coronavirus test on the patient, and UC Davis Health officials discovered Wednesday that the patient tested positive for the deadly respiratory illness ...

So the patient is transferred to the hospital on Wednesday, isn’t tested until Sunday and the results weren’t back ‘til the following Wednesday, a week after being admitted — why am I filled with confidence... It’s past time to get serious.

Stock up on food that you regularly eat. Don’t buy MRE’s or survival rations in general unless you really like them. They cost more and are no better than canned goods. I had some canned ravioli the other day that was 5 years past it’s use by date, it tasted fine and I’m sure its nutritional value was as negligible as it was when “fresh”. A calorie is a calorie...

#294973 - 03/01/20 09:52 PM Re: How the Magnet family is prepping for Coronavirus [Re: chaosmagnet]
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Russ, let’s say you’re correct and a local quarantine happens. What do you think that will look like?

#294974 - 03/02/20 12:48 AM Re: How the Magnet family is prepping for Coronavirus [Re: chaosmagnet]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
I have no idea. Chaos — not you, real chaos. It would be a mess. I really hope we don’t see local quarantines. How do you enforce a quarantine on folks who need to shop for food? Self-isolation is more likely but even that is virtually unenforceable.

Since the post above I’ve read another piece of speculation that seems to ring true (to me). As I understand, Wuhan, China was one of the first places to get 5G. One frequency component of 5G is at 60GHz which is a frequency at which oxygen resonates. There are a few charts from the FCC (1997) at: FCC ... Millimeter Wave Propagation: Spectrum Management Implications (July 1997) which show the atmospheric absorption of energy in the millimeter wave spectrum. The chart on pg 6 of the document (pg 8 of the .pdf) clearly shows the absorption spike at 60 GHz.

People have known about 60 GHz O2 absorption for many years (it’s just physics) but I’ve only seen it presented from the perspective of what the oxygen does to the signal level. I’ve never seen research/tests regarding what happens to the oxygen molecule — Cause and Effect, Action and Reaction.

Apparently, the oxygen molecule’s encounter with a 60GHz signal changes the electron energy and puts the oxygen into a state in which it won’t bind with hemoglobin.
Wuhan. 5G and face masks causing suffocation.
Quote:
... At 60 GHz, 98% of the transmitted 5G energy will be absorbed by atmospheric oxygen which then alters the orbital properties of the electrons of the oxygen molecules. ‘”60GHz is the frequency of oxygen molecule absorption. Oxygen molecules have electrons that they share with each other, oxygen is a diatomic molecule. What we breathe are two oxygen molecules bonded together with the electrons that they share.” When the oxygen molecule is hit with 60GHz 5G waves, these waves affect the orbital resonance properties of those shared electrons. It is those shared electrons that bind to the hemoglobin in our blood.’ When the oxygen is disrupted, it will no longer bind to the hemoglobin and myoglobin (oxygen carrying molecules) and therefore will not be able to carry oxygen to the cell’s powerhouse ‘mitochondria’. Without oxygen, the liver becomes congested and the body, and brain, begins to break down due to slow suffocation. ...

Part of that is physics and part is theory; I wonder how long it takes for an oxygen molecule to return to a normal state. Why do some people die and others don’t even realize they’re sick? Ever get the feeling you’re a lab rat and the world is just one big beta test? ...

#294977 - 03/02/20 04:30 PM Re: How the Magnet family is prepping for Coronavirus [Re: chaosmagnet]
LCranston Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Nebraska
Or... there are a large number of old, old heavy smokers in China.

Regarding Wuhan link :
This is From a comment on a FRICK-FRACKING YOUTUBE VIDEO.....

This is not science, this is a troll, don't ever get science from youtube- 7/5ths of the people on youtbue can't do fractions, sigh....

Based on the yet limited evidence, old people, smokers, and people with other health conditions are most at risk, which fits well with the respiratory symptoms.

https://apistraining.com/news/5g-dangers-is-5g-dangerous/

redacted

Edited by chaosmagnet (03/02/20 04:49 PM)
Edit Reason: removal of non-family-friendly content

#295138 - 03/12/20 03:15 PM Re: How the Magnet family is prepping for Coronavirus [Re: chaosmagnet]
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
Young dramamagnet doesn’t have the context so I didn’t say that this is our approximate equivalent of wildman800’s HURCON 5.

I’ve been working through our HURCON 4 equivalent checklist. It appears very likely that one or more of the schools the younger Magnets attend are about to go full remote-learning, and I’m starting to think that our Sheriff is going to declare a state of emergency soon.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.