The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#294820 - 02/12/20 01:01 AM Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
As stated before, I believe in a combination of gear and skills. Given that, I search through a lot of junk on the Internet to find the right equipment. Today I found what appears to be a well-thought-out kit introduced in 2011.

https://www.hikaruimamura.com/HEAT-RESCUE-DISASTER-RECOVERY

I'm searching for details; it would seem this kit is not available, at least not here in the U.S.

Jeanette Isabelle

#294821 - 02/12/20 03:49 AM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Probably not available in the U.S. because there are numerous more practical and convenient choices. I am surprised to learn that a 55 gal drum is"easy to carry."

#294822 - 02/12/20 04:04 AM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
EMPnotImplyNuclear Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
As stated before, I believe in a combination of gear and skills. Given that, I search through a lot of junk on the Internet to find the right equipment. Today I found what appears to be a well-thought-out kit introduced in 2011.

https://www.hikaruimamura.com/HEAT-RESCUE-DISASTER-RECOVERY

I'm searching for details; it would seem this kit is not available, at least not here in the U.S.

Jeanette Isabelle

Hi,
its an idea, a prototype, a student design contest entry, not a product for sale anywhere
its well thought out?

#294823 - 02/12/20 10:51 AM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Not a bad product to have for a longer period of not having electric power if living in a house. Just roll it outside when using.
Not very difficult to make your own out of a barrel. Just need to find a big cooking pot.

Edited by Herman30 (02/12/20 10:52 AM)

#294825 - 02/12/20 12:52 PM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: hikermor
Probably not available in the U.S. because there are numerous more practical and convenient choices.

I use a variety of methods and search parameters to find better pre-made kits. Even kits that include real food (freeze-dried or MRE) are lacking in the quality department.

If you know of a more practical kit, send me a link.

Jeanette Isabelle

#294826 - 02/12/20 01:01 PM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: EMPnotImplyNuclear]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: EMPnotImplyNuclear
its well thought out?

Without knowing the specs, it looks to be. The pot fits perfectly in the container/stove. The rest of the space is for tubs, stove parts, towels, bottles of water, and rice.

Jeanette Isabelle

#294827 - 02/12/20 02:48 PM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal

watching the video, it seems that the fire chamber is restricted, without adequate air flow, which is something necessary for good, hot combustion and subsequent heating.

It's efficient packaging and storage, all right, but I fear it will do poorly in actual use.

Interestingly enough, our hot water heater is on the blink and service is likely about twenty-four hours away. Oh dear, what shall we do?!! We can still use the microwave, but beyond that, I would crank up the camping and outdoor gear - the two burner camp stove or various canister rigs. For showers, I would go for solar shower bags, which I have used extensively and satisfactorily in the past.

These would be my preference before resorting to heating water over wood fire = it will get the job done, eventually,

#294828 - 02/12/20 03:02 PM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Ren Offline
Addict

Loc: Wales, UK
See it's dated December 2011.

March 2011 is when Japan had it's largest earthquake, a 9.1.

The Japanese seem to take disasters more seriously since then. Wasn't there a link on here to the kit breakdown every household is expected to have. Which included things like safety helmets etc.

And they have a facility to train people on what to do in a quake/typhoon/fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ASXCKN1ow

#294829 - 02/12/20 05:51 PM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: Ren]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Ren
Wasn't there a link on here to the kit breakdown every household is expected to have. Which included things like safety helmets etc.

I do recall a thread of that nature. I don't know where it is or its title.

Originally Posted By: Ren
And they have a facility to train people on what to do in a quake/typhoon/fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ASXCKN1ow

This is an interesting video. Thanks.

Jeanette Isabelle

#294861 - 02/19/20 03:32 AM Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
EMPnotImplyNuclear Offline
Enthusiast

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.