The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#293998 - 10/31/19 06:14 PM Plane Crashes Less Than Ten Miles from Home
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
https://www.wesh.com/article/2-dead-plane-crash-in-ocala/29654161#

I'm just now learning about it and will report more when I learn more. Before the plane crashed, it struck an SUV.

State highway 200 (College Rd.) is a heavy traffic road. For that reason, Mom and I are surprised that other cars were not affected.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293999 - 10/31/19 06:35 PM Re: Plane Crashes Less Than Ten Miles from Home [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

From what I can piece together, the plane crashed in an open area southwest of the AT&T store, on the northwest side of College R. (200).

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.1418503,-82.1942035,320m/data=!3m1!1e3

Jeanette Isabelle

#294000 - 10/31/19 06:43 PM Re: Plane Crashes Less Than Ten Miles from Home [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I don't know why the SUV driver was airlifted to the nearest hospital. West Marion Community Hospital is less than two blocks away.

Jeanette Isabelle

#294001 - 10/31/19 07:27 PM Re: Plane Crashes Less Than Ten Miles from Home [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

There was another vehicle damaged in the crash. This video is shot in the AT&T Store parking lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIOBiMUnygg

Jeanette Isabelle

#294008 - 11/01/19 12:32 AM Re: Plane Crashes Less Than Ten Miles from Home [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Is the hospital near the crash site a Trauma Center? If not, or if it was not the right level of Trauma Center, that would explain why the injured was airlifted to a different hospital.

#294011 - 11/01/19 01:17 AM Re: Plane Crashes Less Than Ten Miles from Home [Re: chaosmagnet]
Carpal Tunnel

I visited their website. What little information it does give is not relevant to your question.

Jeanette Isabelle

#294015 - 11/01/19 06:50 AM Re: Plane Crashes Less Than Ten Miles from Home [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
I don't know why the SUV driver was airlifted to the nearest hospital. West Marion Community Hospital is less than two blocks away.

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
There was another vehicle damaged in the crash.

There are several possible explanations. As Chaosmagnet mentioned, all hospitals are not created equal. The hospital two blocks away may not be a designated "Trauma Center". In addition, Trauma Centers are designated at various Levels. See Trauma Center Levels Explained. Level I are the highest level of care, for the most severely injured patients.

Also it could be that the nearby hospital's ER was already at capacity. Smaller hospitals often only have one or two ER physicians on duty. If they were already seeing patients, EMS might divert to another hospital where the ER was not as busy.

EMS Dispatch normally makes these decisions. In most places, they do a good job of getting patients to the right facilities, balancing level of care required, transport time, and available capacity of facilities.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.