Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#293694 - 10/04/19 09:04 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Economics discussion is permitted in Around The Campfire. Please consider that a formal ruling.

I'm now going to go through this thread with the fire and the sword to remove personal attacks. If I have to do it one more time after this post, I will lock the thread.

chaosmagnet

#293702 - 10/05/19 12:32 AM Re: I See Something [Re: haertig]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: haertig
Second, a warning without any hint at what the warning is about is not a very useful warning.

You're right. The problem exists on multiple fronts. Some of it is beyond my paygrade and, admittedly, may sound like tin foil hat conspiracy theories. I'm posting this one, not only because it is something I do comprehend; it also can be confirmed by recognized news sources.

The New York Federal Reserve is printing $75 Billion a day and is releasing it into the banking system because of the interest rates between banks have skyrocketed to 10%. The question is, why? What is happening in the banking system for them to have this cash flow problem? Banks are in trouble. The question is, which ones? If they know which banks are in trouble, people would be withdrawing their money out of those banks, money which these banks do not have. Banks can shut down. When banks shut down, what happens to your money?

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news...19-9-1028541586

What I linked is just one source. Other articles can confirm this. I can post them if need be.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293714 - 10/05/19 10:23 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

A member of the forum, in a private message, sent me a link to this article on an inflationary depression.

Though it has nothing to do with the feds printing $75 Billion a day, it fits the bigger picture.

https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/an-inflationary-depression

Jeanette Isabelle

#293716 - 10/05/19 10:44 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Sounds like basic economic bafflegab; maybe it's on the money (so to speak) and maybe its just more hot air adding to global warming.

Stay tuned....

As always, basic preps are a good idea, jor this possibility and well as many other potential earth shaking events (you can tell I have a SoCal perspective)

#293718 - 10/05/19 10:54 PM Re: I See Something [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: hikermor
Sounds like basic economic bafflegab; maybe it's on the money (so to speak) and maybe its just more hot air adding to global warming.

A few things were unclear to me; the meat of the article was very understandable.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293721 - 10/06/19 02:35 AM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Thanks Jeanette. The article, An inflationary depression really is too much to take in all at once. I had to break it down into bite-size pieces and still don’t fully understand how it all unfolds. Like I said in an earlier post, imo it’s all an experiment.

You could probably teach a post-grad economics course based on this article. Lots of info, theory and statements that could be discussed and dissected at length. Regardless, the last three paragraphs wrap it up quite well:
Quote:
Sentiment in banking circles will turn on a dime, when bankers stop believing their mollifying in-house economists and pay attention to what their banking antennae tell them. They will rapidly discover that the crisis in international trade is undermining the creditworthiness of domestic non-financial businesses. They will also do everything they can to reduce counterparty risk with foreign banks deemed to be at risk of bankruptcy in their own markets.

As night follows day, another banking crisis will rapidly escalate, this time likely to be on a greater scale than ten years ago. And the evidence from failures in the dollar repo market in recent weeks points to the banking system beginning to unravel now.

Between the wars, the world suffered a deflationary depression. This time, we appear to be travelling towards an inflationary depression.

#293724 - 10/06/19 01:43 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

If printing $75 Billion a day until October 10 was not bad enough, the New York Federal Reserve extended it to November 4.

https://news.yahoo.com/ny-fed-extend-ope...&soc_trk=fb

As part of my last-minute preps, I'm updating all of my medical and first aid kits.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293738 - 10/07/19 08:14 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
drahthaar Offline

Removed.

Edited by chaosmagnet (10/08/19 01:08 AM)

#293755 - 10/08/19 05:36 AM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Removed.

Edited by chaosmagnet (10/08/19 11:08 AM)

#293764 - 10/09/19 10:27 AM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

If we go back with our thoughts to 1999 and remember the worry about Y2K, it may help us to balance our thoughts and emotions.

In every culture there are 'signs' or 'prophecies' ..etc. and older people have seen some come and go without much materializing. So, I would say : we should keep prepping as we normally do. Not a bad idea to step up the pace if it makes us less stressed. But really, there is just not that much more any of us can do about a real-life big-bang type of SHTF.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 460 Guests and 72 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.