Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#293651 - 10/03/19 08:17 PM What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry)
teacher Offline
Old Hand

For me its:
- contacts in case
- food bars
- water in car or bag
- phone chargers ( car/wall)

#293652 - 10/03/19 08:54 PM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
pforeman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Iowa
While not totally 'unique' here is my current EDC:
I have a Fenix EO5 on my key ring (https://www.fenixlighting.com/product/e05-fenix-flashlight/)Along with the normal (for me) set of keys & a P-38; a fold-up set of Foster Grant 1.0 power glasses... just in case. I had cataract surgery in the Spring and don't need glasses any more for most things but sometimes the fine print is fuzzy and this helps.

It seems uncommon today but from being a kid of single digits to today in my mid sixties I always had/have a pocket knife - usually the three blade 'stock man' type of folder - a Buck version right now. I also currently have a Gerber combat folder for bigger boxes that need opening - This is the right pocket.

There is bullet 'space pen' with change and a scout type match case along with the primary flashlight - a surefire fury dual fuel type which is single-output 1500/1800 lumen light in the left pocket. I've also got the small FAK with cpr mask and gloves too and the money clip with cash.

In the back pocket is the wallet with ID, bank cards, additional 'extra' cash and reference cards. A couple of old fashioned hankies ride in the other back pocked. In a belt case is the phone and another reference card and ID holder. I wear a watch which is an old fashioned self-winder but it keeps great time - no calendar, extra dials etc. just the time.

Since I retired I added a clip on Leatherman Rev which has come in handy a few times already. Add in a roll of life savers now and then and that's me most every day. Oh yeah - the car key fob goes in the jeans watch pocket with a couple of poopie bags so I've got the little dog covered too!

Paul -

PS - it's a whole additional layer when I add my coat or jacket as the weather gets colder and don't even get me started on the stuff in the car...

Edited by pforeman (10/03/19 08:55 PM)
Edit Reason: P.S. info

#293656 - 10/03/19 09:40 PM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
EDC is:

pen and small notebook in shirt pocket;
phone and wallet (usual contents) in pants cargo pocket;
Skeletool CX in pants pocket;
key ring - house and car keys; H10 flashlight, small multotool, Gerber LST knife, small prybar, capsule w/cash;
red bandanna

If out in the woods, my backpack has ten essentials as well as adequate water (somewhere between 2 and 4 liters usually) FAK,msnacks (at least), light jacket w/hood, appropriate headgear (baseball cap to climbing helmet, varies) other items as task appropriate

#293657 - 10/03/19 10:07 PM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I have considered ditching my Spyderco in favor of the Skeletool CX but it's just a smidge heavier than I want for EDC. I suppose what I EDC is a bit unusual for the public at large (eg. sidearm, spare magazine, knife & flashlight) it's probably not all that strange here at ETS.

#293660 - 10/04/19 12:37 AM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
warm weather for Florida...

bandana, extra mag for the G42, G42 in Recluse 2 sided cargo holster,BenchMade Aries axis lock folder,key ring has P38(since 1972), Fenix E12(post type hole cable tie)Acme pea less whistle, pill fob with aspirin...

Maxpedition wallet has extra cash, a 2x2 gauze pad, dental floss, and single blood stopper pad, cloth knuckle band aid

Maxpedition cell phone holster, old style Kyocera flip phone..
belt is an Uncle Mikes velcro under liner from their LEO line, and Perry hook on suspenders

cooler weather the G42 is replaced by an IWB G43 and a IWB mag pouch with O light, nylon flats fishing style cover up

#293661 - 10/04/19 03:14 AM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Pistol, and one or two reloads, everywhere it’s legal for me.

Folding knife, currently Doug’s Mk1-G2.

Pen, I carry a Tactile Turn Glider, which is in my studied opinion the finest pen ever made for my purposes.

Wallet.

Car fob, with house key.

Keyring, with house key (yes, I carry two, and I cannot count how many times it’s paid off in small ways), LM Style PS, Thrunite Ti 1xAAA flashlight (backup), and a couple other keys.

Phone. I’m running an iPhone XS in my favorite case. You’ll almost never catch me with my phone below 60% charge, and if that seems possible I’ll carry a power bank for it.

Primary flashlight. Currently that’s a Lumintop FW3T in an on-its-last-legs 4Sevens holster in a pocket; the holster protects my phone from being scratched up the flashlight.

#293664 - 10/04/19 04:19 AM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
For EDC my favorite light is a Malkoff MDC. That's always in my pocket when I'm not at work. At work I go with a small one, the Olight I3E EOS.

#293686 - 10/04/19 03:55 PM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Unique? Nothing. Everything is pretty much off-the-shelf, anyone could carry the same gear.

#293689 - 10/04/19 06:00 PM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Trojan Magnum+

Because I have to purify a lot of water to make tea

#293697 - 10/04/19 11:03 PM Re: What's your unique EDC? (Every Day Carry) [Re: teacher]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
I carry "entertainment hardware" in my day bag. A PaperWhite3 eBook reader, Kindle Fire HD8 tablet, and small Sansa MP3 player. Along with all kinds of ways to charge them (and my cellphone too): 15,000mah power bank, cigarette lighter plug in, wall plug in, USB-C cable, micro-USB cable, mini-USB cable, and (not for charging) an OTG data connection cable.

Oh, one other thing that I suppose is actually more "unique" - an AliveCor KardiaMobile heart monitor. https://www.alivecor.com/

I bought this gadget when I started having heart arrhythmias. Being an ex-Paramedic, I wanted to see what was happening. I use it on others as often as myself these days. Just yesterday I looked at the ECG for an elderly friend who was not feeling well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.