The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#293671 - 10/04/19 12:16 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Moderators: We can't discuss politics, economics or religion in the forum. What if a person, such as myself, sees the potential of a threat developing but got it from a political, economic or religious source? Should such a person be allowed to warn their friends in this community to encourage them to take action or keep the information to themselves due to the source of information?

When I lived in Texas, we received tornado watches and warnings. A watch means the conditions are ideal for a tornado to form; a storm has not been spotted. During a watch, there is no need to seek shelter. The person, however, needs to be mindful that the conditions are ideal and keep a radio or TV on for updates. A warning means there is visual confirmation, seek shelter immediately.

When put in such terms, should a member be allowed to declare we are under a proverbial tornado watch, meaning the conditions are ideal for one to form, or don't say anything at all until there is visual confirmation?

Jeanette Isabelle

#293673 - 10/04/19 12:57 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Herman30]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Nothing to do with religion or doomsday prophecies. I’ve been reading a lot of financial press which indicate that world debt is becoming too large to paper over. I keep hearing “watch the bond market” and there is “too much leverage” in the system.

Here’s just one article by David Stockman who was the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (1981–1985) — it doesn’t mention politics or religion.

I’m not sure October 2019 is the month it explodes/implodes, but just by the super low interest rates, it’s evident that things are not right.

For us layman who just want to work, get a paycheck, buy gas and groceries, and otherwise think all is good and it will continue forever — news flash, something that cannot continue will eventually stop.

#293676 - 10/04/19 02:14 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Perhaps it´s just me but it makes me extremly frustrated if there is no more info than just hints and innuendo and nothing substantial.
A bit like Sheldon in Big Bang Theory.

#293677 - 10/04/19 02:24 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
I am not aware of any rule forbidding the discussion of economics. EDITED TO ADD: Here in Around the Campfire.

A brief mention that a specific topic is forbidden normally does not rise to the level of requiring me to act.

In my role as the Deputy here, I don't want to have to be involved. Please understand that I do not wish to encourage or discourage specific discussion topics as long as the rules are being followed.

In short, don't make me come back here tonight.

chaosmagnet

Edited by chaosmagnet (10/04/19 09:08 PM)
Edit Reason: fixed moderator imprecision

#293681 - 10/04/19 03:29 PM Re: I See Something [Re: chaosmagnet]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
I am not aware of any rule forbidding the discussion of economics.

Quote:
Please note that is not a place to discuss economics, politics or sociology.

For this reason, I did not want to say anything other than the conditions are ideal for a storm to take place within a month, even when no one has spotted a storm at this time.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293685 - 10/04/19 03:51 PM Re: I See Something [Re: hikermor]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
The prophets are on Zero Hedge.
Quote:
On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

#293687 - 10/04/19 04:14 PM Re: I See Something [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

I've already answered that question.

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
If there is any prep you have not done yet, now is the time to do it.

If you need to be more specific, the following is a list of what I recommend.

• Make sure all vehicles are topped off with gas.
  • If you don't have enough emergency cash at your disposal, withdraw some from your bank. Dollar amounts will vary from person to person.
  • Make sure your panty is full, including paper and hygiene products.

In short, I would suggest you prep as if a hurricane is headed in your direction.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293688 - 10/04/19 05:59 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Not really sure what sort of economic crisis we're talking about. Let see whether we can figure out Jeanette's emergency scenario if we all put our heads together.

Hurricane prep responds to a temporary interruption in food, supplies, & fuel.

Withdrawing emergency cash from the bank suggests that (1) the banking system and the American currency won't collapse, and (2) there will be no massive inflation, which will render cash useless. But somehow you can't use credit cards for a while.

I don't see preparation for sudden increase in interest rates on your loans or suddenly losing your house. I don't see calls for cashing in your stocks or retirement funds right away. So most of the system will be stable.

There will be no widespread unemployment. So there won't be a economic depression. So no need to prep your AR to fight off the masses of zombies looking for any kind of work, you guys.

One possibility is some sort of disturbance in the energy sector, making it impossible temporarily to ship goods. You may have to use cash to purchase goods from your neighbors, or you may have to drive to cities that are closer to the goods. Am I getting hot or cold?

This is a fun game! Maybe each month someone should post a fantasy scenario like Jeanette did, and we can figure out what's happening.

#293692 - 10/04/19 08:12 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
First, I believe Jeanette is sincere in her warning. So knock off the insults you guys.

Second, a warning without any hint at what the warning is about is not a very useful warning.

Third, if it is sincerely believed that something big is coming that would significantly hurt friends here on the forum, who cares about a few forum rules? If it's that bad, the forum won't be around afterwards.

Fourth, different people have different fears. For example, many people are terrified of the stock market crashing and wiping out their savings. The wife and I, we've been learning day trading, shorting, options, futures, etc. and are almost as prepared for that as we can be, and actually hope to make money when it happens (when, not if).

#293693 - 10/04/19 09:01 PM Re: I See Something [Re: haertig]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: haertig

Second, a warning without any hint at what the warning is about is not a very useful warning.

BINGO!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 474 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.