The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#293645 - 10/03/19 02:07 AM I See Something
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
In ancient times the duty of a watchman was to send an alert as soon as he saw a potential threat, not wait until he is 100% certain that the danger is real.

We are not allowed to discuss politics, economics or religion. Therefore, I can't reveal my sources. Therefore, take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.

There is the potential of economic turbulence this month, October, in the United States.

Mom and I are getting all of our preps, that we have not done yet, done. If there is any prep you have not done yet, now is the time to do it.

Return to your seats, ladies and gentlemen, the captain has turned on the fasten your seatbelt sign.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293646 - 10/03/19 02:29 AM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Isn't "economic turbulence" always a possibility at some point in the future? That is why there are insurance policies, first aid kits, well stocked larders, and the many other hedges against calamity.

Sooner or later, something really bad will definitely happen...

#293647 - 10/03/19 03:32 AM Re: I See Something [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: hikermor
Isn't "economic turbulence" always a possibility at some point in the future?

I specifically mentioned this month, October.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293648 - 10/03/19 01:40 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
I have also read articles regarding the frailty of the global economy in general. One such article is: ”We Finally Understand How Destructive Negative Interest Rates Actually Are”. Negative interest rates are not an abstract, they’re real if you live in Europe. Interesting experiment, but if it fails the consequences for the global financial system are ginormous. That’s just one of my morning reads, and there are lots of them.

With the new fiscal year upon us there is always a greater chance that something critical will unravel, but we always seem to muddle through in spite of how messed up things seem to be. That said, one of these days the system could break. Not saying it will, not saying anyone has that intent, just saying a lot of what is going on in global finance makes no sense to this layman. I was born at night...

I try to finance my life without credit, but the other day I walked into a restaurant I’ve visited in the past, placed my order and ... “we no longer take cash”. I always have cash on hand simply because I don’t trust credit/debit cards to work during a large (undefined) event and cash normally works. But I was hungry and with a schedule to meet so out came the plastic. I won’t be eating there again. Too bad, they made one of the best burgers I’ve had...

#293649 - 10/03/19 03:12 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Here’s another good read: ”Peter Schiff: The Party Is Over”
Quote:
... if the first trading day of the fourth quarter was a sign of things to come, bulls on Wall Street are in for a rough end to the year. In fact, Peter said the party is over and you don’t want to be the last one to leave. ...
...at some point, you have to pay the piper. ...

#293655 - 10/03/19 09:29 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Russ]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Granted there are ominous signs for the stock market, which is experiencing its longest expansion ever, something that will inevitably come to an end at some point in the future. But the stock market is not the economy.

#293658 - 10/03/19 10:08 PM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I expect a recession, and I think it's almost inevitable. Hopefully though it won't be as bad as in 2008. Recessions are a regular feature of capitalism and usually aren't catastrophic.

#293659 - 10/03/19 11:28 PM Re: I See Something [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: hikermor
Granted there are ominous signs for the stock market, which is experiencing its longest expansion ever, something that will inevitably come to an end at some point in the future. But the stock market is not the economy.

If it were just a stock market correction, there would be no reason for me to say anything. The potential problem I believe is coming would be more significant.

I started this thread because what kind of friend would I be to this community if I saw a potential threat and said nothing?

As I said, if there is any prep that you have not done yet, do it now. Mom and I are doing the same.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293669 - 10/04/19 08:37 AM Re: I See Something [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Personal attack deleted.

chaosmagnet

Edited by chaosmagnet (10/04/19 02:12 PM)

#293670 - 10/04/19 11:15 AM Re: I See Something [Re: Herman30]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Herman30
If you can´t say something straight out then don´t say anything.

Is that how it is? I should not post anything until I have substantial evidence, which by then maybe too late?

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 295 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.