The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#256505 - 02/14/13 04:26 AM My Micro Blog
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I don't have much input to justify a separate stand-alone blog in the net

So if the sherrifs don't mind , I like to establish a micro-blog thread here in ETS.
Don't worry , all ETS rules will be followed, and then some.

I have done this a few times in other forums and have seen this to be a great alternative for lazy bloggers like me.

#256506 - 02/14/13 04:29 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I saw this video on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j76jdUygIUQ

The girl is obsessed with Filofaux planner/organizers

Instead of using it to manage time and tasks to do, she has become addicted to finding the "perfect" planner.

It sort of reminded me of some preppers who have fallen into gear adddiction , so we have got knife-aholics, bag-aholics, etc.

#256507 - 02/14/13 04:45 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Fetishes !!

It may bring a few negative ideas to our minds, but for me I have a "good" fetish. I have befriended my bag.

If you think about it, many times , especially in hard times, and times of stress and conflict, you start to think like ( I don't have REAl friends to trust and count on). I had the feeling many times, and when I thought about those times I remembered that I almost always have turned back to my bag ( GHB or whatever you may want to call it). Sometimes, I had to use the medical pouch for eye drops or alllergy pill, or the knife to open something , or pen & paper to write a to-do list, or the multitool to fix something

In most of these cases, there were people who didn't do anything.
Some were hysterical, but didnt do a thing.
Some wanted to do, but couldn't.
Some didnt even care !!!
but my bag was there and it got what i needed

Another thing is that bags do not argue unnecessarily !!
In one bag/kit, I have got 2 EMT shears. Seems to have happened by mistake, then when I found out I just left them both there to remember that bags "don't mind". This is in contrast to many people who argue for the sake of argument, like a work collegue who always was absent from our meetings, and when we started the work which we agreed on , he always argued and made it difficult for us to finish the work on time.

I have decided on that bag to contain 2 EMT shears, and so far it hasn't said a word !!!

#256629 - 02/18/13 01:41 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Events do happen sometimes in thought provoking sequence

First, I had me some tree chopped down and I had to split that wood for fire and cooking

Second, my son tells me he needs to change worn out tires on the sedan, he gets the money, and he brings home two worn out tires. He says : you may find a use for them, dad.

Third, I stumble on this video.

hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuk_jd1f8M

#261134 - 06/05/13 08:18 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I am not superstitious . But sometimes events are sooo bad, they make your thinking go in a whirlpool. And when things do not make sense and things are not rational or understandable, supertition starts to crawl in

#261135 - 06/05/13 09:45 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

THINGS DO HAPPEN

That's why we prepare

I have always told my kids to not rely too much on technology because it can and will fail . I told them for example not to rely on their "smart" phones to save contacts. Rather they should have additional copies , HARD copies , of those contacts.

Sometimes, in the whirlpool of life we forget what we preach. So there I was, planning for some financial moves and have read the investment analysis of someone I trust . He made some analysis and suggestions in about 2 pages. I thought I "will come back to that website later to study it deeper before acting". I could have printed those 2 pages and put the papers in my bag, but I didn't.

Well, it is now several days that the website is not accessible.
By the time it comes back, the suggestions he gave may not be valid anymore.

Next time, I won't preach anything unless I practice it first

#261136 - 06/05/13 03:59 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Chisel

I have always told my kids to not rely too much on technology because it can and will fail . I told them for example not to rely on their "smart" phones to save contacts. Rather they should have additional copies , HARD copies , of those contacts.

I use a Google contacts Thunderbird plugin to sync them down to my local system then I can print out. No sense in entering them twice, once in the phone and once in something else to print. Just sync them back then print smile

#261572 - 07/02/13 09:01 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Eugene]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Actually, Eugene, my way is a bit less technical

I only store essential numbers in my not-so-smart phone
And I have a spare (older) phone with duplicate list

Rest of the world stay on paper phone list. Many copies around in office, car, house .. everywhere. Updated every 2 years

#261573 - 07/02/13 09:11 AM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

These days I am supposed to be on 3-week vacation, and a mile-long to-do list. However, in the first few days , I got hit by a health condition where I get dizzy when I do some hard work

Doc hammered me for not having a checkup for 4 years ! New tests revealed I was difficient in several nutrients. I left the clinic with a truck load of vitamins, anitbiotics, and other stuff.

During this vacataion, a few things happened .. and I got dizzier and dizzier. Between going ot post office to find a lost parcel for my daughter, and doing the paper work for my father-in-law's next appointment in a cardiac center, I received phone calls for the wife asking for this or that and I tell her : it would be Thursday , someone else has to do it on Wednesday, 'casue Thursday is a weekend ... she laughs and answers : have you forgotten ???
Weekend is already changed to Friday and Saturday.
Thursday is a working day now !!!

LOL

I stopped the car somewhere and just laughed at myself and my situation ...

Yea, .gov just changed our weekend...
and I have several homemade planner/organizers to modify and change the weekend to the new settings

OK, time for another pill

#261671 - 07/08/13 03:13 PM Re: My Micro Blog [Re: Chisel]
Treeseeker Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Well, it is now several days that the website is not accessible.

Just search for it using Google. To the right of the URL you will see a down arrow, click on it and select "Cache." This will show you a cached version of the website.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 230 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.