Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#293446 - 09/16/19 01:03 PM Re: Castaway [Re: Chisel]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Chisel
Maybe what I am going to say is "awkwardly" close. Whatever that means. There were times of extreme pressure , anxiety, and depression. Add disappointments in the mix, plus a few health issues that makes a person even doubts himself and his abilities to face stuff when no one around was caring enough or knowledgeable enough to be helpful enough.

Well, believe it or not, my EDC bag became the 'volleyball' of my life for that period. It was the only thing that I would be confident enough to have what it needs to get sh*t done. Well, everyone of the EDC folks can say that , but in times of extreme psychological pressures, you may just have a bit more attachment to that "thing" than merely a container for useful stuff. Indeed , I call it now "companion bag" since it has become my companion ( and to a lesser extent, the EDC culture is not known in my corner of the world).

Yep. My companion bag is so close to me that I was saddened to see a few marks of aging, and was upset that I didn't buy all 4 similar bags I saw in a store a few years back. It's nothing fancy. Price is equivalent to U.S.$ 5-6, but really really worth it.

I have read your post several times. As a person with mental health problems, I understand the importance of having the right gear on your person at all times; I don't see how an EDC bag can be a person's proverbial volleyball.

One could argue that my journal, along with e-mail and forums such as this can be my proverbial volleyball. At the same time, this could be used as my proverbial unopened package.

For clarification, let's define each. The volleyball is your go-to when you need to sound off what is in your head. The unopened package is that extra boost you need. When you have a goal that you want to accomplish or a purpose, you will fight harder to survive.

Jeanette Isabelle

#293447 - 09/16/19 01:36 PM Re: Castaway [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
... For clarification, let's define each. The volleyball is your go-to when you need to sound off what is in your head. The unopened package is that extra boost you need. When you have a goal that you want to accomplish or a purpose, you will fight harder to survive.

Jeanette Isabelle

Excellent explanation of the roles both those items played in the film — short, succinct and clear.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 174 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
06:35 PM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/13/24 10:09 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by brandtb
04/03/24 08:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.