Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#293336 - 09/10/19 08:56 PM Re: Social Media [Re: Herman30]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Originally Posted By: Herman30
Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
It's not so much privacy for me as just apathy. Nothing about Facebook interests me.

Perhaps because you haven´t found any interesting groups to join.

I´m member on a couple of educative groups; one that gathers historical photos of my birth village and one war historical group.

Could be. I guess I dink around enough on the internet though, no point in seeking ways to waste more time! grin Plus, Facebook's business model and actions are morally objectionable to me and I don't trust it with my data.

#293361 - 09/12/19 07:50 AM Re: Social Media [Re: dougwalkabout]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe I'm old school, but I never believed the trade-off of personal information was worth the benefits of social media. (That's another discussion.)

In instagram and twitter, you do not have to write your real name. Just choose any user name, like we did in this forum, and it is acceptable. I am not very knowledgeable but I think only Facebook and LinkedIn you have to put your real name . Even in LinkedIn, I have seen many whose chose the label (LinkedIn member) and no photo.

#293362 - 09/12/19 07:59 AM Re: Social Media [Re: Chisel]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I think there is so much nonsense on social media that we oversee the gems and big benefits. Like some of you I have been fed up with ppl shooting videos of every second of their daily life, their breakfast, their lunch, coffee break, dinner .. and was afraid they will go into their bedrooms shooting 18+ stuff. It is too much nonsense that I deleted Snapchat.

But I didn't give them all a blanket judgment. I went thru Twitter and found many good advices from inspiring and business ppl to young job seekers, many were discussing different subjects and you can choose what to follow. Instagram too, has junk as well as respectable feed. Depends what you follow. I managed to find some of my favorite cafe's , follow some of my interests, and even some edc pages. Pinterest is great too. From cooking recipes to bushcraft knots, they are all there.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 281 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.