Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#292142 - 04/07/19 08:30 PM Re: How Far Will You Go to Survive? [Re: Herman30]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Herman30
Makes me wonder why start a discussion if it contains subjects that can not be discussed.

I've already addressed that.

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Depending on what your answer might be, it might be best to ponder the question and not post it on the forum.

Jeanette Isabelle

#292143 - 04/07/19 08:30 PM Re: How Far Will You Go to Survive? [Re: Herman30]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Good question!!

#292144 - 04/07/19 09:31 PM Re: How Far Will You Go to Survive? [Re: Herman30]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Quote:
Apparently, there is some great question which can only be discussed in private, not in the open on this forum, so I assume there must be political or religious overtones which render this subject toxic.

Makes me wonder why start a discussion if it contains subjects that can not be discussed.

This thread exemplifies why I don't much hang out on ETS anymore. Very poor S/N ratio.

#292145 - 04/07/19 09:47 PM Re: How Far Will You Go to Survive? [Re: AKSAR]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: AKSAR
This thread exemplifies why I don't much hang out on ETS anymore. Very poor S/N ratio.

Was that signal, or noise? wink

#292146 - 04/07/19 09:54 PM Re: How Far Will You Go to Survive? [Re: haertig]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: haertig

Was that signal, or noise? wink
In my opinion, this whole thread is noise.

But then then I suppose we could go back to discussing who can put the most bandaids into a "trauma kit".

#292147 - 04/07/19 10:14 PM Re: How Far Will You Go to Survive? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I'll bet you can suggest topics that are far more pertinent for this forum. have at it!

#292148 - 04/08/19 04:22 AM Re: How Far Will You Go to Survive? [Re: AKSAR]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Quote:
Apparently, there is some great question which can only be discussed in private, not in the open on this forum, so I assume there must be political or religious overtones which render this subject toxic.

I dunno. Of all the forums I know of ETS has about the best ratio of worthwhile content to "noise" of anywhere. The occasional fun/sensational thread is the exception that proves the rule and doesn't bother me much. smile

#292149 - 04/08/19 04:50 AM Re: How Far Will You Go to Survive? [Re: Phaedrus]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
Of all the forums I know of ETS has about the best ratio of worthwhile content to "noise" of anywhere.

I tend to agree. In most of the forums I frequent the number of posts are way down. It seems to be a widespread issue. The highest number of posts usually seem to be in the "other stuff" subforums - often named "Off Topic", or here on ETS, "Around the Campfire".

Most other forums I use are experiencing a lower signal-to-noise ratio. Less signal, more noise. But here on ETS, when there is no signal, it tends to be replaced by silence, not noise. So right now ETS is experiencing a low signal-to-silence ratio. Less signal and more silence.

I'm not sure what is causing this large scale phenomenon. Is it because we're all getting to be older now, and starting to take more naps and going to bed earlier, thus less time for posting? I know in my case, I'm not doing as many survival related things these days. Update and enhance my Bug Out Bag? Nah, ... I'd just rather stay here and die in comfort in familiar surroundings. TEOTWAWKI? I'm afraid that's pretty much already happened. We can't discuss politics here, but I hope it's still OK to say that TEOTWAWKI has happened because of politics.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.