Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#291393 - 12/13/18 04:09 AM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: hikermor]
Taurus Offline
Addict

Loc: Northern Canada
Originally Posted By: hikermor

On the other hand, a high proof whiskey, or Everclear, makes an acceptable stove fuel or fire accelerant.

My last purchase was a bottle of Glenfiddich 21 year winter storm. The day I would use this for stove fuel, fire starter or even wound disinfectant will be a grim day indeed. It had better be the apocalypse if I find myself in this situation. Even then Satan and all 4 or the horsemen will have to hold me at gunpoint. laugh

#291397 - 12/13/18 06:10 AM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
I also plan to get an iPod; at $200

Surely there are other brands that are cheaper.
I myself do not buy anything related to the Applefamily, it¨s too much of a religion to my liking. And too expensive. Other brands are cheaper.

#291400 - 12/13/18 05:22 PM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I've been talking about a permanent bugout when the brimstone hits the fan here in America. What I have not mentioned is where I plan to go out of fear of violating this forum's rule on religious discussions.

I think I can say this much without violating any rules: There has been a lot of discussions in prophetic circles on the subject of Christians and Jews fleeing to Israel when (or before) the brimstone hits the fan in America.

That presents a new set of challenges. We don't know anyone there (besides others who are moving to Israel). If we fly, we are constrained by what we can bring with us. We can carry more if traveling by ship.

There is also the possibility that we can't get to Isreal. If that is the case, the three options I see are sheltering in place until we die, bugging out to another location in America until we die or join the small percentage that survives.

Jeanette Isabelle

#291401 - 12/13/18 06:53 PM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Well now, end of the world is something there is nothing one can do to prepare for. Well perhaps some excellent alcohol. Go meet your maker with the taste of a good cognac on your palet.

#291402 - 12/13/18 07:21 PM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Herman30]
Carpal Tunnel

If we do end up in Israel, we will have a reason to prepare.

Even if we don't, it is still best to do everything to prepare. Why? If I have a sayso in the matter, I don't want to die of sickness or starvation.

Jeanette Isabelle

#291407 - 12/13/18 10:43 PM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Herman30]
Taurus Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: Herman30
Well now, end of the world is something there is nothing one can do to prepare for. Well perhaps some excellent alcohol. Go meet your maker with the taste of a good cognac on your palet.

Lol. This guy gets it.

I used to lie awake worrying about that stuff when I was younger. I like to think I have more of a handle on that now that I’m 40 and a lot more mature. There’s so much out of our control in this life you are simply wasting precious time if you let it bother you. Survival prep for me is interesting because I spend a lot of time outdoors (plus my job demands a certain level of it). I could easily get lost in the woods (again) or fall thru the ice (again) or tip my kayak in a remote area and have to spend a few nights surviving (hasn’t happened yet, knock on wood) and lord knows being Army and constantly deploying to foreign countries has put me in some interesting situations, but I no longer worry about the complete end of the world.

If it happens it happens.

#291408 - 12/13/18 11:33 PM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Worry? That depends. If we are in Israel when the brimstone hits the fan, things will be good (for us).

In either case, it is good to be prudent.

Jeanette Isabelle

#291409 - 12/13/18 11:41 PM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Taurus Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Worry? That depends. If we are in Israel when the brimstone hits the fan, things will be good (for us)

Not sure I follow you. How so? And what us?

#291410 - 12/13/18 11:51 PM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Taurus]
Carpal Tunnel

We will have to take it in private since answering those questions violate forum rules.

Jeanette Isabelle

#291412 - 12/14/18 12:35 AM Re: What Do I Bring When Bugging Out? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I'll confess I've never been in a bad situation that could have been improved by a bottle of Scotch. Except once in my youth, when I ran out of Scotch.

Now I don't drink though, quit years ago.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.