Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#290721 - 09/25/18 11:43 PM Re: Martial Law [Re: hikermor]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: hikermor
It might be helpful to define precisely what "martial law" is, for the context of this thread. I suspect it varies a bit, depending upon the nation and the era....

My understanding is the military has to step in because we have a situation that overwhelms the limits of the civil government.

Regardless of the reason, something has happened to send the public into a panic. The military has to spet in until our collective anxiety attack has subsided. Then we return to business as usual.

Jeanette Isabelle

#290942 - 10/24/18 03:07 AM Re: Martial Law [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Pete Offline
Veteran

Martial Law ... it's the kind of thing you hope never happens. it is more likely to occur 'locally' rather than nationally. e.g. a specific city that has a major rhreat or disaster.

I would obey all instructions immediately, never be angry or abusive, and NEVER carry anything that could be confused for a weapon. It would be smarter to be in a group, esp. well behaved people. and dont violate curfew hours.

Special military teams could be guarding high priority locations, such as Govt buildings or nuclear facilities. i would avoid these areas completely.

Overseas ... martial law is a risky situation if you are caught up in it. it happened once to me in Africa. i walked away ok, and i remained calm on the outside, but internally I was sweating bullets. you just never know what poorly trained soldiers in 3rd world counties will do. they tried to shake me down for a bribe, but i didnt give them anything. it is risky, very unpredictable.

Edited by Pete (10/24/18 03:09 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.