Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#290308 - 08/24/18 07:23 AM ETS no longer part of Amazon Smile?
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
This makes me frown! frown After years of being my chosen charity, ETS is now not part of Amazon Smile. Is this related to the recent announcement of the change to the Org? On a related note is Knife Rights part of the program?

I'd like to be able to pick something worthwhile!

#290309 - 08/24/18 07:24 AM Re: ETS no longer part of Amazon Smile? [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Answered my own question! Switched my Smile account over to Knife Rights! grin

#290312 - 08/24/18 01:27 PM Re: ETS no longer part of Amazon Smile? [Re: Phaedrus]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
Answered my own question! Switched my Smile account over to Knife Rights! grin

Thank you!

I don’t speak for the Equipped to Survive Foundation or for Knife Rights, but I respectfully ask you all to consider supporting these worthy organizations. Knife Rights has done wonders with knife law in the United States and many of us have benefitted from their work.

#290338 - 08/27/18 11:30 PM Re: ETS no longer part of Amazon Smile? [Re: Phaedrus]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Thanks! I sincerely appreciate your support!

ON a side note, it is amazing complicated and not exactly inexpensive to actually shut down a 501(c)(3) properly. <sigh> Te Amazon Smile thing was a loose thread that needed cutting which we forgot to take care of until they contacted us since the bank account they deposited into was no more.

Anyone else wanting to support Knife Rights can do so here:

https://smile.amazon.com/ref=smi_ext_ch_74-3197994

Thanks so much.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#290412 - 09/06/18 06:55 AM Re: ETS no longer part of Amazon Smile? [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I thought to chime in further! I just made my 3rd purchase through the Smile program, generating a total of $.30 for Knife Rights. Not a lot I realize but it's only been a week or so. Multiply that by all my purchases, and by many members using Smile and you can see how it can add one.

One major note! It's agonizing to learn this so late, too. I had thought that all my purchases were supporting ETs- not so! You need to use the prefix Smile before Amazon! eek I made literally thousands of purchases over the year that didn't aid Knife Rights because I didn't realize that I had to use "Smile.Amazon". blush So while I did add quite a few donations it could have been so much more!

So, everyone- use SMILE ahead of Amazon! It costs you nothing at all; the contributions are made solely by Amazon. Last I check Mr. Bezos was worth around $130B dollars so he can afford it. It's a big deal to smaller charities to be sure your money is well spent on supporting things that are important to you. smile

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 442 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.