Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#289853 - 07/12/18 03:28 PM Favorite Related Forum
GoatMan Offline

As the lifespan and usefulness of Equipped.org has come down, what other "related" site have you found most useful?

#289854 - 07/12/18 03:37 PM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: GoatMan]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado

#289855 - 07/12/18 04:56 PM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: GoatMan]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Come down? ETS is very much still useful.

Jeanette Isabelle

#289856 - 07/12/18 05:07 PM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
+1

#289857 - 07/12/18 06:22 PM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: GoatMan]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Originally Posted By: GoatMan
As the lifespan and usefulness of Equipped.org has come down, what other "related" site have you found most useful?

Really??That's news to me....

There are many other forums that cater to survival topics and "survivalists" and "preppers". etc. but they range from ludicrous to ominous and some are just downright crazy (I lurk on some for giggles).

None are as informative, nor as focused, as ETS. Granted, ETS is not perfect, but it is reliable and the information given here is pretty decent.

Perhaps you could explain in a little more detail what you mean in your initial post?

#289858 - 07/12/18 07:59 PM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: GoatMan]
GoatMan Offline

No disrespect is intended. I've utilized this site for 15 years and occasionally posted for over 10 of those years. Doug himself has said the site is no longer developed, but will remain online for our benefit. As we can all see, the frequency of posts and by whom (the same few) are obvious indicators of what I intended to state in this thread.

Since post volume is low and most of it comes from the same few, what other sites have you found highly beneficial that may perhaps have higher volume and quality feedback.

BTW - Yes, I do still frequent here as I continue to find the input useful.

#289859 - 07/12/18 08:13 PM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: GoatMan]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: GoatMan
Doug himself has said the site is no longer developed, but will remain online for our benefit.

I hope it remains online. When the SHTF (Jacob's Trouble, Armageddon or anything else in between), it helps to know that the people of this forum have my back.

Jeanette Isabelle

#289860 - 07/12/18 08:29 PM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: GoatMan]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
There is a hard core of frequent posters on this site (Far be it for me to name names!!) but this is true of many sites on the internet, both survival related and otherwise.

There are lots of sites that give good, reliable guidance on outdoor safety and practice. One I like is REI, which of course is engaged in selling gear, but whose site includes a lot of accurate info - "hiking project" and"mountain project" are good examples. For the record, I am a satisfied and current REI member.

NSS's Cavechat site also comes to mind as another purveyor of good info.

#289861 - 07/12/18 09:08 PM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: hikermor
Far be it for me to name names!!

There would be too many to list.

Jeanette Isabelle

#289864 - 07/13/18 12:41 AM Re: Favorite Related Forum [Re: GoatMan]
pforeman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Iowa
while true - the site has 'lost' members and the core group continues to post but it has diminished in volume - however the quality is still very high.

I would hate to see it go and don't really think it will for sometime yet. This is due to the efforts of the core group. But, like several other sites I have enjoyed and used over the years the day will come when this web page is no longer active and will be gone. With that in mind I've looked far and wide and have still not found anything that measures up to replace ETS.

True, there are a bunch of 'prepper' sites and some of those are really, really bad - a few I visit have some good material but you have to sift through it to find the nuggets. One example is https://survivalblog.com/

I have found the above site has a lot of very good information there and really like the ability to search it when I'm looking for something specific. It is not everyone's cup of tea but I have found it useful. Again, you need to sift for the gold.

I've been a member of a 'closed' cop page for almost 20 years and we have kept it going these last couple of years on the posting of about 4 - 5 people and we lost one of them this year when he passed away. That site is on the way out but the handful of us still checking in every week have kept it going about six years after the owner/manager died. It won't go much more and will be greatly missed by it's members but it's on the closing end of it's electronic life. It's sort of like life... these sites are born, grow, mature and finally age out and become a part of the past. As I age I am finding much of what I used and valued is fading away on many fronts. Cue the big sigh!

As a closing note - I have never found a site like this and one that has the quality and value which is due to the contributors here. I hope the day the final post is uploaded is a long way off.

Paul -

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.