Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#289716 - 07/01/18 07:23 PM Happy 4th of July to Everyone
Pete Offline
Veteran

Happy July 4th to all Americans here!! Wishing you the best for this holiday.

#289734 - 07/03/18 02:20 PM Re: Happy 4th of July to Everyone [Re: Pete]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
Another political thread! This one celebrating an illegal rebellion no less!

But good news! Someone (who may well be me) posted this article on a civil war newsgroup one 32nd of March in the 90s:

'There is a Bill going through Parliament here in England I thought people on the newsgroup might be interested in.
Apparently British Government researchers in the 1980s discovered that the War of Independence was not won by the Americans. Technically the surrender was illegal as our representatives wrote the wrong date. Like the
Millennium bug it's been staring us all in the face, but no one ever saw it. So the British Government had no reason for it's generosity in giving you independence.
Since the fighting stopped, and the original claims on the colonies by Britain still stood. The United States still belongs to the British Empire.
News of this has been suppressed in the US for obvious reasons. But is quietly working it's way through the system here. It is not being reported on, but anyone who wants to can walk into the Houses of Parliament and hear it being debated.
Last week the US amabassador was interned as an 'agent acting for a power in rebellion against the Crown'. The bill is expected to gain the Royal Assent soon and Britain will formally take over the United States.
Apart from the obvious implications, Loss of voting rights and the right to bear arms (look what you did last time we let you have them). This will mean the so called ' US government' being interned, the surrendering of your armed forces and the movement of government to Westminster. The 50 colonies will not have representation, though taxation will be increased to pay for an extended aristocracy to rule them.
Implications for the Brothers War are interesting: We take our history very seriously here, and criminals do not have statues
to them. There are strict laws against glorifying them.
Almost all statues from the Brothers War (now to be known as the 'Thieves fallout') will be removed.
Since the British Government banned slavery on British Territory earlier in the Century. The United States being then a part of the Empire, had no legal slavery in 1861. This means that all statues medals pictures etc of anyone who owned a slave then will be removed. Obviously the implications
for the Confederate culture are severe. But the North does not escape either. Statues of Grant will have to be removed. (Though not of Lee, who never owned slaves.)
Of course the Government of the Union and the Government of the Confederacy both acted illegally we now realise. Lincoln as a representative of the illegal body created by the '1776 Insurrection' (as it will now be called) The so called 'US Government'. Cannot be venerated.
That statue on the Mall has got to go. George the Third will be on the five dollar bill by the end of the year.

There is a strong argument that since the Confederacy was in rebellion against the rebels and actively sought British aid, they should be exempt from cultural extermination. Though Davies tainted by his criminal past in the so called 'US government' will not escape censure. Southern lawyers
here are putting forward an argument that as they were at war with the Union they were loyal to the crown. This has been argued against on the grounds that 'thieves falling out, is not loyalty'.
But the Souths argument does seem to be prevailing. It is the view of Her Majestys Government that the colonies had no legal right to rebel, though the Confederacy did, (only against Washington, not Westminster). The need for the extension of the ruling class to deal with our most troublesome colony is perhaps part of the reason for this sympathy with the South.
The North can expect members of the Southern Plantation class, newly knighted by the Crown, to go north and be carpetbaggers for the Empire.There is specualtion that Sir William Clinton may well be pardoned for his part in the so called 'US Government' and rule the colonies on behalf of the Crown as Viceroy of the American Colonies.
Cynics suggest that the election of a southerner to gain administrative experience, seems a very fortunate event for the Crown. And George Bushs election year 60% drop in popularity, may not be unconnected to the fact that the British Ambassador moved to Washington in 1992 was an ex head of MI5.
Obviously history will have to be rewritten. Apart from the leaders of the 1776 Insurrection being referred to henceforth as the 'Criminal conspirators', and the severe fines imposed on the US for being late for both World Wars. The Thieves Fallout will not be referred to as a civil war, but as 'a gangster war''. Since both the Confederacy and the Union
were fighting over Crown property (the colonies), re enactments will be banned as they are playing out gangster wars. These are banned here on the grounds that they are a bad influence on the young. ( Not that they will have any weapons to use anyway).
The good news is that you are losing one civil war, but you are gaining another. Anyone who wants to be a Cromwellian Pikeman is welcome to come and re-enact here!
All this is still in the early stages, and a lot has to be thought through. I'll keep you posted.

Nicholas Kane London England'

Though strangely no one has heard any more of this since ;-)
qjs

#289735 - 07/03/18 02:34 PM Re: Happy 4th of July to Everyone [Re: Pete]
gonewiththewind Offline
Veteran

We are close to our brothers in the UK, and I have celebrated the 4th of July with many UK soldiers, with some good natured ribbing of course.

We owe a great deal to the political evolution within Great Britain before the revolution, and I see our system as a product of that evolution. It could have gone very differently if King George had made a different decision.

We were standing by to assist in Brexit if it was necessary, to help or UK brothers maintain their own independence.

#289738 - 07/03/18 03:23 PM Re: Happy 4th of July to Everyone [Re: quick_joey_small]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
Another political thread! This one celebrating an illegal rebellion no less!

Why must every thread celebrating the birthday of a nation be labeled "political?"

Jeanette Isabelle

#289739 - 07/03/18 04:34 PM Re: Happy 4th of July to Everyone [Re: gonewiththewind]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
We seem to have achieved peace and understanding over the years with our British cousins. My younger daughter's boy friend is a naturalized citizen, originally from Olde England. He earned his citizenship the hard way, enlisting in the Marines. I enjoy trading war stories with him, since we were both posted to S. Korea (a generation apart) during relative peaceful times.....

#289740 - 07/03/18 05:10 PM Re: Happy 4th of July to Everyone [Re: hikermor]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: hikermor
We seem to have achieved peace and understanding over the years with our British cousins.

Same here. My paternal grandfather is British, making me one-quarter British. I have an aunt through marriage who is British. She has been granted U.S. citizenship a few years ago.

Jeanette Isabelle

#289741 - 07/03/18 05:27 PM Re: Happy 4th of July to Everyone [Re: quick_joey_small]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
"Mind The Gap!"

#289756 - 07/04/18 04:07 PM Re: Happy 4th of July to Everyone [Re: Pete]
Pete Offline
Veteran

Somehow my simple greeting for 4 July has become sidetracked. One again ... happy festivities EVERYONE!!!

On a UK theme ... I was quite happy to see Harry and Meghan get married. MY SLICE of the wedding cake has not arrived yet. But I am confident it is on the way!!! Best wishes to them. :-)

P.S. Rebellions are always illegal. Thats how it works.

#289758 - 07/04/18 09:32 PM Re: Happy 4th of July to Everyone [Re: Pete]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.