Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#289616 - 06/24/18 12:45 AM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

You can't make a tribute to a political commentator without bringing politics in. The tribute itself is already political. In other words, Jeanette has violated the spirit of the forum once again. By permitting such posts, this forum is revealing its bias and declaring itself to be a r i g h t - w i n g , c o n s e r v a t i v e operation.

We can jam up this forum by posting tribute every time some political figure somewhere in the world dies or whatever. But that's not what this forum is for. Back to survival and equipment, please.

Edited by Bingley (06/24/18 12:45 AM)

#289617 - 06/24/18 12:49 AM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Bingley]
gonewiththewind Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Bingley

We can jam up this forum by posting tribute every time some political figure somewhere in the world dies or whatever. But that's not what this forum is for. Back to survival and equipment, please.

Please

#289618 - 06/24/18 01:08 AM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Bingley]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
You can't make a tribute to a political commentator without bringing politics in. The tribute itself is already political.

You have a point here. But unfortunately it's a very sad point. We have come to this: We can no longer say something nice about someone because somebody else might be offended. This is quite the sorry state of affairs, especially when one of the somebodies just died.

R.I.P. all you dead people out there. We can't mention any of you by name anymore and have to pretend that you never existed.

But Bingley, you do have a point. I hate your point. This statement has nothing to do with you or your bringing up of the point. That's fine. I just hate the content of the point, but I agree that you have it correct. It saddens me though.

#289619 - 06/24/18 01:20 AM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: haertig]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Has this forum become so politically correct that we can't say anything even if it's positive?

Jeanette Isabelle

#289624 - 06/24/18 02:49 AM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Has this forum become so politically correct that we can't say anything even if it's positive?

Jeanette Isabelle

If we're dispensing with political correctness then may I quote The Wizard of Oz: 'Ding Dong...' smirk

#289625 - 06/24/18 05:19 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Bingley]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
By permitting such posts, this forum is revealing its bias and declaring itself to be a r i g h t - w i n g , c o n s e r v a t i v e operation.

I did not see it that way when I posted the tribute. I thought every member would be mature and not add anything political. The only thing you said I'm agreeing with is by allowing the cartoon to remain, ETS is revealing its bias.

Jeanette has violated the spirit of the forum once again.

What I don't understand is the word "again." What is the word "again" referencing?

Jeanette Isabelle

#289626 - 06/24/18 05:33 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Bingley]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
You can't make a tribute to a political commentator without bringing politics in. The tribute itself is already political. In other words, Jeanette has violated the spirit of the forum once again. By permitting such posts, this forum is revealing its bias and declaring itself to be a r i g h t - w i n g , c o n s e r v a t i v e operation.

That is the biggest load of fake and sensationalist statements I have seen on this forum in a long time. I have no opinion nor dog in the fight of the original post. However to falsely state - without a shred of convincing evidence that this forum and by extension, its owner and or MOD's are revealing its bias, is completely unwarranted and smacks of utter disrespect.

Since no one else may have done so already, this thread has been flagged to the MOD's.

John Lubbock

#289627 - 06/24/18 06:31 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Teslinhiker]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Possibly one reason this thread hasn't been shut down yet is that the mods are waiting to see if we have any self discipline. Let's show some!

Perhaps the greatest positive attribute of this place is the lack of political discussion. I am sure we all have political views (I certainly do!!) and I hope that we do express them at appropriate times and at the right places, none of which is ETS.

We will do better by discussing the merits of various blade steels which i think is actually pretty abstruse. How much real difference can there possibly be? I'll just take my Moraknivs and go sulk in the corner.....

#289630 - 06/24/18 07:07 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
cliff Offline
Sultan of Spiffy
Enthusiast

Loc: Louisiana
Buh-buh dee, buh-buh dee, tha-tha-that’s all folks!

This may not have been intended as political, but it went there fast.

We’re done here. I’m shutting this thread down.

Let’s play nice out there.

.....CLIFF
(like, who else?)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.