The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#289566 - 06/22/18 09:22 PM A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas

#289567 - 06/22/18 09:46 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
That graphic captures a quote from me to my better half. She did not appreciate the “SHH”. Charles Krauthammer was a great intellect who will be missed.

#289569 - 06/23/18 05:04 AM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
Yes let's invade Iraq because of WMDs that we know don't exist. The UN inspectors are in there looking anywhere they want and they aren't there.
What can go wrong?

qjs

Edited by quick_joey_small (06/23/18 05:58 AM)

#289580 - 06/23/18 04:18 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: quick_joey_small]
UTAlumnus Offline
Old Hand

Loc: East Tennessee near Bristol
How could they have used them on the Kurds if they didn't have them? IIRC didn't the inspectors or somebody find the artillery shells for binary agents? Any decent chemical plant can handle the production.

Edit: The Iraqis knew where the inspectors were going well ahead of time and many places were off limits between Desert Storm and the Iraq War. This is the same problem that the Iran nuclear deal had. The Iranians could delay or prevent the inspectors from looking at particular sites and the appeal process would take significant time.

Edited by UTAlumnus (06/23/18 04:23 PM)

#289581 - 06/23/18 04:23 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: UTAlumnus]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Why would the issue of WMD’s in Iraq be an item of discussion in this forum?

#289582 - 06/23/18 04:28 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: UTAlumnus]
Carpal Tunnel

May we keep politics out of this tribute?

Jeanette Isabelle

#289599 - 06/23/18 09:08 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
> May we keep politics out of this tribute?

How are we supposed to ignore the mans life when paying a tribute to him?
I take it you'd have no problem with me paying a tribute to Osama Bin Laden then?

No offence UTAlumnus but everything you said is untrue.

Saddam used chemicals on the Kurds; but that was in the 1980s.

The inspectors in Iraq found nothing:

Wikipedia: In March 2003, Blix said progress had been made in inspections, and no evidence of WMD had been found.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War#Opposition_to_invasionw

On Iran:

wikipedia: The IAEA, EU, Russia and China have all affirmed that Iran is respecting the limitations on its nuclear program.[554] The IAEA, the foremost authority on the matter, has repeatedly deemed Iran in compliance with the nuclear deal. The U.S. State Department has also certified that Iran is holding up its end of the bargain, and a host of experts affirmed these findings.[555] IAEA Director General Amano said that "Iran is subject to the world's most robust nuclear verification regime.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Comprehensive_Plan_of_Action#Denial_of_Re-certification

Hopefully the moderators will soon close this thread down.

qjs

#289600 - 06/23/18 10:11 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: quick_joey_small]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
> May we keep politics out of this tribute?

How are we supposed to ignore the mans life when paying a tribute to him?
I take it you'd have no problem with me paying a tribute to Osama Bin Laden then?

For the sake of discussion let's say the former president dies. I can say something positive without being political. I'll give an example of something I may say if he did:

I did not agree with a lot he has done; despite opposition even from his financial supporters, he followed his conscience and defended his ground.

Jeanette Isabelle

#289601 - 06/23/18 10:20 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: quick_joey_small]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Yes let's invade Iraq because of WMDs that we know don't exist. The UN inspectors are in there looking anywhere they want and they aren't there.
What can go wrong?

qjs

??? Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread? What does your post have to do with a tribute to a gracious man who has died, and whose death brought sadness to many?

#289602 - 06/23/18 10:22 PM Re: A Tribute to Charles Krauthammer [Re: quick_joey_small]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Hopefully the moderators will soon close this thread down.

Or at the very least, delete the posts from the one who is trying to divert and ruin it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.