Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#287829 - 01/14/18 01:26 AM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: chaosmagnet]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Good job, CM!
-Blast, retired but occasionally still riding by.
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#287834 - 01/14/18 04:34 AM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: Blast]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Hats off to you, Blast!!

#287845 - 01/14/18 05:48 PM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: Blast]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Blast
Good job, CM!
-Blast, retired but occasionally still riding by.

Thanks! We'd sure be happy to see more of you.

#287852 - 01/15/18 02:00 AM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: Still_Alive]
CJK Offline
Addict

Loc: FL, USA
Just be sure you are getting 'wool'. A few years ago they gave us 'wool' blankets to use on the bus. The tag read and I quote, "Man made material of unknown origin." They also disintegrated upon washing..... make sure it is REAL wool.

#287853 - 01/15/18 02:22 AM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: CJK]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: CJK
Just be sure you are getting 'wool'. A few years ago they gave us 'wool' blankets to use on the bus. The tag read and I quote, "Man made material of unknown origin." They also disintegrated upon washing..... make sure it is REAL wool.

Again, this a 10 year old thread, only brought back from the dead by a spammer. I think by now the OP has decided on what to purchase.

John Lubbock

#287857 - 01/15/18 03:11 AM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: Still_Alive]
adam2 Offline
Addict

Loc: Somerset UK
I agree that the O/P has probably decided what to purchase by now ! No harm IMHO in continuing to discuss the relative merits of wool and synthetic fleece blankets as this is a subject of ongoing relevance.

And anyway, the O/P might need a replacement by now !

#287870 - 01/15/18 10:30 PM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: adam2]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Originally Posted By: adam2
I agree that the O/P has probably decided what to purchase by now ! No harm IMHO in continuing to discuss the relative merits of wool and synthetic fleece blankets as this is a subject of ongoing relevance.

And anyway, the O/P might need a replacement by now !

The OP has not posted in 4 years, maybe he has moved on - or worse?

Revival of old threads can be good, but when most of the members who originally posted, are no longer active, it does not make sense conversation wise. I liken it to attempting to sit around and share an old story with friends and family who are now longer around for a number of reasons.

I moderate on another forum where threads are auto locked after 6 months of inactivity for these very reasons - and help keep the spammers from reviving them. New threads usually mean more up to date info - and more participation.

John Lubbock

#287874 - 01/16/18 02:16 AM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: Teslinhiker]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
I moderate on another forum where threads are auto locked after 6 months of inactivity for these very reasons - and help keep the spammers from reviving them. New threads usually mean more up to date info - and more participation.

Having had almost a full minute to think about it so far, this seems like a good idea to me. However, it’s not clear to me that the forum software supports it. If the software does support that option, it would be a policy decision that Doug would have to make.

chaosmagnet

#287875 - 01/16/18 02:42 AM Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? [Re: Still_Alive]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I like old threads, and I am often amused to read back when someone revives them. The information around here hardly goes stale.

OTOH, I don't like loading more work on our fine volunteer Moderators. Maybe the threads don't need to be locked from commenting, but instead all new links could be auto-nuked after a predetermined period? Might deter the spammers? Just a thought.

And I still think fleece is a better choice than wool. Like I said before ... grin

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 460 Guests and 72 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.