The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#286881 - 10/25/17 11:52 PM Scrubs
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
For a few years, I had concerns I may need to leave the hose in the middle of the night with no time to get dressed or unable to grab some clothes. Therefore, in the event of an emergency, I may be away from home in my pajamas. I need to look more presentable in emergency situations.

Not only do scrubs look presentable; they are also suitable for sleepwear. Today I found one pair my size and tonight I will try them out. If the scrubs work out, this may be an idea I could recommend for middle-of-the-night emergencies. Hop out of bed, put your shoes on and be ready to exit the house just like that.

Jeanette Isabelle

#286884 - 10/26/17 02:51 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Yep, available on Amazon in a wide range of colors. I was considering them for another purpose, but sleepwear also works. Maybe I will get a set.

#286886 - 10/27/17 03:35 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
I need to look more presentable in emergency situations.

If you're talking a house evacuation where you're not hurt or in need of emergency medical care, scrubs might work. They don't stretch at all though, and I personally wouldn't find them comfortable to sleep in for that reason. But what happens if you're in the shower when your house catches on fire?

But if you're worried about it, why don't you just put together a "scramble bag". Put in a full set of clothes and shoes, towel, hair brush, toothbrush, and whatever else you think you might want to be presentable, or to live in a neighbor's house for a day. So you could run out of the house naked if need be, then find a tree to hide behind to get dressed. Just keep the bag stored next to the front door or in some central location that you'd have to pass by on your way out. These kind of bags are quite common - I can't tell you how many of these I picked up for pregnant ladies going into labor when they called me to respond with the ambulance. Not talking about a full-on Bug Out Bag, just enough stuff so you could make it to the store to buy more as needed.

#286889 - 10/27/17 01:08 PM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
I need to update my Emergency Pants kit. Thanks for the reminder.

#286890 - 10/27/17 02:10 PM Re: Scrubs [Re: chaosmagnet]
Russ Offline
Geezer

As an FYI -- Carhartt markets Ripstop Multi-cargo Scrub Pants

#286891 - 10/27/17 04:19 PM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

...and keep a spare outfit in the car. ( including shoes)

#286892 - 10/27/17 08:21 PM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

What kind of emergency are you preparing for? Maybe I'm a guy and thus less concerned with modesty, but if I had to run for my life (earthquake, fire, etc), I wouldn't be too worried about how I look. I'd just make sure to grab my keys and wallet so I can get to my car (if my car is still around). I'll use the kit there. In other words, for me scrubs offer no advantage to how I normally wear to sleep. They are also specialized clothing, so it's not like I'd wear them. What am I missing?

#286893 - 10/27/17 08:34 PM Re: Scrubs [Re: Bingley]
Russ Offline
Geezer

I’m coming to the same conclusion. Scrubs as you say are something of a uniform for folks in the medical field (doctors, nurses, et al) and I wouldn’t want to be mistaken. An overnight bag with extra clothes that I already have is an easy thing to throw in the truck. Good idea.

#286896 - 10/27/17 10:16 PM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
If it were me, I would just go to the big blue store and buy some of their inexpensive sweats. They cost about $14 combined for a top and bottom. They come in various colors. Cost efficient. They make you presentable because you aren't in your birthday suit. Uncomplicated. Easy-peasy.

Edited by MoBOB (10/27/17 10:16 PM)

#286898 - 10/27/17 11:06 PM Re: Scrubs [Re: Bingley]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Bingley
What kind of emergency are you preparing for?

Any reason for leaving the house in the middle of the night including but not limited to medical emergency, someone needing help or a disaster that renders your residence unlivable.

Originally Posted By: Bingley
Maybe I'm a guy and thus less concerned with modesty, but if I had to run for my life (earthquake, fire, etc), I wouldn't be too worried about how I look. I'd just make sure to grab my keys and wallet so I can get to my car (if my car is still around). I'll use the kit there. In other words, for me scrubs offer no advantage to how I normally wear to sleep. They are also specialized clothing, so it's not like I'd wear them. What am I missing?

Scrubs are as comfortable as pajamas but, unlike pajamas, scrubs are socially acceptable to wear in public.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 429 Guests and 467 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.