Topic Options
#286900 - 10/28/17 01:37 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
EMPnotImplyNuclear Offline
Enthusiast

Hi wink
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle

Originally Posted By: Bingley
What am I missing?

Scrubs are as comfortable as pajamas but, unlike pajamas, scrubs are socially acceptable to wear in public.

Jeanette Isabelle

Huh?
Pajamas are not socially acceptable to wear in public?
Also, whats a pajama? How is it different from scrubs?

#286903 - 10/28/17 01:48 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: EMPnotImplyNuclear]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: EMPnotImplyNuclear

Pajamas are a type of sleepwear consisting of a top and bottom. Scrubs are comfortable and loose-fitting clothing, typically worn by medical professionals in a medical setting. Scrubs also include a top and bottom.

Jeanette Isabelle

#286904 - 10/28/17 01:58 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
EMPnotImplyNuclear Offline
Enthusiast

Pajamas are a type of sleepwear consisting of a top and bottom. Scrubs are comfortable and loose-fitting clothing, typically worn by medical professionals in a medical setting. Scrubs also include a top and bottom.

Jeanette Isabelle

smile

So pajamas are not comfortable and loose-fitting clothing?

I always thought doctors and nurses wore pajamas,

I don't understand how "scrubs" are different or how one is acceptable and the other isn't.

#286905 - 10/28/17 02:14 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: EMPnotImplyNuclear]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
I figure I can just run out of the house naked. People would be falling all over themselves scrambling to get me covered up and out of sight. With all that donated clothing I probably wouldn't ever have to buy any again.

#286906 - 10/28/17 02:17 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: EMPnotImplyNuclear]
Carpal Tunnel

So pajamas are not comfortable and loose-fitting clothing?

I always thought doctors and nurses wore pajamas,

I don't understand how "scrubs" are different or how one is acceptable and the other isn't.

Pajamas are comfortable and loose-fitting, hence their use as sleepwear.

Scrubs and pajamas look very similar. However, it is socially acceptable to wear scrubs in public but not pajamas.

Jeanette Isabelle

#286907 - 10/28/17 02:19 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: haertig]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: haertig
I figure I can just run out of the house naked. People would be falling all over themselves scrambling to get me covered up and out of sight. With all that donated clothing I probably wouldn't ever have to buy any again.

You are not at all concerned about indecent exposure?

Jeanette Isabelle

#286908 - 10/28/17 02:31 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: haertig

Jeanette Isabelle

If the emergency was so sudden and so severe that I didn't even have time to slip on my pants...then no, I would be not at all be concerned about indecent exposure.

Although in Alaska at this time of the year I might be concerned about exposure to the elements! smile

#286909 - 10/28/17 02:51 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado

I was joking, of course.

However, if the urgency of the situation demanded it, I would have no issues streaking out of my house and standing in my cul-de-sac buck naked.

#286914 - 10/28/17 07:37 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

I don't know whether there is a law protecting naked victims in emergencies/disasters, but even if there isn't, I'm pretty confident that no neighbors or policemen will press charges against someone running for his/her life. However, your just might go viral.

Of course, I don't live in Alaska, where it's a lot colder and, well, under such conditions if a guy runs out buck naked, he may give people a certain wrong impression like George Costanza.

There are lots of comfortable stuff you can wear to bed that would look OK in an emergency. Don't let us stop you.

#286916 - 10/28/17 11:56 AM Re: Scrubs [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
adam2 Offline
Addict

Loc: Somerset UK
Here in the UK there are laws against public indecency, but these are enforced with common sense. I have never heard of anyone fleeing a fire or other emergency being charged with indecency if naked.
Prosecutions for indecency are usually against drunken youths who strip in public for a dare or as a protest.

Almost no one in the UK admits to wearing pyjamas, very last century you know ! Yet millions of the garments are sold and someone must wear them.

I would consider pajamas or scrubs to suitable for nightwear, and either may be worn outside of the home in an emergency, even if not socially acceptable normally.

If however one is keeping clothing to hand for quick donning in an emergency, rather than for regular night time wear, then I would suggest that stretch garments are easier to put on in a hurry. Sweatshirt and sweatpants, or cotton jersey pajamas. Preferably garments with no obvious front or back, in order that they may be worn either way round without looking daft.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.