Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#286894 - 10/27/17 09:09 PM Rescued After 3 Months at Sea
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
http://nationalpost.com/news/world/navy-rescues-honolulu-women-who-were-lost-at-sea-for-months

Remarkable. Three months at sea, finally rescued, and in good condition.

They obviously had a ton of skills and had prepared for the worst with a massive stash of food and water.

Though I'll bet that after 30 days they would have gladly exchanged their life savings for a PLB.

#286895 - 10/27/17 09:33 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
gonewiththewind Offline
Veteran

Many good preps, not complete though. It seems that comms were their primary downfall.

#286899 - 10/28/17 12:09 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

They were sort of attacked by sharks. Is this a known behavior? Using boats to train little sharks how to hunt?

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20171027%2F591e5ff6-39a3-4205-a32f-a3c4984920af

#286901 - 10/28/17 01:44 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
I would maintain a high index of suspicion over this one. Lots of things that don't quite add up.

First off, they are drifting around aimlessly in a sailboat, why not raise the sails? Do they even know how to sail?

The motor quit? Did they start on such a long voyage with no tools or spare parts for the engine? Were they planning to motor the whole way? Seems a bit improbable. Carrying enough fuel to motor that far in that boat seems a bit problematic.

A years worth of food for both themselves and two dogs, a water maker, and lots of flares, but no EPIRB or SSB radio?

Over at Cruisers Forum there are some highly experienced sailors. Some have made the particular voyage in question. The old salts there (who actually know something about long distance cruising) are highly skeptical on their thread.

The whole thing smells very fishy to me (pun intended).

EDIT: More questions from the video:
A Force 11 storm on the first night, that lasted for 2 nights and 3 days? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? That is one step below a hurricane. Should be easy to see if there were conditions like that on that date near Hawaii?

Didn't think they could survive another 24 hours? Really? They looked pretty healthy and well fed to me.

The boat was too big to get into Kiribati lagoon? Sounds pretty bogus to me.

Devils Triangle? Where boats go in but don't come out?

Cans don't work?

This whole story is just too weird for me.

Edited by AKSAR (10/28/17 02:23 AM)

#286902 - 10/28/17 01:48 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
EMPnotImplyNuclear Offline
Enthusiast

Hi
Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
They obviously had a ton of skills and had prepared for the worst with a massive stash of food and water.

Seems their stash wasn't as big as they thought it was :|
Originally Posted By: http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20171027%2F591e5ff6-39a3-4205-a32f-a3c4984920af
As the months passed, the pair discovered they were going through their food much faster than they had anticipated. Ninety percent was gone by the time they were rescued, some of it having been fed to their dogs after their pet food supply ran out.

Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout
Though I'll bet that after 30 days they would have gladly exchanged their life savings for a PLB.

What is special about 30 days?

#286910 - 10/28/17 03:12 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: AKSAR]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: AKSAR
I would maintain a high index of suspicion over this one. Lots of things that don't quite add up.

I am a certified landlubber, and absolutely defer to those who know the right questions to ask.

This is an initial report (and media do tend to follow a script, 'cause that's easier, and suckers like me always click on feel-good stories ;-). No doubt the dirt will come out in the wash.

#286911 - 10/28/17 03:17 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: EMPnotImplyNuclear]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: EMPnotImplyNuclear
What is special about 30 days?

Just a number, tossed out in casual conversation.

Only the occupants of the boat know the real number. But I'll bet there is one. wink

#286912 - 10/28/17 03:43 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: AKSAR]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Thanks AKSAR. That cruisersforum thread has a good discussion and brings up points I didn’t consider. I was totally stumped by the fact they set off from Hawaii on their way to Tahiti and ended up southeast of Japan. There seems to be a lot of story missing.

Dogs seemed happy to be off the boat.

#286913 - 10/28/17 06:55 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Bingley]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
There may be many reasons.
When the boat is dead in the water, the sharks may start to wonder whether that´s food at some point. With ramming and test bites they try to find out whether the vessel is food and still alive enough to hurt the shark. The boat has about the right size for a whale carcass.
Some species are territorial and keep other potential predators out of their territory.
Last but not least bait fish may seek shelter under the boat. Sharks may collide with the boat when hunting for the bait fish.

#286915 - 10/28/17 11:34 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Russ]
Russ Offline
Geezer

The link provided by Bingley filled a lot of holes from other articles. [url=http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20171027/591e5ff6-39a3-4205-a32f-a3c4984920af]Sailboat survivors recount doomed Pacific voyage[/url] First storm battered the boat and imo they underestimated the damage to the rigging; the boat’s engine was flooded by a second storm. Multiple failures to the comms equipment and navigation was reduced to a handheld GPS. The boats owner (Appel) would like to retrieve and repair the boat [quote]...Their boat, deemed no longer seaworthy, was allowed to drift away after their rescue, although Appel says she hopes she might eventually retrieve and repair it....[/quote] —

#286917 - 10/28/17 02:35 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Russ]
Russ Offline
Geezer

I was thinking about this “rescue” while walking the dog this morning. Since I’ve been considering a sailboat, there are lessons in the misfortune of others.

1. Learn to deal with bad weather. There are books such as the Storm Tactics Handbook... which might be a good place to start.

2. Learn to inspect and fix your rigging at sea. From what I read, sail power may have been compromised early and if so should maybe have triggered an abort and return to Hawaii.

3. A radio install isn’t complete until it’s tested at sea. I’ve seen a number of issues with new gear failing because of an inadequate installation of perfectly good equipment. People replace a problem radio only to discover the new radio doesn’t work either. It’s a system; the antennas, connectors, cables and grounding points are part of that system. Sailing the Pacific, good HF comms should be required, a satellite phone would be nice. For emergency situations, an EPIRB or PLB should also be included.

4. Assuming they had charts, navigation was not their problem; the handheld GPS they had will determine your location to within 20 feet; in the middle of the Pacific celestial navigation with 5 mile accuracy is adequate. One sailor on the SF-HI solo TransPac used a cheap plastic training sextant as his primary nav. You really only need the GPS when you get close to a destination to back-up/correct your cel-nav. (Just stay well clear of any shoals.)

That’s a start, but ...
5. Dogs?? I like dogs too which is why I wouldn’t take them on a Trans-Pac. The space for their food now becomes space for more of my food.

#286922 - 10/28/17 06:10 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Russ]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

This whole story reeks of bull-ony. For example, take the "Force 11" storm that went on for 3 days and 2 nights. Over on Cruiser's Forum (which I linked to earlier), someone actually checked what the conditions were at that time. See posts 102, 103, and 104 in that thread. Turns out it was great sailing weather during that entire period. Nothing even remotely resembling a Force 11 storm.

See post #92 in the above Cruisers Forum for a interview with the two. How about them sharks, who spent days studying their behavior and planning their attack? It turns out one of the two is a "business woman, actress, and adventurer".

The whole story smells like a publicity stunt.

Edited by AKSAR (10/28/17 06:20 PM)

#286923 - 10/28/17 07:22 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: AKSAR]
Russ Offline
Geezer

I don’t want to judge motives, but their own words say that they didn’t have enough experience for that trip. According to the article at Sailboat survivors recount doomed Pacific voyage Appel had been sailing the Hawaiian Island’s for 10 years and yet short of the boat actually sinking, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Owning a boat and day sailing on and off for 10 years does not equate to being an experienced sailor.

I wonder if the Ashland’s crew dipped the fuel tank to see if there was any fuel remaining — maybe, but probably not. Pick up the survivors and hit the road, Ashland still had places to be after that little detour. My gut tells me that somewhere southeast of Japan there is a perfectly good 50 foot sailboat waiting to be salvaged.

wiki page for USS_Ashland (LSD-48)
Quote:
...On October 26, 2017, Ashland rescued two American women who were drifting and lost at sea for almost five months (the sailors' sailboat lost engine power early in their voyage). The two Honolulu, Hawaii residents had been sending mayday signals for almost three months until a Taiwanese fishing vessel heard their signal on October 25, 2017. The Taiwanese crew contacted the U.S. Coast Guard in Guam. In a coordinated rescue mission between the U.S. Coast Guard and Navy, Ashland found the two sailors and their two dogs drifting at sea about 900 miles off the coast of Japan. Everyone was in excellent condition because, the boat owners told authorities, they provisioned on board enough food for a year, and an unlimited water supply by using salt water desalination devices.

#286944 - 10/31/17 02:13 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: AKSAR]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
AKSAR is right. Something about this story is not adding up and starting to smell like 6 day old tuna...

The U.S. Coast Guard said Monday that the two Hawaii women who were lost at sea for five months had an emergency beacon aboard their sailboat that was never activated.

U.S. Coast Guard spokesman Lt. Scott Carr told The Associated Press that their review of the incident and subsequent interviews with the survivors revealed that they had the Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) aboard but never turned it on.

Lost sailors did not activate emergency beacon

John Lubbock

#286949 - 10/31/17 03:45 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Teslinhiker]
Russ Offline
Geezer

That article definitely indicates their story makes no sense and doesn't match up to reality. No storm and they had an EPIRB, the story doesn’t hold water. But what was their motivation? Attention? Publicity? There is such a thing as bad publicity. Is there maybe a story-line for a bad made-for-TV-movie?

#286952 - 10/31/17 11:06 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Teslinhiker]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Even more inconsistencies are being revealed about this bizarre story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/lost-at-sea-women-dogs-1.4379649

John Lubbock

#286953 - 10/31/17 11:56 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Teslinhiker]
bws48 Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
I find the June radio contact reported in the article, wherein the captain reported that they were not in distress and expected to make land fall the next morning in Tahiti, to be pretty damaging to their story.

Also, reports on tv news this am claim that she said that she would have used the EPRIB only if they were in immediate danger (or words to that effect). Yet on rescue, she also said that they "would have been dead within 24 hours" if they had not been rescued. What?????? dead in 24 hours is not immediate danger???

#286954 - 10/31/17 12:29 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
bws48 Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Found another article that cites additional inconsistent actions, like not turning back, bypassing an island where they could have made repairs, and setting a destination farther away than their original.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5033909/Lost-sailors-did-not-activate-emergency-beacon.html

#286955 - 10/31/17 01:40 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: bws48]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/questi...-sea/ar-AAugiZk

Apparently they carried an EPIRB on board....I think AKSAR called this one correctly.

#286956 - 10/31/17 02:20 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: hikermor]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Yep, he sure did. I am way to trusting. But now that we know more and that they traveled much further, (Cook Islands?)

How did the Coast Guard know about the EPIRB? Have they been on the boat since USS Ashland “rescued” the “sailors”? I really think someone should salvage that boat; take some diesel fuel along ‘cause I have a feeling the fuel tanks are empty...

Funny, with her 10 years experience sailing in the Hawaiian Islands, Appel was unfamiliar with harbors on the island of Hawaii (the big island), Maui or Lanai. They also passed by Christmas Island. I wonder when videos of their ordeal start showing up on YouTube.

#286960 - 10/31/17 04:52 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Russ]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

The funny thing is that in these cases I'm usually one who says "...the press usually gets these things wrong...let's give them the benefit of the doubt until we have more info..." or words to that effect. However, in the two interviews I watched their very own words seemed so full of improbabilities and inconsistencies that I had to wonder, like the 3 day Force 11 storm one day out of Hawaii, not being able to survive another 24 hours, and the "Devils Triangle". Then the old salts on Cruiser's Forum, many of whom have experience doing extended voyages in those waters, soon started to pick apart their story.

One story said:
Quote:
Appel said they carried two GPS units; one failed and they had to rely on the hand-held model for the entire voyage.
They also had a new VHF radio, a ham radio, a weather satellite and a radio telephone. She says none worked, and they apparently had a communications failure with their new antenna.
They also carried a satellite phone that she said never seemed to connect.
She says they had six ways to communicate with multiple backups, and none functioned properly.
I find that hard to believe.

Regarding the EPIRB, those are registered, listing the owner and boat. I'm sure one of the first things the Coast Guard did when the story broke was to check their records. Whereupon they found that boat and owner did have a registered EPIRB. One of the articles someone linked up thread said the Coast Guard asked them about it and the women admitted they had one but didn't activate it.

As to motivation, who knows. A book and movie deal maybe? Help for a failing actress's career? Whatever it was, their story started to fall apart from the moment they were first interviewed on the Navy ship.

#286964 - 10/31/17 05:58 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
Russ Offline
Geezer

There’s another version of the tale at: Inconsistencies... I’ll wait to watch this on the SyFy Channel, no reason for paying to watch it on the big screen wink

#286968 - 10/31/17 11:30 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
jshannon Offline
Addict

Loc: North Texas
Looking for a book deal I suppose.

#286969 - 11/01/17 12:23 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: AKSAR]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

There will likely be some unfortunate side effects from this whole incident.

Blue water sailing has traditionally been a male dominated field. But nowadays there are many fine woman sailors who can hold their own on any boat, in any waters. Unfortunately, many uninformed people will probably see these two idiots as representative of all women sailors.

Likewise, this incident will doubtless be used as ammunition by those who think that anyone (male or female) who undertakes long adventurous voyages in small boats is an irresponsible fool.

#286972 - 11/01/17 01:50 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: AKSAR]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I trust that your concerns are not well founded. Any activity may have shysters and cheats of either sex, and it would not be logical to condemn any category or group simply because of a unique incident like this. it merely shows that we are all human and that we encompass individuals with flaws.

I hope so,anyway....

#286973 - 11/01/17 03:35 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: AKSAR]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: AKSAR
Unfortunately, many uninformed people will probably see these two idiots as representative of all women sailors.

I am very uninformed when it comes to sailing.

I would certainly not blame all women sailors, all sailors in general, or any group.

The only folks to blame are the two liars who made up this whole story. Throw 'em overboard, come back in two weeks, and see if they have a more believable story to tell at that time.

Quote:
Likewise, this incident will doubtless be used as ammunition by those who think that anyone (male or female) who undertakes long adventurous voyages in small boats is an irresponsible fool.

There are fools, and then there are liars. Two different things. Some people who undertake long adventurous voyages may indeed be fools, but the majority are not. I doubt many fools would have the brain power to earn enough money to finance one of these long sailing adventures. They can't be inexpensive. So my assumption is that most people who engage in these kind of adventures are pretty dang smart and well to do. Idiots can't manage that. These ladies aren't fools. They are liars.

#286977 - 11/01/17 11:01 AM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
Ren Offline
Addict

Loc: Wales, UK

#286978 - 11/01/17 12:15 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Ren]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Thanks for that, “Unreasonably Dangerous Onion Rings” shredded the story like an angry cat shredding toilet paper — visual aid is in the link. Really, it’s a good and thorough analysis of the 5 month ordeal — but long, now I’m running late wink

#286979 - 11/01/17 02:48 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Ren]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Ren

Enjoyable read, although at least a few of his assumptions my be off. For example, he makes a big deal about the Survivor 06, which I agree doesn't add up. Designed for small life raft use, it has limited output as noted. But it is as likely or more likely to have either been a larger Survivor 35, a more common back-up for a boat, or manual operation of the boat's electrically powered desalintor.

Also, while i agree that a well found boat could be launched in a week on a similar voyage, fact is most such voyages are years in the making, so i think that is way off.

Having said all that, to more information that comes out, more I have to agree with the assessment that this is a BS survival story.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#286980 - 11/01/17 03:13 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: haertig]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: haertig
I doubt many fools would have the brain power to earn enough money to finance one of these long sailing adventures. They can't be inexpensive. So my assumption is that most people who engage in these kind of adventures are pretty dang smart and well to do.
It is a common misconception that all blue water sailors are well to do. While this kind of voyaging isn't cheap, it can be done for much than one might think. One could buy a capable 40-50 ft world cruiser, used but in decent shape, for under $200K. Sometimes much less if one is willing and able to put time and money into a refit. One sees a fair number of folks who retire and sell their paid off house, put part of the proceeds into a good used boat, and head out on a world cruise.

Before embarking on their big adventure, most of these folks have developed their sailing skills over the years by weekend and vacation sailing in smaller boats in coastal areas. Over the years they've also developed the knowledge and skills to cope with at sea emergencies. They've also learned to make at sea repairs when something breaks, as inevitably it will. And they have the good sense to activate the EPIRB on those rare occasions when things have gotten beyond their ability to deal with.

#286981 - 11/01/17 03:33 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

$200K? Why, even my butler makes more than that! These cruisers are truly priced for the masses. I must be more skeptical of my fellow yacht club members from now on. One can never be too careful! I shudder to imagine hoi polloi traversing the seven seas with my peers! How many monocles will they need?

#286983 - 11/01/17 04:32 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: Bingley]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Bingley
$200K? Why, even my butler makes more than that! These cruisers are truly priced for the masses. I must be more skeptical of my fellow yacht club members from now on. One can never be too careful! I shudder to imagine hoi polloi traversing the seven seas with my peers! How many monocles will they need?
Exactly my point Bing. If you could just bring yourself to forego the butler, you could put the money you would have paid him into a good boat and sail the seven seas! smile

Seriously, you did note that I said they retire, sell the house, and buy a boat, did you not? By the way, have you priced a big RV lately? I see lots of old geezers driving those big "road whales" around the country. We see lots of them here in AK every summer, who drive up the Alcan. A good boat doesn't go for that much more than one of those things. And wind is significantly cheaper than gasoline (especially gas on the Alcan).

Edited by AKSAR (11/01/17 05:46 PM)

#286994 - 11/02/17 08:54 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: AKSAR]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

How a real sailor handles problems at sea

In July, Australian Lisa Blair became the first woman to circumnavigate Antarctica, solo. Her original intent was to do it in one continuous push, and break the speed record for this voyage.

However, in 40 knot winds and 7-9 meter seas, her boat was dismasted. She notified authorities with a "Pan Pan" radio call. A Pan Pan means I have serious problems, but not immediately life threatened. A sort of "stand by, I may need help but not just yet" message.

She ultimately took on extra fuel from another ship, jury rigged a new mast, and motor sailed to Cape Town and repaired the boat. She then returned to the point where she had been dismasted, and completed the rest of her circumnavigation of Antarctica. It is instructive, and inspiring to read her blog posts about planning the jury rig, and building the jury rig.

Even for non-sailors, I think it is instructive to see what a determined, skilled person can do to turn a survival situation into a successful venture.

On planning:
Quote:
After the stress of the fuel transfer yesterday I was absolutely shattered, both mentally and physically. As soon as the fuel was stowed and the boat was safely motoring north I went to bed and fell into a deep deep sleep.  I needed to wake to maintain my required sked with MRCC Cape Town, but that was the only thing I needed to wake up for. So after going to bed at sunset, I didn’t arise until after the sun was up.  After such a long sleep, I was beginning to feel human again and decided to tackle the day with positive attitude.  There is not much that I let get me down in life and the experiences of the last few days are just bumps in the road.  You can go over them, around them or through them but you always get past them.  This to me is no different.  I hope in no time at all this bump will be behind me and I will be able to continue sailing away.
On that note, today was a day focused on building my jury rig and starting to sail.  I have to say that it is quite a lot of work building a jury rig. You really need to think of everything, as once you get it up you really don’t want to have to lower it again just because you forgot to tie a rope on...  So today was one of planning and starting the process of getting my boom vertical so I can sail with my storm sails and assist my little motor towards Cape Town.
On building the jury rig:
Quote:
I had finished clearing the decks off yesterday, so today was all about running the guide ropes that I will need to hoist the mast.  I also needed to angle grind off the torn weld marks at the base of the boom so that I would prevent the boom from doing more damage to the hull.  This was the first task that I started with and ended up with me covered in metal shavings but the job was a success and I now have a boom that is a smooth as a baby’s bottom. 
I also needed to drill out the shackle attachment point for the old topping lift point.  At the moment, it would only allow me to put a small to medium shackle in the hole however this was going to be the place that I attached my backstay, running backstays and side shrouds, so I needed to make sure that this was going to be strong.  So, I drilled out the hole to make it large enough to fit one of my large 10 Ton shackles.

#286995 - 11/02/17 09:26 PM Re: Rescued After 3 Months at Sea [Re: dougwalkabout]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Good share, AKSAR. Very interesting stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 309 Guests and 86 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.