Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#285731 - 08/29/17 05:15 AM CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot!
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Hopefully this is okay to post here. Woot.com is selling the Ritter RSK Mk5 right now for $8.99! shocked Woot is owned by Amazon and they fulfill this order so I'm fairly sure it's not a counterfeit but the real item. Probably they will go fast so if you're interested check them out!

#285741 - 08/29/17 11:56 AM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
gonewiththewind Offline
Veteran

Thanks for the heads up! You must be using the app to make this purchase, but it is easy, especially if you have an Amazon account.

#285756 - 08/29/17 04:37 PM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I didn't have the app but I downloaded it. That allowed me to put them in my cart (I bought the max, 3) and then I was able to check out on my PC. But the woot app is handy since I always hit their site right at midnite when new deals post. grin

#285758 - 08/29/17 05:32 PM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Quantity I needed: 0

Quantity I ordered: 3

Thanks for the heads up!

p.s. - I wonder why they would require you to use the app rather than their website? No good can come from that. I'm sure there is something slightly questionable that they can do with the app that is harder to do with the website. Maybe enhanced tracking of you or something similar.

I installed the app, ordered using a single-use online-generated can-only-be-charged-once CC number from my bank, then uninstalled the app.

#285788 - 08/30/17 05:13 AM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hahaha! I didn't *** need *** any more, either! wink But that's a screamin' bargain, especially as I already had some stuff in my Woot! cart. Nice thing about Woot! is that the whole order ships for five bucks no matter how much you buy.

This is the first time I've ever seen something that requires the app. I used to have the app, then got a new phone and didn't get around to replacing it. Just to clarify- you need the app to put them in the cart but not to check out. If you already have a Woot! account, and c'mon- you should!- then add it to cart with the app then finish the transaction on your regular computer.

I already have one but at that price it's a no-brainer.

#285797 - 08/30/17 06:51 PM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Yep.The RSK Mk5 is being discontinued, so get 'em now if you want one. It had a good run, but every product has a life cycle.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#285805 - 08/31/17 03:08 AM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Wow! Really? It's a classic! But I can kind of see why maybe it has run its course. For a long time it was really the only option out there for a very small knife but lately (and probably in part due to it's success) it seems there are a fair number of new small knives on the market.

Of the RSK Mk 5 I once opined that there are knives I like more at the price point, and small knives that I like more, but no other small knife at this price point is worth owning. It had a great run and will continue to give good service in many many kits for years to come. I plan on adding a couple of the ones I just ordered to a pair of Pocket Survival Paks.

Will the slightly larger model still be available?

That reminds me that I still need to score a folder in M390 while they still have a few.

Thank you very much, Doug, for all you have done to advance knife rights and to improve the general state of the breed of survival knives. I think the entire survival knife market owes you a debt of gratitude for the work you did to improve the state of survival knives.

#285823 - 08/31/17 10:47 PM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Thanks for your kind words. The RSK Mk6 was discontinued last year.

The issue for any of these knives manufactured in China is that the order minimums to get to a price point are HUGE! So, once demand tapers off, they have to calculate how many YEARS worth they would be buying and how that money tied up in slow moving inventory is better invested. <shrug> Is what it is.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#285834 - 09/01/17 10:21 PM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Mine arrived today. They are the real deal, not counterfeit copies. Very nice little knives!

#285836 - 09/01/17 10:31 PM Re: CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5 at Woot! [Re: Phaedrus]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hopefully mine will be here soon as well!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.