The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#285703 - 08/28/17 04:04 PM Choose One World To Live In
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas

It's not on the list; worlds I like to live in are Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei.

Jeanette Isabelle

#285724 - 08/29/17 12:44 AM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
With only a few to pick from that I recognize, it would be Star Trek all the way. You're pretty much guaranteed to live a long life and not get killed, unless you happen to be some unnamed ensign who wears the signature "I will die soon" red shirt uniform. Those guys, usually from the Security Division, get thrown to the aliens routinely. So I'd want to go in as a yellow shirt command officer.

#285725 - 08/29/17 12:57 AM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: haertig]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: haertig
With only a few to pick from that I recognize, it would be Star Trek all the way.

Is there any world not on the list you would like to live?

Jeanette Isabelle

#285726 - 08/29/17 01:45 AM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
A fun topic! grin I'm a geek but even I am not familiar with all of those worlds. Many of them are from my favorite games and films. But many of them would be brutal and unpleasant places to live out your short life! Resident Evil is awesome but depending on the source/time it could be a horrible existence followed by a horrible death! The world of LotR would be potentially awesome with magic and elves but again, it would depend on what point on the timeline you occupied. The Star Wars universe would be pretty cool with tech bordering on magic and possibly learning to use the Force. And did I mention lightsabers? Yay, lightsabers! grin But very few folks are Jedi or can use the Force, so my odds of getting my own purple 'saber might be slim.

Of those listed I would choose Star Trek, especially if it's Star Trek-TNG! To me that is a utopian paradise, about the best future we could even fantasize about! Poverty, want and inequality no longer exist and money seems to have become obsolete. There are still a few diseases that they can't seem to cure but for the most part medical technology borders on magic and people live long healthy lives. Not only did SETI bear fruit but it bore and entire Federation comprising dozens if not hundreds of alien species and worlds. And of course...warp travel! We've slipped the bonds of normal physics and learned to travel fast enough to travel to the stars effortlessly.

For me Star Trek embodies all the hopes and dreams of mankind, so that's my choice!

#285729 - 08/29/17 02:46 AM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Is there any world not on the list you would like to live?

Gilligan's Island. Seriously!

#285730 - 08/29/17 02:56 AM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: Phaedrus]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Of those listed I would choose Star Trek, especially if it's Star Trek-TNG!

Second the motion! Any universe that contains Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troy) has got to be wonderful.

#285734 - 08/29/17 06:05 AM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
From those listed: Startrek (I don´t wear red shirts anyway)
Not listed: the world of Lexx

#285760 - 08/29/17 06:01 PM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: hikermor]
bws48 Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Originally Posted By: hikermor
Of those listed I would choose Star Trek, especially if it's Star Trek-TNG!

Second the motion! Any universe that contains Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troy) has got to be wonderful.

+1

#285770 - 08/29/17 09:27 PM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Side note: I may be the only here who shares a name with a medical ship, the USS Jeannette Isabelle (NCC-6199).

http://deepspacepat.blogspot.com/2015/10/emvtw-36-uss-grissom-ncc-638-oberth.html

Jeanette Isabelle

#285789 - 08/30/17 05:14 AM Re: Choose One World To Live In [Re: M_a_x]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Originally Posted By: M_a_x
From those listed: Startrek (I don´t wear red shirts anyway)
Not listed: the world of Lexx

I loved Lexx but I'm not sure I'd want to live there. Unless my time was spent with a certain cluster-lizard/love-slave! grin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.