Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#285200 - 07/29/17 12:20 AM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Today I got two more first aid kits. The Curad first aid kit has a real finger splint, not a tongue depressor.

http://curad.com/product/complete-first-aid-kit/

The Rapid Care kit includes Water-Jel products.

I have no plans modifying these kits at this time.

Edit: I furthered examined both kits and I have nothing new to add regarding the Curad first aid kit except for the self-adhesive bandages: Except for the 2" x 4" strips, all self-adhesive are in one box, unorganized. I have seen kit manufacturers doing it this way before but never when there are as many as eleven different sizes. I don't see how a person can find the right size bandage without dumping out the entire box.

Upon further examination of the Rapid Care kit, I discovered another positive. The expiration dates of the limited life items are easy to find and easy to read. This is especially useful if you have to keep track of a lot of supplies. The drawbacks are the tape and scissors. The amount of tape provided is minimal. It's hard to determine if the amount is adequate for this kit. The scissors are as basic as it gets. They look like a smaller version of a pair of scissors in a kids' school supplies. Perhaps the only thing it is good at is cutting tape.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Curad, Rapid Care or Water-Jel.

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (07/31/17 12:18 AM)

#285203 - 07/29/17 01:11 AM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: voyaginator]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: voyaginator
Yes ! Why was the link removed ! ?

I sent you a PM explaining.

chaosmagnet

#285204 - 07/29/17 01:15 AM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle

Why was the other member's post edited by me to remove a link, while this link was left intact?

The decision wasn't random or arbitrary. The link above is not monetized, it's posted by a veteran member with a long history of not spamming the forum, and her post included her own commentary to share with the rest of the forum beyond an expression of satisfaction with the purchase. The link I removed previously in this thread did not have those characteristics.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the policy or how I chose to enforce it in this case.

chaosmagnet

Edited by chaosmagnet (07/29/17 01:17 AM)

#285212 - 07/31/17 11:10 PM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Sometimes I get to use one of my first aid kits. A few minutes ago I managed to reinjure a finger that I don't know how it got injured in the first place.

When you have seven medium to large first aid kits, how do you decide which kit to use? I needed TAO (triple antibiotic ointment). In two of the kits, the TAO expired. Two other kits (one of which I built with surplus merchandise) never had any. That left me with three. I used the oldest of those three to rotate the stock.

Jeanette Isabelle

#285222 - 08/02/17 08:21 PM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I got more medical supplies today and learned two things: One, non-stick pads are not the same thing as non-adherent pads. Two, 2" medical tape does not work as well as the 1", not for me at least. I'll stick with the 1" tape from now on.

Jeanette Isabelle

#285228 - 08/03/17 03:38 AM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
deleted, sorry to have imposed my thoughts

Edited by LesSnyder (08/03/17 01:04 PM)

#285232 - 08/03/17 12:00 PM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: LesSnyder]
Carpal Tunnel

I have my kits grouped by manufacturer: Adventure Medical Kits, TRI, Johnson & Johnson, Jeanette Isabelle, Curad and Rapid Care. Why do I need to consolidate them to one or a few?

If this is about thinking about which kit to use, I did not spend any time thinking about it. I knew which kit to use. It took more time to write about the decision process than it did to decide.

Jeanette Isabelle

#285241 - 08/04/17 12:38 AM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
"One, non-stick pads are not the same thing as non-adherent pads."

What is the difference? Inquiring minds want to know....

#285242 - 08/04/17 12:42 AM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
Non stick pads don't attach to the scab very well and I think non adherence pads have no adhesive areas like a bandaid does.....

Edited by wildman800 (08/04/17 12:43 AM)

#285243 - 08/04/17 12:56 AM Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? [Re: hikermor]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: hikermor
"One, non-stick pads are not the same thing as non-adherent pads."

What is the difference? Inquiring minds want to know....

The best way I know to answer your question is to explain how to use each of them. With the non-adherent pad, apply the pad to the wound, a 3" x 3" or 4" x 4" gauze on top of that and finally secure it with tape or gauze roll. With the non-stick pad, place the pad on the wound and then secure it with tape or gauze roll.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.