Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#284264 - 04/21/17 06:06 AM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Loc: UK
grains and pulses sound the way to go to be foolproof. soya mince meals are light, compact, cheap and protein rich. you need water to make them, but if you can't get that you are dead anyway.

my bug out location however will have nothing but tea and vodka! that's all the major food groups covered :-)

qjs

#284267 - 04/21/17 01:51 PM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I'm bugging out with you! Should I bring sugar?

#284274 - 04/21/17 06:28 PM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

hikermor wrote:
> I'm bugging out with you! Should I bring sugar?

a couple of dancing girls and we'll be good to go!

qjs

#284312 - 04/27/17 06:17 PM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
Pete Offline
Veteran

take a can of meat - or whatever you are investigating - stick it in the freezer of your refrigerator ... and see what happens.

Nothing beats real testing - right?

Pete

#284321 - 04/28/17 07:45 AM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Pete wrote:

> take a can of meat - or whatever you are investigating - stick it in the freezer of your refrigerator ... and see what happens.

Listen pal this isn't Mythbusters, it's 'Equipped to Survive' where denying reality is regarded as a useful survival trait (we aren't allowed to discuss global warming). If you are going to start bringing facts into this...

Seriously often asking the question gets you answers you didn't expect. I didn't know fatty foods and burying a few feet down would be solutions.
Since hikermor and I are only bringing tea and vodka it no longer matters anyway.
You know any dancing girls?

qjs

#284322 - 04/28/17 10:53 AM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: Pete]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Pete
take a can of meat - or whatever you are investigating - stick it in the freezer of your refrigerator ... and see what happens.

Nothing beats real testing - right?

Pete

You will need to take temperature change with the test. That is different than freezing something once. So in freezer, then out and back again....

#284334 - 04/28/17 07:48 PM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
Seriously often asking the question gets you answers you didn't expect.

Thatīs a thing which is really great about this forum. The bundled knowledge is amazing. Some members often bring aspects to the discussion I might have forgotten about. I still learn a lot here.

Since hikermor and I are only bringing tea and vodka it no longer matters anyway.

Unfortunately I do not know any. But I can bring a dreadnought and a blues harp to provide a beat they could dance to.

#284343 - 04/29/17 04:10 AM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Pete wrote:

> take a can of meat - or whatever you are investigating - stick it in the freezer of your refrigerator ... and see what happens.

Listen pal this isn't Mythbusters, it's 'Equipped to Survive' where denying reality is regarded as a useful survival trait (we aren't allowed to discuss global warming). If you are going to start bringing facts into this...

Seriously often asking the question gets you answers you didn't expect. I didn't know fatty foods and burying a few feet down would be solutions.

qjs

Every survival kit should include a mea culpa, with instructions on when to deploy it.

#284365 - 04/30/17 11:24 PM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas

I'll just bring coffee.

Jeanette Isabelle

#284371 - 05/01/17 07:53 AM Re: tinned foots burst when they freeze? [Re: quick_joey_small]
quick_joey_small Offline
Addict

Can you dance Jeanette?

qjs

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.