The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#2841 - 01/23/02 06:12 PM Re: You shouldn't carry a torch out of principle
AyersTG Offline
Veteran

Loc: Upper Mississippi River Valley...
<sigh> I thought this should move to the Campfire Forum...<br><br>I suspect a cultural miscommunication is fanning these flames. Jampot, exactly WHICH country are you practicing your bushcraft in? If it's where I think, there are some concepts and practices which are not familiar to us North Americans.<br><br>Setting that aside, are you aware that some of the sentiments and opinions you've posted are insulting (and worse) to many of us? I'm guessing some miscommunication is running both directions, colloquial language notwithstanding...<br><br>Let's take a time-out on this, folks, please! Lessee, now, where'd I put that fire extinguisher...<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Scouter Tom

#2842 - 01/23/02 06:38 PM Re: You shouldn't carry a torch out of principle *DELETED*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by Chris Kavanaugh

#2843 - 01/23/02 06:48 PM Re: You shouldn't carry a torch out of principle
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"I don't give two sh*ts for the land claims people make..."<br>"I simply don't acknowledge the idea of ownership of..." <br>"...the only rights, in my book..."<br>"I don't recognise the claim..." <br><br>"I guess nothing I would say would make any difference to you anyway." Now THIS statement I agree with.<br><br>Where is that campfire tom??? <br><br>

#2844 - 01/23/02 08:11 PM Re: You shouldn't carry a torch out of principle
inkslngr Offline
Journeyman

Loc: AZ
Man has already gone to far. The environment has been altered to a point that it can no longer be returned to its true prestine and natural state. We struggle daily with the problems of starving herds of deer and elk because man has consumed their natural habitat and forced them into ever smaller ranges incapable of supporting their numbers.<br><br>Native American peoples (as well as natives of many other lands) believe no man can own a piece of the earth (property) and that all men a charged with taking care of the earth and its resources. I see the tenants of your beliefs in these ideals. They are noble and I fault you not. Deep down I think all men yearn for things to be the way you see them and believe they should be, whether they will admit it or not. <br><br>I believe eack person should live and conduct their life as their heart leads them. The errors we commit will be corrected by nature one day. We will hate the taste of the medicine but the cure will be world just as spectacularas it once was.

#2845 - 01/23/02 09:17 PM Enough!
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

OK, this has moved way beyond any discussion of survival skills or equipment into the realm of politics which is not appropriate for Survival Forum discussion. I have moved this thread to Around The Campfire in hopes that it can be salvaged, but if the flames heat up and discussion continues in this vein, I’ll be forced to shut it down and exclude the parties violating our forum rules.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.