Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 52 of 57 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 56 57 >
Topic Options
#301724 - 06/01/23 12:36 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

My understanding of the science agrees with Chaos, AKSAR, and Eugene. I also thought the so-called EMP Shield sounded like a surge protector.

Incidentally, surge protectors apparently have a limited effective lifetime. I'm going to have to replace a few items around the house. I guess that's "what will you do to prep" for me.

#301725 - 06/01/23 12:48 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Eugene]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Eugene
I was meaning more things like your cell phone, battery powered radio, etc.

Yes, it's true that in the case of an EMP, our cell phones, satellite phone, and other battery-powered devices would be rendered useless.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301726 - 06/01/23 01:22 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
In simpler terms, should you avoid using EMP Shield and risk having your appliances damaged by an electromagnetic pulse?

No. I’m saying you should avoid being ripped off by a product that literally cannot do what it says it does. If you want to protect appliances from an EMP, you need to put them someplace where there is no EMP, or use a Faraday cage.

#301727 - 06/01/23 02:30 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: chaosmagnet]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
No. I’m saying you should avoid being ripped off by a product that literally cannot do what it says it does. If you want to protect appliances from an EMP, you need to put them someplace where there is no EMP, or use a Faraday cage.

When I receive the results from a real-world test, I won't be able to post them online.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301732 - 06/03/23 12:14 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

Yesterday, I went shopping and purchased four boxes of Kellogg's Special K cereal, four beef and cheese sticks, some books, art supplies, and a twenty-pack of hangers. The hangers are not essential, but they will allow me to avoid borrowing my mother's hangers every time I need one. Although my mother disagrees, I believe I need more books.

Today, I bought three jars of instant coffee, two containers of non-dairy creamer, four cans of almonds, three packages of cookies, and three 10-count packets of Propel electrolytes.

Jeanette Isabelle

#301753 - 06/06/23 02:56 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
pforeman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Iowa
Not sure where this fits - however, it does tie into the whole forum and web site along with being prepared.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2...lade-ban-n71107

Doug "made the paper" and in a good way. Thanks for working on this and supporting our collective rights.

#301867 - 07/04/23 06:03 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday I bought a 500-piece puzzle, activity books such as sudoku, and mechanical pencils in case of a power outage or no internet.

Subsequently, I have revisited Ollie's on numerous occasions to procure additional puzzle books, meticulously maintained and printed a comprehensive log (currently spanning five pages) to preempt the acquisition of duplicate copies, and meticulously arranged the books in an orderly manner. As the shelves reached maximum capacity, I conducted an assessment to determine which books I wished to retain and which I could donate. Additionally, I explored various measures to optimize shelf space usage.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302040 - 09/10/23 11:49 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

Last week was quite productive for me as I finally completed assembling a fourth set of shelves and successfully stored all the boxes that were previously cluttering my floor. I have been constantly working towards my goal of being more organized and prepared, and with each passing day, I am getting closer to achieving it. It feels satisfying to have made substantial progress towards my objectives.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302043 - 09/19/23 12:31 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

In our corner of the world, which is an arid region, we typically have water tanks below ground, or on ground, and another tank (or set of tanks) ontop of the house building.

So these days I have been busy replacing the ground water tanks with larger capacity (instead of 1500 Liters, we installed 3 tanks that can hold 5500 Liters total). Top 2 tanks (1000 Liters each) were left as is (fearing that additional water weight may harm the house structure).

We have two types of water. One is the "normal" water from the municipality, used for everything, and two: drinking water. So, we installed a multi-purpose water tank (1500 Liters) ontop of an external room. This tank can be (normally) filled straight from municipal water to serve several purposes from garden irrigation to secondary supply for the laundry room and external kitchen sink. In an emergency, however, it can be separated from municipal water pipe, and filled by tanker and serve as an emergency reservoir for drinking water

#302047 - 09/21/23 06:35 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

Today, I assembled a four-cube storage caddy.

My bedroom looks like a storage room with a bed. Therefore, including a new piece of furniture and four figurines placed on top are part of an ongoing process of making my space livable.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 52 of 57 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 56 57 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.