Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 45 of 57 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 56 57 >
Topic Options
#299977 - 09/10/21 03:32 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
paulr Offline
Addict

If you want cheap bright 1aaa lights, try these:

https://sidedeal.com/deals/3-pack-halo-mini-lite-led-flashlights-2

They are 3 for $9 anytime, but they very frequently (like at least 1x a month) go on sale at 3 for $6 on one of meh.com (usually through a "mehrathon"), sidedeal.com/daily , sidedeal.com/bonus , morningsave.com/daily , or morningsave.com/bonus . Those are all pages from the same company: they put 5 things on sale each night starting at midnight EST, but they tend to rotate through the same few dozen items, so stuff like the flashlights keep coming up. You WILL want to put rechargeable AAA's in them, as they are fairly bright but that takes power.

These headlamps are also a good deal, imho:

https://sidedeal.com/deals/2-pack-litezall-mini-headlamps-3

They are also linked in the black diamond headlamp thread.

#299984 - 09/10/21 02:32 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I did use the headlamp this week. I had it for this long, and this was the first time I had a use for it?

I was helping Mom assemble a bike stand. I held the bike stand with one hand, an Allen wrench with another, and I needed a light to align the hole. I happened to have a headlamp, so I used it.

If I had to do it all over again, buy a headlamp to assemble a bike stand, would I? No. I could build the stand with Mom holding a flashlight. Nevertheless, I used a headlamp because I had one.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299988 - 09/10/21 07:47 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

I began taking Vitamin D3, the lacking supplement to help boost my immune system.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300153 - 10/07/21 09:11 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

Today I received my latest shipment: a lice kit, Gold Bond medicated foot powder, and calamine lotion just in case. I also got more petroleum jelly, a box of nitrile gloves, three more ten-packs of 4" x 4" gauze pads, masks (ten-pack), and a bottle of allergy medication.

Today I ordered two twelve packs of lip balm.

#300154 - 10/08/21 01:34 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
This week I did a complete inventory of my two main kits, removing some items, replacing others, and refreshing a few expired OTC meds. I also found a ziploc bag filled with Esbit chunks and crumbs that I’m planning to test outdoors another day.

My hiking bag was borrowed by one of the little Magnets without its contents and several items that were kept in it are currently missing. I suspect that I have them, so I’ll dig around for them this weekend.

EDITED TO ADD: Right after I wrote that I remembered where almost all its contents were and retrieved them. There's a boo-boo kit missing, but I think I know where it is.

In other news, I need to straighten up my home office.

Edited by chaosmagnet (10/08/21 01:50 AM)

#300156 - 10/08/21 02:56 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
groo Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Florida
* Installed 7 new smoke detectors. The new wireless first alert detectors are pretty cool.They're networked together and can be assigned unique locations which are given in the voice alert. ("Warning! Smoke detected in LIVING ROOM. Evacuate!")

* My wool blankets for the winter car kit arrived.
* My AA LED flashlight for the winter car kit arrived (Streamlight Dualie, 3AA. So far, I really like it.)
* My LED lanterns for the house (power failures) arrived.

The theme for the next few weeks is to get a first class car kit put together and in the car.

Anyone recommend a 12V air compressor? I'm about to switch from run flats to normal tires and there's no place for a spare. I'm including a couple of cans of fixaflat and a tire plug kit.

#300161 - 10/08/21 08:05 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
* washed the fleece blankets in my car kit (winter is comming)
* checked the gas canisters for my kits with canister stove
* did a test run for my new Trangia 27 HA set (the mac´n´cheese was tasty)
* rotated perishables in my meal packs
* did a test run for my Bushbox XL twig stove (the grilled sausage was delicious, grilling a nice cut of beef was not redundant and once it was grilled it had to be enjoyed)

#300162 - 10/08/21 08:12 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: groo]
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: groo

Anyone recommend a 12V air compressor? I'm about to switch from run flats to normal tires and there's no place for a spare. I'm including a couple of cans of fixaflat and a tire plug kit.

I went for a mechanical pump. The 12V compressors are usually designed to top off and not for a complete fill. They tend to require several cooling cycles for complete fills. With the mechanical pump it only depends on your stamina.

#300163 - 10/08/21 11:34 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: groo]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: groo

I’ve never had a 12V air compressor fail on me. I have one that I picked up at a garage sale 20+ years ago that still works, although we don’t currently keep it in a car. Each of our cars has a 12V “jump pack” with a built-in air compressor.

While I would do what you’re doing, I haven’t had a single good experience with Fix-A-Flat. Hopefully you’ll never have a flat, or you’ll solve problems with your tire plug kit (which I also carry).

#300165 - 10/08/21 09:30 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
RayW Offline
Addict

Loc: Orlando, FL
Personally, I have an ARB twin under the passenger seat of the truck which I highly recommend. But it is overkill for most. Viair, https://www.viaircorp.com/ has some more economical choices for occasional use. For plugs, Safety Seal makes the best I have used. https://safetyseal.com/ I have no affiliation with these companys other than I have used lots of safety seal plugs and several friends have used and recommended viair compressors. I will also echo Chaosmagnet's sentiments on fix-a-flat, I've never had very good luck with it and would only use it as a last resort.

Page 45 of 57 < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 56 57 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.