Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#278803 - 01/14/16 02:25 PM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

I don't really change my EDC much. GOt a different phone and it now rides in a different pocket, because it's too big.

Other then that; I think I need a wallet. Parts are worn to the point that I actually getting more pockets in it. Since I replaced my EU drivers license and my old car registration papers to the new fancy creditcard size ones, I'm thinking of getting those fancy card holder wallet thingies, but they never have a pocket for change...

#278804 - 01/14/16 02:51 PM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: Tjin]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
I don't change much, just transition from one set to another. Requirements haven't realy changed despite all the issues in the news. As for no change pocket -- I carry a separate change holder for coins and small bills; the wallet is for ID, credit cards and large bills only. If there's no need for large bills, I don't need remove the wallet from its pocket.

G19 is the only pistol I've carried, with just the mag in the pistol.

#278812 - 01/14/16 06:37 PM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: Tjin]
Alex Offline
Old Hand

Loc: -
I'm using these http://www.ebay.com/itm/262062018808 for quite a while (got the second one in 5 years, as their locking mechanism goes bad eventually). Great for chip cards, as it works as a Faraday cage for them. Fits some bills as well. All the change I'm carrying is 4 quarters, just for a coin phone, I guess, along with 5x$20s in a secret emergency stash.

(you may want to search there for the model with ribs on one side, it's sturdier)

#278819 - 01/15/16 05:23 AM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
acropolis5 Offline
Enthusiast

TeacherRO: Adding an extra cell phone battery is a fine idea. I use a IPhone 6. I've fitted it with a Mophie 120% battery case. It enlarges the phone to about the next size up IPhone. But it's always there, ready and fully charged. No need for a seperate spare battery. May be a solution for you,too.

#278821 - 01/15/16 06:35 AM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
The P30 is an awesome sidearm! I carry mine frequently. But if you want something a smidge easier to conceal you might try a P2000. It gives you 90% of the capability in a package that's a fair bit more concealable due to the slightly shorter grip. It's still large enough to get a full grip on. The P30sk is another great option and one I don't have yet.

Carrying two mags is gonna be a challenge! I carry a single spare mag in a Safariland 123 Horizontal Mag Pouch. Very comfortable, easy to hide and unobtrusive. IMO it doesn't look like a mag pouch which is a plus.

#278823 - 01/15/16 12:29 PM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Most of the time I have a concealment garment like a sportcoat, sweatshirt, or an untucked polo. Spare magazines for the Shield are small. Changing to a dual mag carrier is easy (although the one I have doesn't go on or off the belt as easily as the single mag carrier I've been using).

When the concealment holster comes for the Compact the weight of the full-size magazines may be an issue. We'll see.

#278833 - 01/15/16 09:19 PM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: chaosmagnet]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
I'm looking at this setup for the P30, and also for whatever other firearm I may choose for carry OWB in the future (mag carrier would match the holster, this photo doesn't show that):

http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/

Edited by haertig (01/16/16 07:04 PM)
Edit Reason: Fixed incorrect picture of mag holder

#278834 - 01/15/16 10:02 PM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: haertig]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: haertig
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
My primary carry pistol right now is an S&W M&P Shield.

Great choice. This is the number #1 pistol I recommend to others for concealed carry. I love shooting them. And it's the one I would buy for myself if I were replacing my current carry pistol, which I purchased long before the Shield was released, with another single-stack. Had the Shield been available at the time I purchased, the Shield would have gotten my money instead.

But now, with all that's going on in the world, I'm considering something with higher capacity than the Shield. The M&P Compact was at the top of my list, until I bought that P30, and fell in love with it. I'd have to compare the M&P Compact vs. the P30SK side-by-side before making a decision. The M&P is a compact holding 12+1 (in 9mm). The H&K is a subcompact holding 10+1. My current carry is a subcompact 7+1. The S&W compact wins in capacity, but the H&K wins in ergonomics, fit & finish. But the S&W Compact is nothing to sneeze at. It is a very nice and accurate pistol too. And a lot cheaper than the H&K. The thing about the H&K P30 ... once you put one in your hand, you just can't let it go. It immediately sucks the money right out of your wallet (and it sucks pretty hard, BTW!) The best fitting pistol (for my hand) that I've ever fired.

I originally wanted the shield but no one had them in stock at the time so I settelednon the 9c. Turns out I was happy with it as its size is plenty small enough. I have a desantis holster which has a slot for the second magazine.

I want to get a nice edc light, anyone use the Stream light that is USB chargeable, normally I prefer AA but since I carry microusb already that might work fine.

#278835 - 01/15/16 11:36 PM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: Eugene]
Alex Offline
Old Hand

Loc: -
Eugene, you can have both (AA + micro USB): http://www.ebay.com/itm/271612539290 (I saw 1500mAh as well). There is a quirk with these though, you canot use a regular AA charger, these have a special charging ring around the positive tip, which accepts a special 5V charger.

#278837 - 01/16/16 02:38 AM Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
The 9c is a fantastic pistol. My wife took mine and it was with no small amount of glee that I bought myself another.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 353 Guests and 64 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.