Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#278318 - 12/30/15 06:25 AM Re: WW III [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
acropolis5 Offline
Enthusiast

" I do not know with what weapons WW III will be fought, but WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

#278323 - 12/30/15 03:17 PM Re: WW III [Re: Pete]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Pete
well, if you're going to challenge me to get semi-serious about this topic.

I'm taking this seriously and for that reason we need to lighten the mood a bit.

Jeanette Isabelle

#278324 - 12/30/15 03:22 PM Re: WW III [Re: LesSnyder]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
you may want to choose your hobbies wisely

I have an unusual hobby that will come in handy. I build and modify first aid kits.

Jeanette Isabelle

#278330 - 12/30/15 06:48 PM Re: WW III [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I have gone over this thread again. As I have said, "I don't believe WW III will throw the entire civilization back to the Stone Age. A worst-case scenario I foresee is certain places would be uninhabitable."

Originally Posted By: Pete
I will be driving through a bunch of countries soon ... many are on the "Not Recommended" travel list.

As I have said in other threads, the most I can realistically prepare for is three months. If the distribution system cannot be reestablished within that time, we may nave to leave the country. I'm on some much-needed medications. Therefore I can't live off the land. As crazy as it may sound now, when that storm blows through, the safest place to be is in the eye of the storm . . . Israel.

Jeanette Isabelle

#278441 - 01/03/16 04:29 AM Re: WW III [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Pete Offline
Veteran

Jeanette

I respect you for trying to prepare and for also looking after your mother. I do think that the people at your Synagogue might be of some real assistance in a true emergency. The most important thing that we never talk about on this forum - the value of having a support network of people around you.

I would have to think that Florida has some type of emergency plan to set up makeshift hospitals - in the event of a major emergency. That information could be very important. You might want to ask your local authorities what they know about this.

Doctors can be frustrating - they often prescribe only small amounts of meds. If you have a critical need for a certain medication, you really need a supply for 6 months ... or maybe a year. I can't tell you how to go about getting this ... but I think it would be a tremendously helpful if you did.

Take a look at other threads on this web site. there is excellent advice about food for your pantry) that lasts for months. Take a look at British "fruit cake" - that stuff lasts for months and months. It was mailed to British troops in Europe during the world wars. I also recommend you stockpile some concentrated lemon juice ... not frozen. The stuff on the shelves of the supermarket. When the human body goes for a long time with limited food - you start craving fresh fruit. A little lemon juice is a lifesaver.

I will avoid all political comments. But after seeing the crisis that is starting to engulf Saudi Arabia and Iran tonight (al-Nimr execution), it is not hard to imagine a lot more bloodshed in the Middle East in 2016. A major crisis there, and a global economic downturn - these are very plausible possibilities.

Good luck!!!

#278448 - 01/03/16 04:28 PM Re: WW III [Re: Pete]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
Florida had arguably the best Emergency Management Director when Craig Fugate was here...much of the post Katrina reorganization of FEMA is based on the lessons learned from Andrew and the 2004/2005 hurricane season

#278652 - 01/08/16 02:31 PM Re: WW III [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I knew going into a discussion on WW III that information is constantly being updated. This is not completely new information since what I heard earlier seems to confirm what I'm hearing now: Florida is one of the places to be attacked.

The good news is I have the doll I've always wanted. She's now apart of my collection. I can now leave this world with no regrets.

Edit: Mom explained why the earlier information does not confirm what I'm hearing now. She made a valid point and I agree.

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by Jeanette_Isabelle (01/08/16 09:05 PM)

#278676 - 01/08/16 10:53 PM Re: WW III [Re: LesSnyder]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
Florida had arguably the best Emergency Management Director when Craig Fugate was here...much of the post Katrina reorganization of FEMA is based on the lessons learned from Andrew and the 2004/2005 hurricane season
As most ETS readers are (or should be) aware, Fugate has moved on to become head of FEMA. By most accounts he has made some major, very positive changes in that agency.

For an interesting profile of Fugate, published shortly after he was appointed see In Case of Emergency. For a more recent interview with Fugate, where he outlines his ideas of getting individuals, the private sector, and communities involved in disaster response see We Are All First Responders.

#278678 - 01/09/16 04:18 AM Re: WW III [Re: AKSAR]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
Thank you for those references. I must say that his philosophy is on the right track.

#278681 - 01/09/16 02:11 PM Re: WW III [Re: AKSAR]
Carpal Tunnel

It's good we have someone like him as the head of FEMA; in the event of WW III we may not be able to count on the government because it is so overwhelmed.

Society has changed a lot since WW II. The government may be so overwhelmed because it is trying to keep order that it may not be able to help those in need.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 283 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.