The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#278602 - 01/06/16 09:01 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Russ]
Jeanette_Isabelle Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
"That describes how I feel about my disassociation. The doc here and other health care professionals would call it a disorder; I don't."

Jeanette Isabelle

#278606 - 01/07/16 04:45 AM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I rarely carry more than two lights on my person at the same time, unless I'm camping or hiking.

#278609 - 01/07/16 02:08 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

After some awkward silence, Jeanette makes a suggestion to Russ. "I saw some arcade games on the first floor. How about we skip this session?"

Jeanette Isabelle

#278612 - 01/07/16 05:44 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
enabler for Russ enters...if you want to spot coyotes and additionally give them a little night blindness... one of the M3 heads from Solar Force might be a fun purchase... a little pricy, but comes with an XM-L2 3 mode module... with the extension tube for an extra 123 providing 9v, you can simulate the Trinity test shot...with a low voltage XP-G R5 and a single 18650... not too much larger than a 6P package

my work here is done

#278613 - 01/07/16 05:54 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: LesSnyder]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Thanks Les, none of us has a problem wink
I saw that SolarForce head and the extension tube for a second 18650 -- 1500 Lumen. I may do that once I have the body currently inbound up and working.

Roughly $80 for both the K3 head and tube.

#278624 - 01/07/16 08:37 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Russ]
Carpal Tunnel

Jeanette remains, standing, having received no response from Russ. "If you don't like games, that's fine. It was a suggestion."

Jeanette Isabelle

#278628 - 01/07/16 10:05 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Hey, ya been busy, missed the meeting. But since none of us have a real flashlight problem, I'm thinking the good Dr Ross can just meet with himself. He seems to be the only person in the room with a real flashlight issue.

#278633 - 01/07/16 10:52 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Russ]
Craig_Thompson Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SE PA United States
[Craig wakes from his daydream with a start.]

Sorry folks, didn't mean to be rude. I was just thinking about my Quark123. This wonderful little tool fits comfortably in my jeans watch pocket yet I can go outside on the darkest knight and easily light up deer and other wildlife in my back yard out to 25 yards and more. I still marvel at that capability.

When I was a kid 50 years ago my grandfather showed me his pen light and told me he never goes out without it. As an adult I came to understand his wisdom. I use the flashlight nearly every day.

But to answer your question Dr. Ross, life is not about flashlights. My sister and I joke about them but they are so darn useful for every day situations. Frequently people ask to borrow mine. Why are they too lazy to carry one themselves? They are the ones with the problem.

Or is life really about flashlights after all? Or light anyway? Is not light the embodiment of all that is good? A light in the night is comforting, warding off evil. Dare I mention that Jesus was called the light of the world?

Of all the things one could be fascinated with surely light and goodness and safety and comfort can't be bad.

Besides, I can stop anytime I want to. Really I can...

#278638 - 01/08/16 12:57 AM Re: Random Stories [Re: Russ]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Russ
Hey, ya been busy, missed the meeting. But since none of us have a real flashlight problem, I'm thinking the good Dr Ross can just meet with himself. He seems to be the only person in the room with a real flashlight issue.

"As I was saying, I saw some arcade games on the first floor. I did not see all that they have; I hope they have Sugar Rush, the only game I play."

Jeanette Isabelle

#278639 - 01/08/16 01:05 AM Re: Random Stories [Re: Craig_Thompson]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Craig_Thompson
But to answer your question Dr. Ross, life is not about flashlights. My sister and I joke about them but they are so darn useful for every day situations. Frequently people ask to borrow mine. Why are they too lazy to carry one themselves? They are the ones with the problem.

"I don't know if it is laziness." Jeanette says to Craig. "This bag allows me to carry something as big as 3 D-cell MAG-LITE."

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 413 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.