The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#278469 - 01/04/16 06:28 PM Random Stories
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Note: In another forum, now a virtual ghost town, spontaneous stories would pop up. Literally, with no planning or structure, stories pertaining to the subject of the thread would form. Rather than hijack the flashlight thread, I thought it best to move it to its own thread. I have no idea what will happen; I'm curious to see where it goes.

Jeanette, a twenty-nine-year-old single woman, attends her first flashalcoholics anonymous meeting. Her hair, a shade darker than auburn, is in a ponytail, a style she has worn since she was a child. Her emerald green eyes hide behind her glasses.

In her purse, at her feet, is her first MAG-LITE: a black incandescent flashlight converted with a LED insert and powered by two D cells. The scuffmarks on it not only serve as a testament to its craftsmanship; also tells a story of a time the lamp stayed on during a rather painful accident.

Originally Posted By: Russ
"Hi, I'm Russ and I'm a flashaholic"

"Hi Russ." Jeanette says in unison with the others who are currently seated.

Jeanette Isabelle

#278470 - 01/04/16 06:47 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
It's really nothing serious, I can stop any time I want. Any time... just not yet. wink

#278478 - 01/04/16 09:07 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Russ]
Carpal Tunnel

Dr. Ross, a nationally recognized expert on flashalcoholism who has written a book on the subject, leads the group. "Russ, let me ask you, do you want to stop?"

Jeanette Isabelle

#278481 - 01/04/16 09:22 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Chaosmagnet mutters, quietly, "No. I shouldn't even be here today."

#278482 - 01/04/16 09:28 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
honest.... before the 2004/2005 hurricane events here in Florida, I had only two LED flashlights... a Gerber Infinity and Photon Micro, and was as happy as a clam with an incandescent Sure Fire 6P, a couple of Mag Lights and a Tupperware box of batteries... the switch to Eneloops for standardization was a lessons learned.. I gave 25 Fenix E01/E05s two years ago for Christmas...7 Solar Force L2s the year before

#278484 - 01/04/16 09:49 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Dr. Ross, a nationally recognized expert on flashalcoholism who has written a book on the subject, leads the group. "Russ, let me ask you, do you want to stop?"
No, I guess I don't. As my fellow flashaholics will testify, it's not a bad addiction and I shouldn't be here either.

Now if I was to give "7 Solar Force L2" flashlights as Christmas presents then I might think I had a problem -- unless of course I lived in Florida and had gone through a few severe and sustained power outages, and had 7 friends who didn't have decent flashlights. But if I was that guy I'd consider those fairly reasonable gifts, generous too.

But back to the question, I can stop whenever I want, anytime I want -- now's just not the time. smile

#278489 - 01/04/16 10:10 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I'm a bit of a fflashlight junkie although I only have 25 to 30 good lights. My focus has long been quality over quantity. I'm a big believer in weapon mounted lights so that has expanded my collection as well.

#278495 - 01/04/16 10:45 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: LesSnyder]
Carpal Tunnel

Dr. Ross does not let Chaosmagnet's muttering disrupt the session. He sees LesSnyder raise a hand. "Yes, LesSnyder?"

Originally Posted By: LesSnyder
honest.... before the 2004/2005 hurricane events here in Florida, I had only two LED flashlights... a Gerber Infinity and Photon Micro, and was as happy as a clam with an incandescent Sure Fire 6P, a couple of Mag Lights and a Tupperware box of batteries... the switch to Eneloops for standardization was a lessons learned.. I gave 25 Fenix E01/E05s two years ago for Christmas...7 Solar Force L2s the year before

"Don't you think you are encouraging others in your addiction?" Dr. Ross asks.

Jeanette Isabelle

#278496 - 01/04/16 10:50 PM Re: Random Stories [Re: Russ]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Russ
No, I guess I don't. As my fellow flashaholics will testify, it's not a bad addiction and I shouldn't be here either.

Now if I was to give "7 Solar Force L2" flashlights as Christmas presents then I might think I had a problem -- unless of course I lived in Florida and had gone through a few severe and sustained power outages, and had 7 friends who didn't have decent flashlights. But if I was that guy I'd consider those fairly reasonable gifts, generous too.

But back to the question, I can stop whenever I want, anytime I want -- now's just not the time. smile

"Why do you believe you shouldn't stop?" Dr. Ross asks.

Jeanette Isabelle

#278507 - 01/05/16 12:29 AM Re: Random Stories [Re: Phaedrus]
Carpal Tunnel

Dr. Ross sees Phaedrus raise a hand. "Yes, Phaedrus?"

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
I'm a bit of a fflashlight junkie although I only have 25 to 30 good lights. My focus has long been quality over quantity. I'm a big believer in weapon mounted lights so that has expanded my collection as well.

"Only twenty-five to thirty? Do you believe that is too many and why do you believe you must expand your . . . collection?"

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 432 Guests and 45 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.