Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#276934 - 10/05/15 06:11 PM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
NAR has the best nitrile gloves I've ever found. I wore a single pair during a daylong exercise recently and at the end I could have put them back in my glove pocket for re-use.

I recently replaced one of my trauma kits (retiring one to training duty) and decided to start with ITS's ETA. Thankfully I haven't had to treat anyone with it but so far so good. The D.A.R.K. from Dark Angel looks like it would have been a little less expensive overall to get to the same place (NPA, decompression needle, HALO vent chest seal set, CAT, shears, compressed gauze, izzie bandage, Combat Gauze, good tape).

Edited by chaosmagnet (10/05/15 06:12 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot Combat Gauze

#276935 - 10/05/15 06:26 PM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Laser diodes

Gen 2+ night vision

ruby impregnated ceramic catalytic gas burning elements

vapor permeable laminated fleece fabric

krill oil(maybe, jury is still out on this one)

CNC machining systems

#276936 - 10/05/15 06:45 PM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Alan_Romania Offline

Addict

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Originally Posted By: Alan_Romania
For prepackaged individual first aid kits, Dark Angel has what I think are some of the best thought out pouches and kits.

I'm not seeing much of a difference between these individual first aid kits and individual first aid kits made by similar companies with the difference being North American Rescue. Other than the CAT, I'm not impressed with NAR.

I like NAR and some of the products they sell, but in my opinion the D.A.R.K. is one of the best laid out IFAK pouches made today and the quality of the few I have handled are extremely high quality.

What really impresses me about Dark Angel is how much more in tune to the changes in trauma patient management they appear to be. Do I buy stuff from other companies, sure but If i was to send someone to one company for gear and training it would be Dark Angel Medical.

#276938 - 10/05/15 08:00 PM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

I saw this sentence, and I was vastly impressed: "Fully self-monitoring, including sensor performance and end-of-life with no calibration required." At first I thought Big Hero 6 was now real! Then I realized this is probably about the expiration date of this kit...

#276941 - 10/05/15 08:29 PM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: chaosmagnet]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
The D.A.R.K. from Dark Angel looks like it would have been a little less expensive overall to get to the same place (NPA, decompression needle, HALO vent chest seal set, CAT, shears, compressed gauze, izzie bandage, Combat Gauze, good tape).

Are you referring to the Generation 3 kit? I didn't see tape listed.

Jeanette Isabelle

#276942 - 10/05/15 08:30 PM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: benjammin]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: benjammin
Laser diodes

Gen 2+ night vision

ruby impregnated ceramic catalytic gas burning elements

vapor permeable laminated fleece fabric

krill oil(maybe, jury is still out on this one)

CNC machining systems

I'm not clear on what you just said.

Jeanette Isabelle

#276945 - 10/05/15 11:44 PM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
The D.A.R.K. from Dark Angel looks like it would have been a little less expensive overall to get to the same place (NPA, decompression needle, HALO vent chest seal set, CAT, shears, compressed gauze, izzie bandage, Combat Gauze, good tape).

Are you referring to the Generation 3 kit? I didn't see tape listed.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. The contents listed are what I consider necessary in a primary, single-patient penetrating trauma kit. For the D.A.R.K., all I would need to add is a roll of good tape. For the ETA kit from ITS, I had to add shears, CAT, and tape, with a holster for the CAT essentially mandatory. All in all, it's a very compact package but a bit more expensive than the D.A.R.K.

#276959 - 10/07/15 04:24 AM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Thinking outside the box. I tried thinking of non-medical items that met the criteria.

Not the same gendre as you exemplified, but still significant as life-sustaining in other ways.

#276964 - 10/08/15 05:02 AM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Finally found some cutlery with a spoon big enough rather than the ubiquitous industrial 'Camping and Trekking' ones made from Titanium.. wink

http://www.horieusa.com/tableware/utensils.htm

#276965 - 10/08/15 06:00 AM Re: The Cat's Pajamas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
What gear, used to sustain life, is so revolutionary, innovative or simply well designed that it deserves to be mentioned, regardless of the price?

Technology is really developed to destroy life or control it..

The technology used in Missile Guidance using Thermographic technology such as ASRAAM had essentially unlimited funds. i.e Transputers and long wave IR focal plane array bolometers for the Military industrial Complex. My Postgraduate project work was using Transputer Occam process oriented programming.

When I was working on developing software algorithms for Dynamic Medical Thermographic Imaging.

i.e. such as

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8509657

there was virtually no funding, well actually zero funding, Even spending $30 on some 3rd party software was deemed extravagant..

I do like my gadget toys but I don't rely on them for my life support.

Perhaps I should have spent more time on pointless sprites for the Lemmings like Davy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Jones_(video_game_developer)

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (10/08/15 06:22 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.