Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#276752 - 09/22/15 02:36 PM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: chaosmagnet]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
But sunglasses became a must.

I switched from a second, tinted pair of my prescription glasses to "Cocoons" (they go over my regular glasses). One good thing about getting older, you are allowed to wear things like that without embarrassment. Actually, you're expected to look like that! Best sunglasses I have ever owned. They keep the direct sunlight out from all directions, not just from the front like my old prescription ones did.

#276753 - 09/22/15 02:57 PM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: haertig]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
My EDC pocket carry has been minimized to a quality locking folder (usually a BM 940), a minimal set of keys (house & truck), my $ wallet with ID, ATM & credit cards (thin and light) and sunglasses (it's SOCAL). Everything else is in my EDC backpack which stays in the truck -- normally close by. I can take it with but usually don't.

#276761 - 09/22/15 10:14 PM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
My EDC has expanded more than contracted. I did reluctantly ditch my SAS in favor of a Spyderco Dragonfly a few years ago;I really liked having the small scissors but I found the actual knife blade to be wanting.

I too have scaled back to just one spare magazine for my sidearm.

#276769 - 09/23/15 04:25 AM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
I don't carry a handgun. I haven't gone through the hassle of trying to get a Cali permit. Even if I had a permit, I'm not sure if I would carry anyway. The trouble a handgun could give me outweighs the unlikely benefit...personal decision.

I don't carry a multi-tool. A pocket knife covers most of my emergency tool needs.

I don't carry a separate flashlight when I'm cutting as much weight as possible. I honestly haven't used my flashlight in about a year. When I need a light, I've been using my cell phone's light.

Instead of a wallet or a money clip, has anybody here tried using a strong rubber band around their credit cards and cash?

#276779 - 09/24/15 01:20 AM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: ireckon]
UTAlumnus Offline
Old Hand

Loc: East Tennessee near Bristol
Quote:
Instead of a wallet or a money clip, has anybody here tried using a strong rubber band around their credit cards and cash?

I haven't tried a rubber band. Instead of a money clip, I use one of the medium black binder clips. Most money clips I've tried can't handle a decent amount of cash without stretching out over time. The only ones that haven't are titanium.

#276782 - 09/24/15 06:26 AM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

That's one trouble I don't have...I don't have enough money to break a money clip! whistle grin

#276784 - 09/24/15 09:04 PM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: ireckon]
Bingley Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ireckon

I usually carry a few thousand dollars in a roll secured by a rubber band when I go to my night shift working for the mob. I learned that from Donnie Brasco. Financial transactions with credit cards? Fuggedaboutit!

grin

#276785 - 09/24/15 09:55 PM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: TeacherRO]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
Does anybody here NOT carry a man bag? My man bag makes life fun and easy.

#276787 - 09/25/15 07:13 AM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: ireckon]
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

I don't. Wallet (has some bandaids and such), keys, phone, flashlight, SAK and a pack of tissues. All fit in my pockets or are on my belt.

#276788 - 09/25/15 07:19 AM Re: What don't you EDC? [Re: ireckon]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Nope, just a wallet. The only time I do have a "man bag" is when I'm headed to a coffee shop or cafe to have some tea and slurp some wireless with my Galaxy Pro 8.4 tablet. I've got a small sling bag that neatly holds my tablet, charger, and pen & notebook along with a spare tactical-type light (currently an old Surefire 6P upgraded with a Malkoff M61 LED dropin) and an extra spare mag for my sidearm. On my day off I like to spend an hour or two lounging at a local sidewalk cafe to there I usually have my bag. I would hate to carry it around all the time, though.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 411 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.