Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#275989 - 07/29/15 07:14 PM Real North American Laws
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
http://www.tickld.com/x/13-real-north-american-laws-that-will-have-you-saying-wtf

Those in the State of Washington need to be mindful of Rule 6.

Do we have anyone here from Fairbanks, Alaska? With all of the problems in the world today, the last thing we need is an intoxicated moose.

Jeanette Isabelle

#275991 - 07/29/15 08:32 PM Re: Real North American Laws [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
adam2 Offline
Addict

Loc: Somerset UK
Until recently, London cabs had to carry a supply of hay, lest the horse became hungry.
Also a cab driver was not obliged to accept a fare of more than a certain mileage, for the welfare of the horse.

#276007 - 07/30/15 06:22 AM Re: Real North American Laws [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
JeffMc Offline

Loc: Northwest Florida
"4. According to City Ordinance Number 352 in Pacific Grove, California, it is a misdemeanor to kill or threaten a butterfly. Would you be screwed if the butterfly threatened you first though?"

Butterflies are a big part of the local culture, and very important to the tourist economy of Pacific Grove, as well as an important and unique natural phenomenon. It's also rather spectacular to witness. So this particular ordinance is actually quite relevant and sensible. I used to work there, many years ago. It's a truly beautiful place.

"Every Year Thousands of Monarchs Overwinter in Pacific Grove
Arriving in October, the Monarch Butterflies cluster together on the pines and eucalyptus trees of the Sanctuary. Their migration to Pacific Grove is so unique and inspiring that Pacific Grove is nicknamed "Butterfly Town, U.S.A." The community has always welcomed the butterflies and sought for their protection. Citizens of Pacific Grove voted to create an additional tax to create the Monarch Grove Sanctuary, led by dedicated volunteers. The Pacific Grove Police Department continues to enforce strict regulations that prohibit the "molestation of butterflies." The fine? $1,000." http://www.ci.pg.ca.us/index.aspx?page=251

#276060 - 08/03/15 04:22 AM Re: Real North American Laws [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
BruceZed Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Remember "Bear Wrestling" is illegal in Alabama and punishable with sentences about the same as manslaughter. Fortunately I believe you can still defend yourself against an attack by a Bear in Alabama, just don't try a wrestle with it!

Without an idea of our local history many of our customs or laws make very little sense, given enough changes in technology and culture.
boreal.net

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.