The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#275775 - 07/13/15 02:01 PM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I don't want to turn this into a political discussion so I won't mention what it is. Those who pay attention to the news know what's happening in Ocala, Florida. Finally something interesting is happening.

Jeanette Isabelle

#275776 - 07/13/15 03:15 PM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
What unique thing is happening in Ocala, Florida? Can you give the uninformed a clue? I don't find news about someone shooting into a car driven by his GF to be interesting. Drilling for oil in the Everglades? Maybe I'm jaded...

#275777 - 07/13/15 03:30 PM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Russ]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Russ
What unique thing is happening in Ocala, Florida? Can you give the uninformed a clue? I don't find news about someone shooting into a car driven by his GF to be interesting. Drilling for oil in the Everglades? Maybe I'm jaded...

How shall I put this in a way that respects the rules of this forum? A flag that is offensive to some is being supported by those who state that flag is a part of their heritage.

Jeanette Isabelle

#275778 - 07/13/15 03:48 PM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
wink got it. Saw that on Ocala StarBanner but it didn't trip my significance threshold. I've never thought of FL being "southern". There are so many more important issues ongoing than distractions such as 160 year out of time flags just don't rise to a level of concern.

Edited by Russ (07/13/15 05:01 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#275781 - 07/13/15 04:56 PM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Russ]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Russ
There are so many more important issues ongoing that distractions such as 160 year out of time flags just don't rise to a level of concern.

A rally for a flag is the most interesting thing that has happed since I moved here more than a year ago.

Jeanette Isabelle

#276311 - 08/21/15 04:57 PM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Yesterday lunch at Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken (no affiliation) made my day. I decided to try their country-fried steak. Best country-fried steak, from a fast food place, I ever had. There may be hope for this small Florida city after all.

Jeanette Isabelle

#276318 - 08/22/15 08:52 AM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Country fried steak sounds really good right now!

#276337 - 08/24/15 04:32 AM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Phaedrus]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I prefer country fried prime rib, but that's just me. I may have to make some next weekend.

#276498 - 09/01/15 11:39 PM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
ki4buc Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Augusta, GA
It's been over a year, and this thread is still active! What are your perspectives over the last year Jeanette?

Orlando and Tampa/St. Petersburg are 1 hour and 2/2.5 hours away from you, respectively.

In Orlando you can feel at home with the DFW prices (same dollar amount, twice the buying power!), and if you decide to check out Walt Disney World Resort (including the Magic Kingdom (Disneyland East), EPCOT (it might be all lowercase now...) and a crap load of hotels and golf courses) you're in luck: NEW YORK CITY PRICES!

After being here a year, you've probably noticed that Construction Season is year round.

People have mentioned CERT, and Marion County Sheriff's Office runs a very fine Emergency Management department and you could possibly get into a group with like minded people, and if you have time, perhaps volunteer.

#276502 - 09/02/15 02:21 AM Re: Surviving a Small City [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I'm unable to drive far due to my anxiety disorder. I'm in a tropical hell for mental health reasons after all.

In the spring, Mom and I went to Daytona Beach. In a way, it felt like home having concrete under my feet and surrounded by tall buildings. Those tall buildings are all hotels. Here, the tallest building is six stories.

New construction here is nowhere near to what it is in Dallas.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 474 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.