Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#274329 - 02/26/15 03:14 AM Re: Homemade SERE & Survival Kit w/pics... [Re: boatman]
cedfire Offline
Addict

Loc: Orygun
Originally Posted By: boatman
Are you planning to carry this on person or in a pack.I consider a pack a large survival kit in itself.It's a kit you can get separated from.Will this go in a cargo pocket or other?

BOATMAN
John

This one I'm anticipating keeping in the pack. Although, it definitely is small enough to stash in a cargo pocket if needed.

Next step is coming up with something small enough to always keep along with the on-person daily EDC goodies... might return to an Altoids tin sized kit.

#274372 - 02/28/15 08:01 AM Re: Homemade SERE & Survival Kit w/pics... [Re: cedfire]
Leigh_Ratcliffe Offline
Veteran

Loc: United Kingdom.
Add a Swiss Army Knife. Make sure that it has a saw and sissors.
More puritabs and some snarewire.

#274380 - 02/28/15 04:42 PM Re: Homemade SERE & Survival Kit w/pics... [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I find this rather curious, particularly your use of the SERE acronym and the lock picks (educational use?? - nice try). If I weren't concerned about Escaping and Evading, I would include some first aid items and something that would be useful for sheltering, as well as more emphasis on signalling. Most often in a tight situation,one wishes to be found, thus leading to a new acronym - SEFR (Survive, Endure, Find, Rescue).

Sorry, I just don't get the lock picks....

#274383 - 02/28/15 05:32 PM Re: Homemade SERE & Survival Kit w/pics... [Re: hikermor]
AKSAR Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alaska
Originally Posted By: hikermor
I find this rather curious, particularly your use of the SERE acronym and the lock picks (educational use?? - nice try). If I weren't concerned about Escaping and Evading, I would include some first aid items and something that would be useful for sheltering, as well as more emphasis on signalling. Most often in a tight situation,one wishes to be found, thus leading to a new acronym - SEFR (Survive, Endure, Find, Rescue).

Hikermor, you are just being picky!

If he truly wants to evade and escape, he should include a thousand bucks in small bills, hair dye, fake mustache, a passport with assumed name, etc. smile

#274384 - 02/28/15 07:27 PM Re: Homemade SERE & Survival Kit w/pics... [Re: AKSAR]
boatman Offline
Addict

Loc: Michigan
You know,like Jason Bourne.....

BOATMAN
John

#274396 - 03/01/15 06:16 PM Re: Homemade SERE & Survival Kit w/pics... [Re: hikermor]
cedfire Offline
Addict

Loc: Orygun
Originally Posted By: hikermor

Don't lose any sleep over it. grin

Looking at the rest of the items, you'll notice a trend -- signal mirror, whistle, signal panel, Glo-toob attached to a lanyard. All things to attract attention and be noticed, as you yourself mentioned. (Still need to add a little flagging/surveyor's tape, too.) As far as the FAK goes, it is carried in another pouch (modified AMK kit). Picture below...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 444 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.