The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#274015 - 01/28/15 03:18 PM Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Surefire Breaks New Ground with 1xAAA Titan & Titan Plus

Surefire has been synonymous with high-performance, high-end flashlights, but you'd never accuse them of being particularly affordable. SHOT Show marked a revolution as Surfire upended expectations with its new 1xAAA Titan and Titan Plus flashlights, both in terms of price and EDC performance.

Get all the details on these revolutionary EDC flashlights from Surefire: http://www.equipped.org/blog/?p=646
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#274016 - 01/28/15 04:48 PM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: Doug_Ritter]
wileycoyote Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: north central west TX
as a huge fan of 1xAAA 'lights, this is news indeed.

thnx doug.

#274020 - 01/28/15 08:14 PM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: Doug_Ritter]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
$60 is not bad at all. I almost ignored the original post because Surefire is typically out of my price range.

#274021 - 01/29/15 12:20 AM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: ireckon]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
It is always good to see quality products come to market, but I think the Fenix LD02, 100 lumens,3 light levels,a rear clicky and half the price offers pretty stiff competition. Decisions, decisions...

#274022 - 01/29/15 12:23 AM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: hikermor]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: hikermor
It is always good to see quality products come to market, but I think the Fenix LD02, 100 lumens,3 light levels,a rear clicky and half the price offers pretty stiff competition. Decisions, decisions...

You really have to see the beam in action to appreciate what a difference it makes... How Surefire gets that unique attribute across will be an interesting marketing effort
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#274024 - 01/29/15 06:08 AM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
And *POOF* more of my money disappears because of Doug/ETS... frown laugh
-Blast, who won't have to carry strips of magnesium any more.
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#274027 - 01/29/15 07:30 AM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Phaedrus Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
SWEET! grin I'm a pretty big Surefire fan. I got my first one maybe 15 or even 20 years ago; it was a Nitrolon G2 back when they were all incandescent. Great light for the time but battery life was poor. I think I have five Surefires now, all LED, counting the X300 Ultra WML I keep on my HK carbine.

I'm pretty happy with my keychain EDC, a Fenix E01, but I'll certainly be looking for the Surefire to examine. It's great that they're releasing a few cheaper models, at least provided the quality is still there. Granted, I'd have more Surefires than I do if they were cheaper but I have never regretted a dime that I've spent on any of their products.

#274029 - 01/29/15 02:12 PM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
The beam shape of the Titan will need to be very compelling for me to invest in a AAA back-up light. My pocket light is a 1xAA Fenix E12 -- 8/50/130 lumens out, very useful output range.

The light on my keyring (DR Photon Freedom) is purely a back-up with the intent of momentary use to get me to a real light. After years on my keyring I finally replaced the battery after it was accidentally turned on and left on for an unknown time (I think the dog did it) but even then the light was good enough for its job of getting to a real light.

For the purposes mentioned in the article, lighting an alley or the woods at night, I would prefer to use a AA light for the runtime and commonality with my other non-keyring lights.

Might be a great light, but I'll need to see it first hand.

#274030 - 01/29/15 02:38 PM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: Blast]
gonewiththewind Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Blast
And *POOF* more of my money disappears because of Doug/ETS... frown laugh
-Blast, who won't have to carry strips of magnesium any more.

Me too!! My wife just rolled her eyes.

I will have to try it out, even though I just got the one Hikermor talks about, and I do like it.

#274031 - 01/29/15 03:43 PM Re: Surefire Breaks New Ground w 1xAAA Titan Lights [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
If the intent is to market the Titan to guys who already carry Surefire 123A lights (think LEO) then they may do well with sales. This may capture market-share of guys who want a Surefire light that fills the low-power void. This is a light they can drop in their pocket or keep on a keyring rather than the high power light they have on their weapon or duty belt.

For the general public who discovered Fenix, FourSevens, et al years ago, I'm not sure a high priced AAA light (regardless of beam shape) will be compelling. We'll see.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.