Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#273604 - 01/09/15 05:10 PM Your 2nd kit; desk, locker, car
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

There is edc/ on body kit, but then there is the next level -- What do you keep handy in your truck, desk, work locker, lunch bag, briefcase, etc.?

#273605 - 01/09/15 05:22 PM Re: Your 2nd kit; desk, locker, car [Re: TeacherRO]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
My 96 hour kit is in the truck, with my GHB being a subset of that kit. If I go to work, this kit is in the parking lot within walking distance. If I'm at home it's in the garage. It's never very far away.

#273609 - 01/09/15 06:44 PM Re: Your 2nd kit; desk, locker, car [Re: TeacherRO]
hikermor Offline
Geezer in Chief
Geezer

Loc: southern Cal
I stock both our vehicles with basics, including sleeping bag, cook set, and food. I figure the likely ultimate disaster would be a severe earthquake, and the stuff stashed in the vehicle would be accessible even in that situation.

#273611 - 01/09/15 08:04 PM Re: Your 2nd kit; desk, locker, car [Re: TeacherRO]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
my 72 hour remain overnight kit is in my car.. there is always a 1/2 case of water, extra fleece and GoreTex.. heavy stuff in the plastic crate... first aid in the dry box

#273615 - 01/09/15 11:20 PM Re: Your 2nd kit; desk, locker, car [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Online   content
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Each car has an emergency bag. It serves as a "stuck in a snowbank for three days" kit, an "I gotta hoof it a bunch of miles to safety" kit, and it provides more mundane day-to-day capabilities for first aid, fixing broken things, charging dead cellphones, and so on. All the Ten Essentials are there, with redundancy in water disinfection, fire, sharps, and illumination. Our cars always have quite a bit of bottled water in them; the emergency bags have hydration bladders that can be filled from the bottles if circumstances warrant.

There's also a duffel in my car with dry clothes, spare outerwear and boots, and an ECWSS setup if I'm stuck overnight someplace. Each car also has a jumpstarter that includes a compressor, an LED work light, and the capability to charge our phones or amateur radio HTs.

If you get the idea that the trunk of my car is pretty full, you're right.

Either emergency bag can serve as the core of the Family Sized bug out/bug in gear. I keep two two wife-portable bins, large water containers, and a dedicated box of ammo in the garage. These can go into either car in a couple of minutes, or stay home if that's where we are going to be.

My laptop bag has the best kit I can make that is low volume, low weight and TSA-friendly. First thing I do when clearing airport security is to buy water and often a meal to take onto the flight. I add a multitool to it when I'm not flying.

When I worked downtown and commuted on the train, I kept dry clothes, water, some food and a few other things in a locked, dedicated desk drawer. The one thing I really wanted to keep in my office but never got done was a bicycle. I did carry a good-sized wad of cash and the locations of two local bike shops; my backup plan if I couldn't find some way to ride home in the train or a car was to get to a bike shop and buy a bike. I'm not sorry to report that I don't have an office downtown any more.

#273686 - 01/13/15 06:21 PM Re: Your 2nd kit; desk, locker, car [Re: TeacherRO]
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

i keep snacks and a clean shirt handy.

#273689 - 01/14/15 02:44 AM Re: Your 2nd kit; desk, locker, car [Re: TeacherRO]
Mark_R Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Southern California
It's split between my briefcase (pills, cell phone support equipment, etc), my desk (first aid kit, sewing kit, lite tools), and the car (water and heavier tools).

To be honest, I could probably just do what everybody else in the office does. They cram everything into a large laptop backpack, and keep gym clothes in the car.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.