Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#26973 - 04/15/04 01:16 PM Some new items I bought... (reviews)
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Special Ops Cargo Pocket Organizer.

Great way to organize extra EDC you have in your pocket or if you want to tag extra stuff along. Three front mesh compartment will fit a nice folder, pen, cell phone and a flashlight. Inside has two compartments for more bulkier items. 2 dry bags are there in case you decide to carry things that do not react well with water. Small lanyard is great way to keep small things on the leash (such as photon, keys, medical tape) Handle at the top makes it easier to take the organizer out of your cargo pocket. Also this pouch can be put on your belt. Now you probably never ever carried a lot of stuff in your cargo pocket so it takes a bit to get used to a solid chunk hitting your leg when you walk. Another thing is that this was designed with military spec BDUs in mind, not civilian cargo pants. This organizer will not fit Gap and Old Navy pants. Check width of your pockets before you buy it. I can wear cargos to work as long as they are not BDUs. I’m planning on buying few 5.11 pants and see how they work out. In conclusion it is a solid item but not as solid as Mapxpedition stuff.

Super Knife (Original and New Rubberized Grip)

Yes it is a great device. I was never good at sharpening so popping a new blade every time old one gets dull is a great thing. Now this blade could have been manufactured better. They are rough but I guess I should expect more from a $20 knife. So far they have been good and are doing their job. Handle is little to small and not that comfortable but that was fixed with new rubberized grip version. Best thing about the super knife? Their nylon condura cases. I think they hired Rip Off to do their sheaths. They are solid and most likely I will be using them for other things.

Next week I will try talking about Photo Freedoms, Kershaw National Geographic Tool and some Mapxpedition pouches and sheaths. Cheers mates.

Matt

#26974 - 04/15/04 04:32 PM Re: Some new items I bought... (reviews)
X-ray Dave Offline
Addict

Loc: Nevada
I use the super knife at work on boxes, it's the best thing I've used for that and it saves my Warthog folder. The new grips are a nice addition. Bought a SpecOps backpack organizer for all the travel stuff (kinda like EDC stuff). It works well and I like the 3 pocket medic bag they make also. Between them and Maxpedition I've picked up some nice gear.

#26975 - 04/15/04 05:01 PM Re: Some new items I bought... (reviews)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I picked up a mini Superknife for opening packages, and it rocks. It also saves wear and tear on my good knives, and sharpening time, as you mention.

#26976 - 04/21/04 08:01 AM Re: Some new items I bought... (reviews)
NY RAT Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: brooklyn, ny
i have yet to see the superknife in person, but by the picture shown it doesnt look much different bladewise then the cheap box cutter type blade ive had for awhile, which also can snap off to replace with a new pointed tip.

hey i admit im usually cheap but what makes it worth the price other then the rubberized grip?

#26977 - 04/22/04 06:06 PM Re: Some new items I bought... (reviews)
KTOA Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SoCal
I own a SuperKnife and it's great. I don't sharpen knives so blade replacement is a requirement. Typically all I need is a blade to cut rope/string, open a box or score an edge w/ the tip. Superknife fills the bill perfect.

For $15 it can't be beat. For the cost I consider it well-made, they provide utility blades that are twice the thickness of regular blades. The clip is great, holds well w/o being a two-handed operation to use it.

Just a satisfied customer.

#26978 - 04/23/04 12:19 PM Re: Some new items I bought... (reviews)
Vinosaur Offline
dedicated member

Loc: North Central IL
I also like the super-knife a lot. The main office is in the town next to mine, so I can go over to their shop if I want. I recommend the newer "sport" super knife, it is lighter weight, and still great quality. I use it mostly at work where I often need to cut boxes and other abrassive materials that I don't want to ruin my good knife.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 471 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.